276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Star Wars Perfect Grade Millennium Falcon 1/72 Scale Plastic Model Kit

£301.995£603.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Ironically, ANH is the odd man out without the extra hull boxes. Actually, even though the ANH set Falcon didn’t have the extra hull boxes, it DID have one of the “landing legs” in the guise of the pipe-looking utility in the exact location of where the landing leg would protrude (from beneath the hull box) in the next film. Since it was a half Falcon, only the right side support “leg” was there. But it was necessary to include it even in ANH for stability/safety reasons. After it was decided to make a full set Falcon for ESB, rather than having to disguise TWO safety supports as two such “utility pipes” appearing no mater where the Falcon landed, someone finally figured out to “celebrate” these additional supports as actual landing legs. The new hull boxes were added for consistency. I’m really looking forward to the project because I’m going to build a ship that doesn’t plow through water but through space. There are dedicated groups on FB for the PG falcon and the Archive X paints, some helpful people and links there also. https://bandai-hobby.net/sw/jp/special/millenniumfalcon_building_guide.html?fbclid=IwAR3FzdTXI4UEUYcfD3IxbkDKoANu3Jf6DzSzXzBheXAZ6tspg6pbncpS-nA It is widely thought that light from the Millennium Falcon?s sublight engines is blue. However, the light shown when Star Wars: A New Hope was released was white. For the PG 1/72 Scale Millennium Falcon, white lights were chosen as a sign of respect toward the first movie.

Perfect Grade Millennium Falcon 1/72 Scale Plastic Star Wars Perfect Grade Millennium Falcon 1/72 Scale Plastic

With regards to aftermarket parts, I believe there are some about but I'll be building mine out of the box. I've also seem some more detailed characters in different poses available if you weren't happy with the ones that come with it. The art of these surfaces, which consist of many individual panels, is to emphasize them differently. This creates a sense of depth.Apply the decals first after removing the surface details. Otherwise I would have had problems with Microsol myself. Since I’m not only a friend of warships but also a Star Wars fan from the very beginning. And when Bandai released this amazing Millennium Falcon model, I was blown away. However, if paint were to flake off the red replacement part, the original color of the falcon should not appear underneath, but rather the primer of the spaceship from which this plate originally came.

Bandai Millenium Falcon Perfect Grade 1/72 - Advice Bandai Millenium Falcon Perfect Grade 1/72 - Advice

The next reason is that the chippings taken from the film and adopted by Bandai in the decals are way too coarse for this scale in my opinion. That fits more in 1:35.Do people use the waterslide decals or do they paint instead? Why? Really is optional, depends on your painting skill for the panels

Millennium Falcon by Bandai in 1:72 - Work In CEC YT-1300 Millennium Falcon by Bandai in 1:72 - Work In

Bandai really went all out here. There has never been such an accurate and detailed model of the falcon. Everything I've seen suggests that no-one paints this with brushes, it's all sprayed. Is this right? Use both, You can't replicate all the weathering with an airbrush. I shouldn't be replying as I've not built mine yet but I have built the 1/144 scale version. Most of the Millennium Falcon is the same colour so it is easier to paint mostly built....or at least in large sections.Everything I've seen suggests that no-one paints this with brushes, it's all sprayed. Is this right? It IS the Millennium Falcon, all the work that went into it....all the details, super fine details,....but the model was BIG & heavy and hard to get those agile & active shots. In the original kit, only very few LEDs are provided for the drive, which has already been criticized by some model builders. This was the first time that a part didn’t sit perfectly. A huge gap had to be bridged with Mr. surfacer. To all Star Wars fans who have been committed to that wish, here is what Bandai has to offer. Here is the ultimate Millennium Falcon. Reproducing the Finest Details

Bandai Hobby 1/144 Millennium Falcon Star Wars: The Last Jedi Bandai Hobby 1/144 Millennium Falcon Star Wars: The Last Jedi

So I reinterpret my falcons and this is the first result. Although I still don’t know if I’m really satisfied.First I printed some simple structures, which were then refined using greebles and styrene using a kitbashing process The unique curved engine consists of light guiding parts that recreate the way the engine would light up in the movie.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment