276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Infographic Bible: Visualising the Drama of God's Word

£12.5£25.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The line between dream and vision can get a little blurry (see Daniel 7:1–2), but one distinction is that dreams only occur when the dreamer is asleep, while visions can happen while the beholder is awake. This November a new visual Bible hits the shops – The Infographic Bible. This book is designed by Karen Sawrey from Carlisle Vineyard. We caught up with her to find out all about her new book. In August 2018, we surveyed over 11,000 readers, asking questions about how much time they spend doing some of the things mentioned above. We then compared those responses with the average amount of time it takes to read various portions of Scripture. It is key to say that each contributor’s view is uniquely linked to their data set and will often differ from other contributor’s, or in fact, my own, view. This was important because I feel different theologies are not something to be feared, but to be embraced and grappled with. A healthy maturity comes from this wrestling. It is certainly true of my own journey. Throughout the book follows the unifying theme of God's love, mankind's rebellion, and God's work to reconcile and redeem mankind.

The Infographic Bible by Karen Sawrey, Nicky Gumbel - Waterstones

The night before Gideon storms the Midianite camp, Gideon overhears two Midianites discussing a dream one of them had: a loaf of barley rolls into camp and overturns a tent. Somehow, the other guy can tell what the dream means: “This can be nothing other than the sword of Gideon son of Joash, the Israelite. God has given the Midianites and the whole camp into his hands.”Several times during this project I have been given the Bible verse Exodus 31:1-11. There was this incredible guy Bezalel who God chose to lead a team of creatives, he was filled with Gods Spirit, wisdom, understanding, knowledge and all kinds of skills to make artistic designs which would form the place where God met with his people and worship happened. That looked like volunteers doing my cleaning, shopping and sometimes cooking for me while my bottom was firmly fixed to my studio seat! But most importantly the project was supported with prayer. (see p218)

THE INFOGRAPHIC BIBLE All Prophecies about Jesus — THE INFOGRAPHIC BIBLE

Karen Sawrey: It’s such a tough choice. Please can I have two? John 10:10, where Jesus declares he’s come that we may have life and life to the full, and Luke 1:37 (NKJV), that says with God nothing is impossible. Do you have a spare 5 minutes in your day? Take up and read the book of Jude or maybe even Obadiah. Do you have 15 minutes? Read Ruth or Philippians. Do you have an hour? Immerse yourself in Nehemiah or Romans. Scripture excerpts from the New Revised Standard Version, the New King James Version, and the Good News Translation Joesph’s warning. Likewise, God warns Joseph to take Mary and Jesus to Egypt before Herod hunts down the children of Bethlehem.

Karen Sawrey: Many themes could be used when describing the ‘big picture’ of the Bible. I chose to use the theme of God’s love and his commitment to a relationship with us for several reasons, not least because it mirrors my own journey and experience of God. Psalm 103:2-5 pretty much sums it up: “Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits—who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.” His heart for a relationship with us continues to astound me daily; it just oozes love, grace, and mercy! There are some deeper levels of information that the reader can explore should they wish to, but not doing so won’t detract from the main messages of the infographic. It takes about 10 hours total to read all four Gospels and the book of Acts. If you spend 20 minutes per day, you could read all 5 books in just 1 month. It takes about 15 hours to read all of the Prophets, from Isaiah to Malachi. Spend just 30 minutes a day reading the Prophets, and a month from now you will have finished all 17 prophetic books. What other patterns can you find?

author — Karen Sawrey

This aggravates Joseph’s brothers. Not only is Joseph the favorite son, now he thinks that he’s going to rule over the rest of them? If you like the Bible and you’re a numbers geek, you’ll want to read and share this infographic. I used Logos Bible Software to get these numbers—if you’re a Bible geek like me, you’d probably benefit from using Logos, too. Same king, same problem: a troubling dream that only Daniel can interpret. This time a huge, magnificent tree is cut down to earth, and the stump and roots are left to go mad. In addition to the 57 people involved in helping create the book, I needed a team to support me personally. For me to play all those roles in the project was much harder and more time consuming than I ever imagined, certainly, for the last 2.5 of those years it looked like 6 day weeks and working in my studio between 60-75 hours. Long before the nation of Israel settled between the Mediterranean and the Jordan River, their ancestor Abraham sojourned throughout the territory with his wife Sarah. Abraham was a rich guy (and therefore a pretty big deal), so it’s not like he and Sarah just stopped at a Holiday Inn late at night before leaving at first light the next day. When Abraham moved to a new city, the leadership of that city took note.If you are looking for an exciting way to learn more about the Bible or to teach the Bible to others, then The Infographic Bible – Visualising The Drama Of God’s Word by Karen Sawrey is an essential book to add to your biblical reference library! The cupbearer dreams of a grape vine with three branches, which he harvests and presses into Pharaoh’s cup. The three branches represent three days between the dream and the cupbearer’s restoration to Pharaoh’s court. 8. The baker’s baskets It was a difficult process proving hard to get off the ground, the result of which was HarperCollins asking me to consider taking on the project as a single author. As the revelation of the task before me increased so did the team, it grew from 3 to 7 and at the final count in 2018, 57 people had been involved in making this book possible (see pp 216-217). The baker has a dream, too. In the dream, he carries three bread baskets on his head—but the birds eat the bread from them. As we create with God we worship him and as we worship God creativity is released! AMAZING! It’s a wonderful and powerful cycle and relationship (see pp112-113).

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment