276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Ex-Wife: A nail biting gripping psychological thriller

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I’d describe [twists] as the deliberate misleading of the reader, encouraging them to make false assumptions and draw wrong conclusions about the narrator/s, the plot, the identity of the characters, their motivations and ambition, or how they are connected to each other. As the book progresses, the reader creates a fictional world in their own imagination and then, at a time of their choosing, the writer brings it crashing down.” Just like with the storyline the characters come to life with Sally and Amanda's fantastic writing skills. They are well rounded, realistic and strong making them all the more believable. Alice's life falls apart as she is arrested for the murder of her ex husband Mark's new fiancee along and her ex husband and daughter shun her. Being a parent myself my heart absolutely broke for Alice as she not only had to deal with the heartbreak of losing her husband but also deal with the attitude and problems that come with raising a teenager that has her own problems along with a family seperation added. I really liked AAlice but I could have shouted at her on a few occasions for some of the things that she did. However, it feels like she cant do right for doing wrong when it comes to her daughter Cassie and while she dislikes her new boyfriend Scott, neither do Mark, Norah or Felix, Cassie does what the majority of teenagers do and the more her parents didn't want her to do something the more she pushed against them. Regardless of how annoyed at Cassie |I was at times my heart also went out to her as she was going through problems with Scott along with the breakdown of her family. Where most teenagers would go completely off the rails I do believe that Cassie's behaviour was pretty mild compared to most others would have been. I actually liked Norah too and although she did get engaged to Mark not long after he separated from his wife, she was not the one who had been in a relationship so she didn't really do anything wrong and she was actually a likeable character. I wasn't a huge fan of Mark but I will say that he didn't slate Alice in regards to her parenting skills and they did try to do their best and work together with Alice for Cassie. The only one I actually didn't like was Scott who I didn't trust from the start and didn't like the way he was with Cassie. I won't go into more details as I don't want to risk giving anything away but Amanda and Sally really have done an amazing job constructing an addictive and explosive psychological thriller with fantastic and varied characters that you just won't be able to put down!! Alice is envious of Norah, who is now married to her ex husband, Mark. And Norah now lives in the nice big house with no financial worries while Alice struggles to make it by being an author, though she hasn't written anything in a while. They share custody of their teen daughter, Cassie. Make sure you read to the very end of the book to read the first chapter of Sally and Amanda's 'Remember Me?' which looks just as addictive as this one and one Im looking forward to reading myself!

The story is told from two points of view... Natasha then and Anna now... Anna is on the run, but from who? And why? And who is Anna? Oh what a well plotted story this is! As those layers start peeling away you start finding out secret after lie after secret after lie.... leaving you to believe absolutely nobody.... and the very end, creepy!The first episode of the new series released on Sunday, October 15 and further episodes are set to follow. What did you think of the opening episode of The Ex-Wife? Let us know in the comments.

The Ex-Wife doubles Budapest for London in Paramount+ drama". www.theknowledgeonline.com. The Knowledge . Retrieved 14 November 2022. The ex-wife’ starts with a prologue where we meet Anna lying in a hospital bed, obviously distraught and not aware of what happened to her. Newly married Natasha has the perfect house, a loving husband and a beautiful little girl called Emily. She’d have it all if it wasn’t for Jen, her husband’s ex-wife who just won’t leave them alone …The book is told from the POV of Natasha then and Anna now. We aren’t initially told who Anna is or why she’s in hiding. Natasha irritated me as she was just so dependent on her husband. Although to be honest, way too many women make some of the same mistakes she did. Ladies, the main takeaway from this book is the importance of being financially independent!

READ MORE: The Pact star Rakie Ayola says she was never going to be ‘a martyr to acting’ as she wins Bafta Cymru’s most prestigious award It’s not a problem for him, so it can’t be a problem for her is his attitude. He and Jen were together for a long time and he feels that he can’t suddenly abandon her. That’s when you first see his temper and that he’s capable of digging his heels into the ground." Alice once had it all—a perfect family complete with a rich husband, a beautiful house, and a daughter she adored. Then came Norah…It is set over multiple time lines. When books show what has happened in the past and what is happening in the present I find it really helps the reader (if it is well done) understand why things are happening and what has lead to the present activities and decisions. It also shows the bigger picture I would say I hated the husband (obviously he was a cheater and a major plotter), disliked the present wife (she came across as a dumb bimbo), and liked the ex-wife (she was pleasantly gray). Wow wow wow this book was simply brilliant! Jess Ryder Took me on one crazy ride.... this is my first book from this author, but it is definitely not my last! Admittedly up until about 35% I was a little unsure as to what was going on and then... BAM! huge swerve and then the twists kept coming!

For me, that was a pleasure to read and kept my attention throughout the entire book, because each secondary character was so heavily involved in one way or another. Tom, your character seems so perfect at first but then, as you say, we start to see little flashes of anger… Weston, Christopher (15 October 2022). "HOW MANY EPISODES OF THE EX-WIFE ARE THERE?". www.hitc.com. HITC . Retrieved 14 November 2022.What I liked about this book is that I was never really sure what was going on or how things were going to play out. I was addicted for the first 50%, but then things fizzled out a bit. I figured out the first major twist but was surprised by some others. There were certain revelations that were a bit of a letdown. I also was quite intrigued by Sam’s character and wanted to know more about him. On the positive side, the story is suspenseful, well-constructed, and easy to follow - and I was very curious to find out what happened and why. She reluctantly decides to get help from her husband’s ex-wife, the one he cheated on with her. As the story unravels, Natasha comes to learn her husband’s true motives, and what this will mean for their daughter. If you’ve yet to read the book and are eager to find out what happens, here’s what you need to know about The Ex-Wife book ending. I loved the way Jess used the present story of “Anna” on the run to counterbalance where we were at in the main story. We know SOMETHING happened that led to a life on the run, but getting there is the fun part.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment