276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Momofuku

£13£26.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I wouldn't cook out of this book (most of the recipes are far too complicated for me) but I loved reading David Chang's story of how he got to where he is today.

I, as a normal human not living in NY city, am not usually too aware of "hot" or "hip" restaurants "happening" in the The City. You’ll need "Ramen Broth (page 40)", "Taré (page 42)", "noodles (see page 48, but know that we spend pages 46-47 talking about how we developed our noodle recipe)", etc.

Now that my professional focus has shifted to vegetable cookery, I find little reason to prepare pork using this method. A pretty common page in the book: ingredients are set in the margin, italics for the intro, then the steps, and then a bolded section for alternative approaches, along with a picture of the product. It's done in a tone that makes you a co-conspirator in his great food bamboozle and it's genuinely entertaining. Why Hello There, and welcome back to Catastrophic Reviews, the series where Kitchen Catastrophe sits in judgment over some product of food culture, and like an impotent Roman Emperor, derives all its kicks from voicing its opinion.

You will get to know his path from novice to superstar chef as he toiled to open up his restaurants.

We’ve talked before about how we review Cookbooks, so let’s not waste time repeating it(a thing I do later in this post, because I have little-to-no internal consistency) , and instead give a solid summary of the book before we tear it apart and analyze it. This is exactly the type of cuisine I want to try my hand at: strongly Asian-influenced but infused and delivered with that American attitude.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment