276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Tao Te Ching

£7.895£15.79Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

From the book description: Drawing on meticulous study of multiple sources, this fresh but authoritative reading of Lao Tsu's timeless classic combines the poetry of the Tao Te Ching with a wealth of additional material: an introduction to the enigmatic Lao Tsu and his times; a discussion of the many challenges facing the translator; 81 illustrative Chinese characters/phrases, selected to highlight key themes in each chapter; separate commentary and inspirational quotes, as well as room for you to record your own impressions, section by section. So if you're new to Taoism and are looking for a translation that accurately communicates Taoist beliefs and sensibilities, I suggest that you go somewhere else.

Tao Te Ching : A New English Version - Google Books Tao Te Ching : A New English Version - Google Books

Instead of being caught up in princely pursuits like governing, hunting, or dallying with his concubines, there he was in the kitchen, taking exquisite notice of the lowly, which turned out to contain the supreme. This specific edition contains a magnificent and substantial introduction in which Lau (not to be confused with Lao) gives his own thoughtful and scholarly opinions on what some of the key concepts that can be taken from the text are. What is rooted is easy to nourish What is recent is easy to correct' Lao Tzu's Tao Te Ching (The Book of the Way) is the classic manual on the art of living.

Although from the standpoint of the monkeys it’s about the power of righteous indignation, from the standpoint of the monkey trainer, behind the scenes, it’s about skillful management. It embodies the virtues its translator credits to the Chinese original: a gemlike lucidity that is radiant with humor, grace, largeheartedness, and deep wisdom.

Stephen Mitchell’s Version of the Tao Te Ching: A Spiritual Stephen Mitchell’s Version of the Tao Te Ching: A Spiritual

There is no greater illusion than fear, no greater wrong than preparing to defend yourself, no greater misfortune than having an enemy. We can’t stand outside the system and point to what’s real, because what’s real is defined by the system.I’ve been banging on about this one for years to my fiancé and she just tells me I’m a lazy fu… sod! In all seriousness though, Lao Tzu usually uses this phrase in relation to governance, as in, a leader should lead with minimal meddling in the affairs of the people. Lao-tzu’s central figure is a man or woman whose life is in perfect harmony with the way things are. They woke up, they ate, they worked, they made love, they raised their families, all the while unseduced by any thoughts that arose.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment