276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Yours Truly: A charming and hilarious second-chance rom-com from the author of THE FRIEND ZONE

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

so while the plot may not be the most unique thing out there, the genuine characters sure make up for it!

The inner monologues became incredibly repetitive. I noticed this a little in Part OF Your World and I'd found myself skimming a few sentences. But this happened so frequently in Yours Truly, that I skimmed paragraphs. There were a lot of deep thoughts, which are obviously important, but it felt like the characters were beating a dead horse by talking about the same things over and over again. When Part of the World is small town romance where place plays the most important part of the story, Yours Truly is character driven story that could take place anywhere in the world, as long as they have hospitals there. This review is hard for me to write because the things I loved about the story make me want to give it a higher rating. But the things I disliked are what's making me leave it as is. I was full-on in love with this story for probably the first 50% to the point I was sure I'd be giving it 5-stars. But around the 50% and onward mark, I noticed things I didn't quite like.I loved her 3 part FRIEND ZONE series (The Friend Zone, The Happy Ever After Playlist and Life’s Too Short) and I equally love this two part series, “Part of Your World” and “Yours Truly”. I think this is the perfect example of meeting someone where they are at. And now I just want someone to write me letters 😭 Hachette Book Group is a leading book publisher based in New York and a division of Hachette Livre, the third-largest publisher in the world. Social Media I wished there was some sort of autopilot I could slip into, like I usually did at work. A muscle memory to move me through the motions. But it would have to be all me. I’d have to be awake for it. Fully aware.

Abby Jimenez books have delighted romance readers since her debut novel, The Friend Zone, and it looks like there’s no ending in sight to her amazing work. Keep the books coming Abby!Bringing Daniel into her world is impossible, and yet she can’t just give up the joy she’s found with him either. Harnessing sass, heartfelt struggle, and unapologetic sexuality, Jimenez’s debut is as hysterical as it is tear-jerking. Kristen Peterson is a woman who knows what she wants and is not afraid to Continue reading »

Yours Truly works! I adore both characters. I thought Abby Jimenez fleshed them out perfectly. The social anxiety Jacob experienced felt real to me. I also understood Briana's fears after what she went through. There were so many details I loved: The letters, the getting-to-know questions, LT Dan, and both main characters' families. Jacob was one of the good guys and Briana needed to finally find someone who deserved her. Maybe I could do this meeting tomorrow instead. But if I left, Amy and Jeremiah would assume I was hurt. That I wasn’t over it. Couldn’t handle it. Even if I explained it was the place and not the news, they’d never believe me. I’d dated Amy for years and hadn’t succeeded in making her understand my anxiety, so why would she get it now? Our hero, Dr. Jacob Maddox is also an ER physician. He recently transferred to the same hospital where Briana works. He also comes from a broken relationship. His brother is now engaged to his ex-girlfriend, Amy. Jacob was with her for two and a half years. Jacob also suffers from terrible social anxiety. He prefers the quiet of his home and his dog, Lieutenant Dan, to a night at the bar. I adore the way Jimenez develops her characters, from her two MCs, to all of the supporting ones. I can completely envision Jacob’s big, boisterous family (one I wish I could be a part of), as well as Briana’s friends and their feisty hospital colleagues. They all felt like very real people who exist entirely outside of the story.You can’t control the bad things that happen to you. All you can do is decide how much of you you’re going to let them take.”

I rubbed my temples. I felt like the angel of death. People dying is inevitable in my line of work. You can’t save them all, and it’s naïve to think you have any control over what comes through those sliding doors. But on my first day? Little does she know that he took the job at Royaume Northwestern to escape the pain of working at Memorial West with his brother, Jeremiah and his ex girlfriend, Amy, who are now engaged. It also doesn’t help that he suffers from “social anxiety” in new situations. But beyond the amazing characters and growth they demonstrated, I loved how Jimenez really made me think about what love is and what love looks like. Bianca’s faith in men was pretty much non-existent by the time she met Jacob but he SAW her, understood her, and was prepared to do anything to help her trust him and what they had. It was beautiful. Speaking about the a.holes ; new charming ER doctor Jacob Maddox who also has another worst kind of relationship experience. His self absorbed, extra energetic girlfriend starts dating with his brother after only three months passed from their breakup! Oh this is not the worst part: she also said yes to marry with him!No one warned her that he was the Secret Baby Tamer or that she’d be spending a whole lot of time with him and his geriatric Chihuahua. This book felt like a warm hug. From the moment we met Jacob, I was obsessed with him. He has anxiety and he doesn't always know how to say what he wants to say or act in the moment how he wants. When he first meets Briana, she definitely doesn't like him. But the two start spending time together and slowly develop a very sweet friendship, especially after he starts writing her letters. Then they start to fake date and I LOVED those moments where he took her to his parents' and they had to act like a couple. They started to fall for each other so hard, but they just didn't know how to open up and let themselves fall hard again since they both were burned so badly in the past. This book did rely on some miscommunication, but I actually didn't mind that. It was definitely a realistic miscommunication and they just had to take their time to find their way to each other. We're all a little broken, Briana. We are a mosaic. We're made up of all those we've met and all the things we've been through. there are parts of us that are colorful and dark and jagged and beautiful. And I love every piece of you. Even the ones you wish didn't exist." She’s also keeping a big secret: facing a medically necessary procedure that will make it impossible for her to have children. After a wild bet, gourmet grilled-cheese sandwich, and cuddle with a baby goat, Alexis Montgomery has had her world turned upside down.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment