276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Dart

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I originally took to reading my poems out loud because I found people didn’t read the tunes properly on the page.

More Hamburger icon An icon used to represent a menu that can be toggled by interacting with this icon. She is drawn to nature with a steady passion, partly, I suspect, because it is not attention-seeking ('the lovely, inattentive water'). Ann Sheffield, THE HEATHEN SUBALTERN SPEAKS: TENTH-CENTURY POETRY IN THIRTEENTH-CENTURY NARRATIVES OF ICELAND’S CONVERSION TO CHRISTIANITY, pp. David Wheatley said it was a "heartening book", and that "Oswald shows that poetry need not choose between Hughesian deep myth and Larkinesque social realism". C’est la raison pour laquelle la nouvelle de Giono recrée « l'imaginaire environnemental » si cher à Buell, mettant en relief l'inefficacité de la technique dans la crise environnementale.

Oswald is the daughter of Charles William Lyle Keen and Lady Priscilla Mary Rose Curzon, daughter of Edward Curzon, 6th Earl Howe. Michael Leyshon and Jacob Bull’s work on ‘the bricolage of the here’ is used to examine the relationship between place and the identities of Dart’s characters. While I hesitate to claim that these herald a distinct postmodern turn in climate change fiction, I argue that these novels’ postmodernist self-awareness constitutes a promising new direction for fiction in the Anthropocene. And through it all, the river is alive – a creature as variable and contrary and yet as single-minded in its aims as the animals it houses, and the humans it sometimes tolerates.

A Sleepwalk on the Severn appeared in 2009, as did Weeds and Wild Flowers, her collaboration with the artist Jessica Greenman. I once had a wonderful dream that I was in a train and Athene was running along, keeping up with me. She has written multi-voice poems of British rivers ( Dart and Sleepwalk on the Severn) weaving oral history, drama and social documentary. Her first collection, The Thing in the Gap-Stone Stile (1996), won the Forward poetry prize for best first collection.Our route starts out along the Old Military Road (check firing times for the Okehampton Danger Area to make sure access is allowed) and is very easygoing for a few miles, with great views in all directions. With selected literary texts that are labeled posthuman novels, and bio-technological examples, the chapter aims to shed critical light on how posthuman ecologies accentuate the impact of bios-zoe-techno-eco-cultures in re-imagining what it means to be human, or nonhuman, in a world of hybrid configurations, strange natures, and stories. Instead of looking at landscape in a baffled, longing way, it was a release when I worked outside to feel that I was using it, part of it. These are the people who strive to move the river to their own needs, along with the tin-extracter, the stone waller and even the sewage worker.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment