276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Gloves Off: Tyson Fury Autobiography

£12.5£25.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

While he's since been rumored to be in a fight against Anthony Joshua, Fury has stated that he's finished. What followed was the darkest moment of his life – detailed in this book for the first time – in which he came within seconds of ending everything. And when Fury refers to his father being sentenced to 11 years in prison in 2011 (he served four), he merely says that it was “for getting involved in a fight”, which makes it sound like a spot of fisticuffs. After starting off with his win over Deonte Wilder to recapture the heavyweight title in February 2020, the reader will learn a little about Fury's upbringing, his rise in boxing in the British and Irish theatres and his eventual success in obtaining the title.

It’s made me want to dust off my old running shoes and get back out there, who am I kidding that’s definitely not going to happen. Behind the Mask is an unflinching autobiography from the greatest boxer of our time and a man who has demonstrated strength of a very different kind by conquering his demons.Tyson also shares a side of him that few people get to see and that in the weeks before the biggest fight of his career in 2021 he was sleeping on the hospital floor in intensive care following the premature birth of his daughter Athena who was fighting for her life.

Live stream the ongoing Tyson Fury saga, with his road to becoming the undisputed heavyweight king taking many unpredictable and unexpected turns who knows what will come next. I can really relate to Tyson in a lot of things he says when he talks about his mental health battles as I have gone through similar and found this really helpful. As with all Tyson Fury boxing bouts, the fight will be broadcast live on BT Sport Box Office this April. His honesty of the shady dealing and politics of the boxing world was an interesting read I had never thought of - or was aware of - before. With that being established, the 33-year-old has a book coming out that is expected to discuss his entire career.

He is a deep thinker, his “Gypsy King” persona deals in hyperbole (“I bent the fabric of reality, twisting this way and that”) and is a promoter’s dream, a line in willed extroversion designed to sell fights and generate headlines. And yet after hearing all this I still admire him, mostly for his honestly to be so open on his own depression and it is a true sign of the toughness of the man. He suffered short-term memory loss after the third Wilder encounter, but was lured back to face Dillian Whyte at Wembley Stadium and his old foe Derek Chisora at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium this year. Fury has, in recent years, come back from almost impossible conditions to reign again, overcoming mental health crises, enormous weight gain and “Paradise Syndrome”, the latter a by-product of dethroning Klitschko that night in Düsseldorf.

This will be one of Tyson's easiest fights, because you go from Deontay Wilder who can put your lights out in one second with one punch and then you're going over to Dillian Whyte who has not always looked the best, not always been up there. A traveller, he notes that he experienced discrimination before he was famous but his talent made it impossible for prejudices to sideline him within boxing: “I’ve earned the right to fight on merit. And listening to him speak you would think he is a world class entertainer, whether it is rushing into a press conference dressed as batman, getting carried to the ring on a throne or serenading an audience after a win. In October 2021, Tyson concluded the trilogy with victory against Deontay Wilder by an emphatic eleventh-round technical knockout.million people around the globe watched Fury fight Wilder in the biggest fight of the boxing calendar. While the title of "heavyweight boxing champion of the world" doesn't have quite the same luster today as it did in previous decades, it is still considered an honor to be part of that linear history.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment