276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Frogged

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

She also felt like such a 12-almost-13-year-old. Her thinking process was so similar to mine at that age. She truly made the book!

Historic Buildings Dating Historic Buildings

Now the only way for the princess to un-frog herself is to convince someone else to kiss her. But before she can figure out a plan, Imogene gets kidnapped and becomes the unwilling star attraction in a third-rate traveling theater company. Can she find a way to undo the witch’s spell – or will she be frogged forever? While I love the setting of Memphis with the author's beautiful description, I often wondered where this story was headed. It seemed for the bulk of the story to wander about without a true heading, like a boat adrift in the current. The overemphasis on God hate was also one of the themes that seemed overdone. It is also I think partly a celebration of Memphis – although for me the City came across as a nightmare. Eh. It was okay. It sounded really fun; I love a good modernized/modified fairy tale. This one was supposed to be a take on The Frog Prince clearly. As my roommate Kelly pointed out when I read her the description, it sounded like a cross between Disney’s The Princess and the Frog and Don Bluth’s Thumbelina. (Which is one of my all time favorite movies, no shame.) The execution was just a little boring. There wasn’t much that was new here; I’m not sure why the author felt the need to tell this story. I never really felt any sense of suspense or urgency to the story, and pretty much all the characters were flat and one-dimensional. Imogene, the princess, was kind of fun and her voice was at times sarcastic and witty, but I didn’t feel any sort of real connection to her. The love interest at the end came out of nowhere and felt incredibly unneeded. The story didn’t call for any kind of romantic plot at all, especially not one so half-assed. Also Ned’s strange redemption/exposition that came in the final few chapters felt ridiculous and out of character. Overall, I was just not impressed with this book. The things women do for the sake of their daughters. The things women don't. The shame of it all. The shame of her daughter's rape, the shame of her husband's violence, her nephew's psychopathy.The narrative is non-linear, moving randomly between multiple characters and eras. It was an odd choice as it serves to only confuse the reader. The “voices” of the characters are so similar that I found it difficult to remember who was narrating and which era I was in.

FROGGED - Definition and synonyms of frogged in the English FROGGED - Definition and synonyms of frogged in the English

A couple of quotes from August who will go down as one of my all-time favorite fictional friends . . . . . Identify at least 2 characteristics of this genre and subgenre and discuss how they appear in your book I vacillated between 3 and 4 stars for several days since finishing the book. The writing is worthy of 5 stars, but there were aspects of the story which I loved and certain themes that I did not, including the ending. However, it did inspire a terrific discussion with my reading buddy, Marialyce. Come on, then. Follow me. Can’t have no half kin of mine walking ’round looking like Kunta Kente. Let’s at least get you looking like the Ike Turner you is.” Her YA stuff has more character depth and deeper plots, whereas her more MG stuff sits a little closer to the surface and the characters aren't nearly as developed.So says The Art of Being a Princess , which Princess Imogene is supposed to be reading. But since she is neither particularly good nor all that beautiful, she skips her homework to visit the pond. There she meets a talking frog who claims to be a prince under a witch’s spell. Imogene kindly kisses him to remove the spell – and gets turned into a frog instead!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment