276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Dare: 4 (Briar U)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

EDIT: I knew it was coming that one day I wake up and think about this book again and hate most about it. So I actually re-read HannahGarrett's novella again and felt sooo disappointed. Love the idea of them being the first book in the series and then, the last book ending with their chapters, but Elle Kennedy did (all) the characters so dirty... 😭

The only impression that this story left me is that they began and ended together because of the baby and nothing else, being a convenient situation for both. That's the end of this love story. The Dare started off really good and I was even laughing so hard in chapter 2, but then the storyline fell apart. I started losing interest and just wanted it to end. It just became the same story that every other book has....Video tape leaks out, psycho bitch turns nice....blah blah blah. Anyhow The Dare wasn’t one of Elle Kennedy‘s best...This is the magic of the Briar U books. What a magnificent capstone to a fantastic series. I'm so sad to leave it behind, but am so thrilled that I was along for the entire ride - leaving pieces of my heart with every couple, in every story, and taking pieces of those stories forward with me. This is the best of romance, right here. And if there's a chance I've left any doubt in your mind? I cannot recommend it highly enough! ~ Shelly, 5 Stars

But the other domestic HannahGarrett moment we got, I ate them up. Garrett is such a dumbass and I love him for it. When he thought that Hannah would be moving out and run to the studio to make his declaration lmao or when he found out that they are expecting twins. Goal of the year, they say, but I say comedian of the year. 😂 Now, I'm going to keep my review as spoiler-free as possible, but while I'm not a huge fan of the mean girls subplot that's hinted at in the blurb, I have to say that the mean girl subplot felt cohesive and has a fairly satisfying ending, and works better than other parts of the story, such as...

Behind those curves is a bright, whip-smart, snarky young woman who just feels real and authentic. I loved that so much about her. The guy who sees all that and more hides his insecurities behind a golden boy smile and looks. He was raised dirt-poor and only good fortune made it possible for him to go to an Ivy league school. He never feels he belongs, really. Everyone comes from somewhere, Conor. We’ve all screwed up, made mistakes.” Her tone is soft, but ringing with conviction. “I don’t care who you were before. Only who you choose to be now.”

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment