276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Half of It: A Memoir

£10£20.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I also loved the sections with prompted journal entries surrounding the experiences she discussed in the previous chapter. It was very similar to Rupi Kaur’s “Healing through Words,” but I’ve never seen it included in a memoir like that. It really added to the idea that this is not just a memoir about Madison, but a learning experience to rethink your own experiences. A memoir from singer-songwriter Madison Beer, chronicling the past decade of her life spent in the spotlight—the ups, the downs, and the in-betweens that you won’t see on social media. though it would have been fun if the book went more into dialogue and stories, even happier stories. maybe about her first love, a time she loved with her family, a time with her friends. it was focused so much on her job, that i wanted to know more, what else. maybe that’s me wanting to live vicariously through her to know what it’s like being beautiful in LA, some of the times that were fun. i will start this review saying i am a fan of madisons beers music. i have listened to her since 2017 and i’ve even saw her live a few years ago, though i wouldn’t say i’m a fan of her in the way i’m following her moves and i watch her interviews. all i’ve known about her so far is that she was found on youtube by justin bieber, she’s had social media famous boyfriends and she’s stunningly beautiful to the point people hate her for it. so i went into reading this book knowing a lot more than nothing but without a fan perspective. i appreciate her being so aware about the fact she’s saying this all from a very privileged life. she started the book that way as if to stop the tweets already firming saying this book is privileged lol

The Half of It by Madison Beer | Waterstones

The Half Of It is a true testimony of ‘it’s not what it always seems’. On the surface, Madison seemed happy but sadly it wasn’t like that behind closed doors. The things that she has had to deal with, the leaked photos and bullying she had to endure from such a young age are so heartbreaking and something she should have never had to deal with. Beer added that while it has taken her ” a lot of extremely dark times to get here,” she felt “incredibly ready to tell you these chapters of my story. i hope you love it. i can’t wait to reintroduce myself to you.” I'm incredibly grateful I read this and I'm incredibly proud of Madison for speaking up. I'm not sure if she'll ever read this, but I really hope that this entire writing process served as some kind of healing for her and I pray that she is in a much better place right now. This book encouraged me to be more gentle, kind, patient, empathetic and understanding towards not only others, but myself as well. Because, at the end of the day, the only person that will be there for me through my brightest and my darkest times is myself.

But this book truly brought me closer to her and made me feel so much empathy towards her. We're actually the same age, so I've always felt some kind of connection and "special" understanding, but her book totally helped me see her from an entirely different perspective, and a very positive one actually. Madison Beer announced on Wednesday that her first-ever memoir, The Half of It, is set to hit shelves on April 25. The singer shared the news on social media, writing that it felt “truly surreal to be announcing this book” and that she was excited to share her story. She wrote that the book will cover “the reality of being signed at twelve, to everything that followed, where i am now, and my journey of reconciling with everything that came before.” Another things I really appreciated was her discussing her presence cemented on the internet; people can talk all they want about “you chose this, and if you can’t handle it, why don’t you stop?”

Madison Beer to Release Debut Memoir ‘The Half of It

This memoir is an honest and unflinching account of self-love, mental health, and advocacy from one of the fastest-rising musical voices and most influential social media presences of her generation. It hammers home the point, more striking and urgent than ever, that no matter how close the internet may make us feel to people, we truly don’t know the half of it. in one line this books subtitle could be humanising celebrities. celebrities have feelings too and you don’t know everything they go through. fair enough.My first thought is: wow. I’m in awe of Madison’s vulnerability and honesty in this memoir. Especially after revealing that her anxiety manifests in paranoia surrounding how those perceive her. I struggled with something similar when I was younger, obviously on a much smaller scale. Her choosing to write this book and so openly discuss her life and opinions is nothing short of brave. Especially so given that she struggles with paranoia.

The Half of It – HarperCollins The Half of It – HarperCollins

The singer, 24, revealed her memoir The Half Of It would be released in the UK this August, some four months after it dropped in the USA. In the book, the Good In Goodbye songstress gives a raw account of the past decade of her life spent in the spotlight. this book is a short and easy read though by 60% i was struggling to finish the book. the topics were repetitive, the same paragraphs about internet bullies, her feeling suicidal and about how people shouldn’t be bullies. this would have worked for two or three chapters but that’s all it was. I saw myself reflected in her words, thoughts and insecurities and i felt comfortably close to her in that regard. I want to begin this review by stating that I will not review the contents of a memoir, because it is someone’s life. I don’t believe you should critique the way someone chooses to share their life with you. However, I have some thoughts about this book I would like to share.Thank you Madison for this brilliant book! You're a wonderful soul, a brave woman and a beautiful (inside out) human being! Always remember that you're loved, you're worthy, you're enough and you're strong! There's so much in this world to be grateful for, to love and to live for! I really hope that you'll find the things and the people that make you happy and that you will always try to keep them close to you! READ MORE: Madison Beer on new single ‘Dangerous’: “It’s definitely the most personal song I’ve done” Beer also revealed in the interview that the follow-up to her 2021 debut album ‘Life Support’ will be “coming soon”.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment