276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Canton DM55 2.1 Virtual Surround System - Silver Glass

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

As I have had TWO units which have failed in exactly the same way, the first after less than three months, the second after less than 5 months, I have given this unit 1 star as it is impossible to give it less. It also adds Bluetooth® with aptX so you can connect your smartphones and tablets to the soundbase with ease and aptX means the sound quality isn't reduced as it's sent over. My DM75 did this last year too - it made a single popping noise whilst in used, then emitted a loud screech.

Thanks to the Bluetooth® interface and easy-pairing function, the DM system also masters the world of smart phones and tablet PCs. The 100 mm woofer ensures deep and rich bass, while the 19 mm tweeter provides clear and detailed high-frequency sounds. There are no HDMI connections, but if you already use your TV as a hub with DVD/BD, Games console, Set top box etc already HDMI connected to your TV, this means that all you need to do is plug in the Digital optical cable from the sound base to your TV, change your TV speaker from TV speaker to audio out/external speaker and that’s it – it literally takes just a couple of minutes out of the box to set up and play! Stereo keeps everything solid and tightly focused, while Surround opens up the soundfield without, crucially, affecting midrange fidelity too much.The sound is superb and it acts as a complete system for TV, discs, and streaming music off my tablet.

There are metal feet underneath that not only add to the DM55’s air of class, but also add enough of a gap to allow the two downward-firing woofers underneath the base to work properly. If you have to use the supplied remote, its chunky build and logical button layout make operation a pleasure.There is also a control adjustment for any lip-sync issues encountered, but I have had none using my Samsung smart TV from a variety of sources.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment