276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Eight Billion Genies Deluxe Edition Vol. 1

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Robbie says that he's read enough comic books to know that wishing for immortality is a very bad idea that could go wrong any number of ways. He instead uses his wish to become a superhero capable of defending himself and his parents while searching for another save haven for them. In the minutes after the genies appear, at least eight Mount Dooms appear in various places worldwide. One of the variant covers for issue #8 is drawn in the style of Calvin and Hobbes and channels the spirit of the " Tyrannosaurs in F-14s ◊" strip. It depicts a genie resembling Calvin overlooking a scene with a paratrooper Tyrannosaurus rex and several F-35 jets. Domino Mask: Robbie's eyes are covered by one of these when he becomes a superhero as part of his wish to his genie.

Brought to You by the Letter "S": Robbie's superhero costume features a "R" insignia on the Utility Belt and the clasps for his Badass Cape.Oh, Crap!: The genies consider eight years ( What else?) to be the age of reason at which point children are capable of making a wish. Naturally, every parent in the world is horrified by what that could entail. In fact, one of the core tenets of El Futuro is that children can't make a wish without their parents' permission until they're 25. And given the trouble adults get into with their wishes, this concern is very justified. A variant for issue #1 is a copy of the American box art for Super Mario Bros. 3. Another variant for issue #7 riffs on the box for Super Mario Bros. 2. Nigh-Invulnerability: Will wishes for his bar and anyone and anything inside it to be completely immune to the effects of wishes made outside it. As a result, even a fire-breathing carasaurus pounding on the roof fails to scratch it. That's the question on everyone's mind when eight billion genies, one for every person on Earth, materialize out of thin air to grant humanity's wildest dreams. Within minutes, the world is turned upside down as billions of people decide to have their fantasies become reality. I always tell people that the most creative and original storytelling is being done in comic books. It seems like the most innovative ideas are being explored in this medium. Eight Billion Genies is the latest thing I've read that reminded me of that. Starting on the fateful day when 8 billion cute tiny genies pop out of nowhere and latch themselves to each living person on Earth, granting each person one single wish, it then proceeds to tell the story of the craziness that transpires after that.

Will: Imp-ish, as it were. Maybe they’re aliens trying to wipe us out. A million people dying almost instantly certainly speaks to that possibility.Mark: Just the stark difference when we arrive in a delivery room in France. I’m wondering if we’re seeing the birth of the 8 billionth (concurrent) human on Earth. That’s why it’s such a round number, right?

Benevolent Genie: While the genies are amoral at best given how they're happy to grant blatantly destructive wishes like the carasaurus or turning a person into a vampire, they're never malicious about what they do. They're also happy to be consulted for context and advice up to the point that the wish is actually made and will fulfill a wish to the full spirit of the wish rather than the letter of the wish. But they can still act as a Literal Genie if a wish is ill-thought out and will not care about the consequences unless they're "boring" or would deny others their wish. A Dog Named "Dog": All of the genies respond to the name, "Genie". No mention is made of how they don't get each other mixed up, but they can be summoned for advice or to make a wish simply by calling their name. Crazy-Prepared: Will converted the basement of his bar into an armored bunker with a little bit of everything, from food to supplies to weapons in case he needs to hunker down. He figured that he needed to be prepared for a wildfire after watching all the friction being created all over the world even before the genies came to Earth. The premise of Eight Billion Genies #1 is fascinating. What a great idea and exciting concept to grow and expand. The book’s introduction does a great job introducing each and every character and establishing personality traits. Mr. Williams seems to be an intelligent guy who was somehow prepared for this situation. The band is filled with young adults who are still a little impulsive. Because of the setup, when the genies appear, I can focus entirely on that. I think many writing techniques suggest that we introduce our literature with action sequences and worry about introducing characters later. In this case, I’m glad that I learned all the leading players before the main plot point showed up. Great choices here by the creative team.Who Would Be Stupid Enough?: Ernest asks why anyone would wish for a volcano to erupt, much less eight of them all named "Mount Doom", complaining about how heavy that Foreshadowing is. In the same scene, Ed asks why a child would wish for Robbie's school to be turned into chocolate. Robbie's genie responds that they don't try to explain wishes, they just grant them.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment