276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Dinosaur's Diary

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The clever touches of heraldry, names, guides, and detail add to a highly realised world of chivalry, loyalty and fairness. An exciting adventure in time travel where the reader goes back to prehistory and experiences the different life forms there. It fitted into teaching on chronology; getting the children to think about the past which is a key historical skill in KS1. I really enjoy getting the children in the audience to help me act out the stories and sing the songs. For instance, following The Lost lending Library, we wanted to sustain the children’s enthusiasm and engagement in writing.

Goodreads Loading interface - Goodreads

The dinosaurs and the swallows come up with a plan to save Horace in which, they manage to all escape but inadvertently drive the farmers tractor into the pool where Hypsilophoden first arrived from.My novel THE GIANTS AND THE JONESES is going to be made into a film by the same team who made the Harry Potter movies, and I have written three books of stories about the anarchic PRINCESS MIRROR-BELLE who appears from the mirror and disrupts the life of an otherwise ordinary eight-year-old. It could be read to a whole class as it’s easy to follow and there are some nice illustrations you could show the class as well. One dinosaur's quest to lay her eggs in a safe place, leads to a whole new world of adventure (time frames too), funny character names 'quackasaurus' 'tractorsaurus'. They met the guardian of The Lost Lending Library, who told them about its travels and how it jumps from place to place driven by the imagination of young people. Aimed at KS2 aged readers, this book cleverly links past to present and encourages discussion on climate change and the impact of humans upon the planet.

Dinosaurs Diary by Julia Donaldson | Goodreads

Some families even reported that children were writing more stories for The Lost Lending Library at home. Whilst growing up one of the dinosaurs (Horace) is taken by the farmer who wants to take him to the vet. A comprehensive guide to all prehistoric living things – both animals and plants – and the world they inhabited.

With multiple pop-ups and lift-up flaps, this well-written and informative text explains recent academic thinking in a child-friendly way.

The Dinosaur’s Diary - Julia Donaldson

The image on the front cover highlights that the dinosaur has problems and makes it interesting seeing a tractor in the background. La historia bien narrada y entretenida; solo me molestó un poco que la autora fuera tan cuidadosa en aclarar que la protagonista no conocía los objetos "hechos por humanos", pero de repente se le pasan algunos y, espontáneamente, no hay necesidad de aclarar qué es qué (por ejemplo, en el tractor). Told in easy to read rhyme with bright illustrations, the reader follows many different dinosaurs visiting the doctor, with hilarious outcomes. Immersive learning connects well with the creativity that so many primary teachers bring to their job, but it does require planning; dinosaurs don’t just appear in playgrounds!Using life-size examples including eggs, feet and even a T Rex mouth, children can discover and appreciate the sheer scale and size of dinosaurs.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment