276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Norfolk Punch Original Non Alcoholic Herbal Drink 700 ml

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Nicholas’ horse, but now they simply put a shoe, clog or boot outside their bedroom door, window or by the fireplace on the evening of 5th of December, hoping to find it full of sweets, biscuits, chocolate money, nuts and fruit the next morning. This healthy non-alcoholic drink first made by the Benedictine Monks in the 13th Century, is nature's answer to tenseness, tiredness, and the lowness of spirits. Original Norfolk Punch is a healthy, non-alcoholic herbal drink first made by the Benedictine Monks of Welle Manor in the Fenlands of Western Norfolk at least 700 years ago, who believed Norfolk Punch was “ nature’s answer to tenseness, tiredness, and lowness of spirits”.

All of the recipes below are regionally authentic, originally coming from recipe books published in the 1800s or 1900s, with the weights and measurements adjusted (alongside the old standards) where appropriate for the modern kitchen. and I wanted to save some for a recipe that I am developing that uses this magical potion; so stealth tactics and a hiding place were put into action. It has been said, that if this Punch is bottled oft’ and well corked, it will keep in any climate, and for any length of time.Make two quarts of skimmed milk boiling hot; grate a nutmeg into it; mix it gradually with the other ingredients; add a sufficient quantity of fine loaf sugar to sweeten it, (about two pounds. The term ‘Flip’, first used in 1695, describes a mixture of beer, rum, and sugar, heated with a red-hot iron (like an iron poker) heated in the fire. I normally make this recipe with lamb, but I bagged an amazingbargainthe other day, a front quarter of fresh mutton, of which part of the package contained neck of lamb and assorted chops. Didn't you know Karen that you don't have to feel guilty about hiding stuff…it’s allowed at this time of year. Just cover with a half-and-half mixture of vinegar and water to which should be added 1 pepper corn per fish.

Sure wish I could get some Norfolk Punch over here in the states–always heard of it, but never seen it here. Back to a non liquid treat ~ I have been promising some more comfort food recently and so I am sharing a classic with you today, a Hotpot. Lots of my relatives will receive Christmas goodies this year that have been inspired by your posts. The receipt appears in numerous cookbooks, starting with the ' Scots Magazine' of 1745, where "A receipt to make the Duke of Norfolk's punch" bases it on "Scots or Molasses brandy", ie.

That hotpot is my idea of real warming comfort food and I would serve mine with heaps of cabbage too! We will be only to happy to try them out for ourselves and list them on the site once we've sampled them. Water, Brown Sugar, Honey, Lemon Juice, Citric Acid and Potassium Sorbate combined with subtle infusions, decoctions and distillations of: Alder, Alehoof, Angelica, Bay, Chamomile, Caraway, Cinnamon, Clove, Daisy, Dandelion, Dock, Elderberry, Elderflower, Fennel Feverfew, Ginger, Grapeskin, Hops, Lemon Balm, Lime Flower, Lime Leaf, Liquorice, Meadowsweet, Nutmeg, Peppermint, Poppy, Rosemary, Samphire, Thyme, Vervain.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment