276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Molecule of More: How a Single Chemical in Your Brain Drives Love, Sex, and Creativity―and Will Determine the Fate of the Human Race

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Meet a molecule whose fingerprint rests upon every aspect of human nature-from desire and drugs to politics and progress. What I hate about this type of books is that it tricks you into believing that it taught you something new and you understood a complicated concept. He was trying to correlate psychosis and brilliance, which is a fair and fun thought but he failed to mention Newton’s mercury exposure which precipitated Newton’s insanity. This explains why people with a certain version of DRD4, the gene that codes for dopamine receptors, tend to be more risk-taking, adventurous, and keen to learn new things. Tengo un amigo que cuando escuchó por primera vez el podcast del neurocientífico de Stanford, Andrew Huberman, me dijo: “El tío mola mucho y es una pasada escucharle… una pena que se lo invente todo”.

Lieberman and Long lay out the astoundingly wide-ranging effects of dopamine with nimble metaphors and fat-free sentences. This is a book I certainly recommend, though it could have been crisper in the early and middle portions. Long present a potentially life-changing proposal: Much of human life has an unconsidered component that explains an array of behaviors previously thought to be unrelated, including why winners cheat, why geniuses often suffer with mental illness, why nearly all diets fail, and why the brains of liberals and conservatives really are different. We have achieved wondrous accomplishments thanks to our internal desires for a better and more comfortable life. In The Molecule of More: How a Single Chemical in Your Brain Drives Love, Sex, and Creativity—and will Determine the Fate of the Human Race, George Washington University professor and psychiatrist Daniel Z.Once you understand the power and peril of dopamine, you'll better understand the human condition itself.

The book aims to explain the broad, profound influence of the dopamine “pleasure molecule” in everyday life, at cultural branching points in human history, and as a driving force in human evolution. Haunting questions of human biology are answered by The Molecule of More, a must-read about the human condition. It took a long time to read it because it's the type of content I would like to keep in and be aware of the processes within me when I react to things (not easy for my emotion-driven self).

Just think of the rush you get when you check your bank account and realize that you have more money than you thought. Ca fiinţe umane, ajungem la un aflux de dopamină în urma unor surprize similare, promițătoare: sosirea unui bileţel de la persoana iubită (Ce scrie în el? Hiervoor voegen we info uit je bestellingen samen met je favorieten, algemene klantinfo en gegevens van anderen als je ze hier toestemming voor hebt gegeven. At some point, there is one pinnacle or another of human thought and achievement that will ultimately destroy us.

I give it 4 stars because this book tries to simplify very complex things just to dopamine (like politics, human migrations, and others). Glamour creates desires that cannot be fulfilled because they are desires for things that exist only in the imagination. Is it because people in general are less interested in reading serious books with a scientific atmosphere?

That makes the world easier to comprehend and, later, to imagine a variety of ways it might be manipulated for maximum benefit. P. Snow's complaint that Science and the humanities are two fundamentally different cultures which will never meet. This book has to be the authority on dopamine and how it influences human behavior for the mainstream public. Thousands of years later, it is the source of our most basic behaviors and cultural ideas--and progress itself. Picasso and Einstein, both geniuses in their respective fields, are known to have philandered about with a variety of women (despite both being married several times throughout their lives).

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment