276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Yamaha Arius YDP-144 Digital Piano - Classic and elegant home piano for beginners or hobbyists, in black

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

While it doesn’t compare to the slimmer, more portable design of other keyboards, it’s still slim enough to fit into most apartment rooms without much hassle. A more interesting feature though, for those who can use the Smart Pianist app is the Chord Chart. This feature analyzes any song that you would like to play along on the piano and displays chord symbols on the screen. A great way to make practicing piano even more fun. Yamaha YDP-144 vs Yamaha YDP-164 From what I can tell, this handles the interlacing between samples, making a subtle and barely noticeable difference when you release each key. It’s a minor bonus, but anything that improves the sound is definitely welcome.

This is an excellent review. It’s clear, insightful, and very informative without going beyond the understanding of a beginning student, like myself. It really helped me make some important decisions as to what I should be looking for in a new piano.Look to Roland’s consistently updated SuperNATURAL modeling/sampling hybrid sound engine and it’ll be easy to see why. Even so, Yamaha didn’t rest on its laurels. The Smart Pianist application allows you to tweak parameters and control the keyboard through a well-designed graphical user interface. Alternatively, you may want to take a look at the Yamaha YDP-S34, which is identical to the YDP-144 in terms of functionality but comes in a more compact form-factor.

Yamaha has always been known for making quality, well-built instruments, and the YDP-144 continues that design trend. There is no upgrade from the YDP-143 in terms of features. The YDP-144 has the same polyphony numbers, the same amount of voices to choose from and the same connectivity options .

Between the two, I’d recommend the Casio PX160 for its more realistic key action. The one thing that I’m really disappointed by YDP-143 is the GHS action. I myself started learning piano with the Yamaha P45, which has the same GHS action. I outgrown the piano pretty fast and sold it. For now, you get a basic confirmation sound once you’ve changed a setting. This isn’t much in the long run though, and it really just serves as a band-aid to the problem rather than a solution. While you are getting the expected heft and realism of real keys, everything that happens pass the initial press downwards is not something I’m fond of. While the GHS key action is fine for beginner piano students, there are more realistic feeling key actions in this price range, in my opinion. leisurely than classical lessons). She like to write her own songs, and learn chords/melodys to her favourite music. She is also going to take music electives in high school. She sometimes works on the left and right hands separately, then combines them.

Both, much like the buttons, feel great to move and are clearly made to be as durable as the rest of the digital piano. Yamaha has always delivered impressive build quality, so it’s no surprise that the YDP-144 excels in that regard. For those who didn’t know, Yamaha made the classic DX7 synthesizer, which was so overused in the 80s that its ingrained in all our minds.Yamaha’s success in the music industry has certainly not been a fluke. Yamaha’s philosophy for their acoustic instruments has always been to make them sound high-quality. The detailed sampling isn’t limited to the striking of the strings. Yamaha has also sampled the subtle nuances of a real piano. This includes damper resonance, key-off resonance and string resonance. Not everything is a straight upgrade though. In terms of size, the CLP-625 is slightly smaller in depth, but it still weighs more ( 94.8 lbs. to the YDP’s 92.6 lbs.). Some of the functions discussed here are not accessible via the Smart Pianist app, but in general, those are some lesser used options which you won’t commonly need. Finally, you have the string ensemble. This sound is clearly meant to be layered along with another main tone, as it does not sound good in isolation. We’ll discuss the layering in the Features section of the guide, so stay tuned.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment