276°
Posted 20 hours ago

TECWARE Phantom 87 Key Mechanical Keyboard, RGB led, Outemu BROWN Switch (US Layout)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

They are also known for their affordable PC cases of all kinds that will surely be the joy of those who want to start their PC building journey. If the full color spectrum is a bit too seizure inducing for you, you can also pick a single color of 87 different colors and it will still work in the different modes at varyiung light intensities to keep all the LED modes viable but less intense. You can control the backlighting of each key independently, and there are a few different lighting modes to choose from. As someone whose main weapon in Monster Hunter World is the insect glaive, I put it through it's paces and it did not disappoint. The company recognizes the fact that PC gaming would drive demand for faster, and more powerful computer peripherals and the budget limit of every consumer.

I've had problems with that in past keyboards, and I'm very glad that I didn't have to spend fifteen minutes finding why things weren't working as they should. The Tecware Phantom comes with its own software, which allows you to do things like program macros and custom keybinds. As mentioned above, I've been sent the tenkeyless version of the Phantom RGB, so it's naturally a lot smaller than your typical mechanical keyboard due to the lack of number pad. Which, lets be fair here, one of the big reasons you get an extravagent keyboard is to make it look like you're typing on a spaceship console in the distant year of 2050 so you aren't going to be turning that RGB off. Do not forget that the keyboard is hot-swappable meaning you can easily replace or change its mechanical switches easily.The B68 is the brand’s attempt to enter the 65% keyboard competition and is quite spectacular at that. It’s not going to blow you away with its features, but it IS well-built and includes enough extras like full RGB backlighting, hot-swappability with other Outemu switches, and programmable keys through the Tecware software.

I would have much preferred if Tecware allowed for Cherry MX or Gateron switches to be swapped in and out, as those are far more common (and easier to find) than Outemu switches. Many keyboard reviewers think that this brand deserves to be given the same amount of attention as other companies. I have here the 104-key version, and the numpad aside, this review should help provide a better picture for both keyboards as a whole. The Phantom Elite is nearly identical to its forerunner, the Phantom, including per-key RGB lighting customization, double-shot ABS keycaps, and a long-lasting metal baseplate.At this time, they are only offered in a US ANSI layout, but Tecware is open to feedback from readers on other layouts pending interest. Gamer Network Limited, Gateway House, 28 The Quadrant, Richmond, Surrey, TW9 1DN, United Kingdom, registered under company number 03882481. Users have the option of choosing between crisp and loud tactile switches, silent and smooth linear switches , or a switch that is equally balanced. However, because Outemu switches have different pins to Cherry MX-style switches , you can only use Outemu switches on the keyboard. I wouldn't say I've been bashing those keys particularly hard when playing games, but after a couple of months use I started to notice the D key becoming noticeably bumpier than the rest of them, as if the key cap had come a bit loose.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment