276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Dyson Zorb

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Plus this stuff freshens rugs in a way that—wait. let me say, first, that, granted, yeah, you might detect the smell of the powder after vacuuming [not unpleasant at all]—*but also*, even after that scent has dissipated, the rugs are still fresher smelling. (That's just a general perception: I haven't, e.g., lain on the floor to smell the rugs carefully or anything like that.)

I rented one of those Rug Doctors from a local hardware store and cleaned it. Lots of nasty dark dirty water came out of it. In my defense, I really do love using his Dyson air blade hand dryers, in public bathrooms. Those things are awesome. Now that I no longer can easily find this, I realize how much I like it. The character of the scent is really difficult to describe, but it is not at all overpowering; my entire family thinks it smells super; it does freshen the rugs (olfactorily), and it doesn't remind of somebody's perfume or some (just-a-lot-of-artificial-fragrance) air-"freshener." The following perception may be, to some degree, a subconscious thing related partially to the orange color of the product, but I sort of think it's a bit fruity smelling, though not in any annoying way. Really, I love the scent—I mean, it almost leads me to WANTING to vacuum the rugs. That effusive bit said, I've never been impressed with the (as advertised) ability of Zorb to "lift stains" or whatnot. Even regarding mere "spots" or what-have-you (say, the bit of potting soil you spilled while moving a plant & forgot about so it's been walked over a lot, or the faint "washable-marker" spot that appeared after you neglected to recap, & then dropped, the marker): I perceive no difference between vacuuming with this and vacuuming without it. I really WANTED to, & at first I really thought there'd be a visual benefit to this stuff, but even the power of my rug-related hopes and so on, didn't sway me on this one.So for the overall carpet, this didn't do anything noticeable using their Zorb tool. But on the actual spots themselves just using my fingers, it was almost magical. A couple of months later and it's looking a bit dingy again, but I expect we can resurrect it again and won't have to replace the rug for a few more months. Meanwhile the doggies are behaving and we have had no accidents in the last couple of weeks.

Rub it into the rug/carpet (I used plastic wrap as a makeshift glove, and so I could see what was happening) From dirty dogs to wine spillages, sometimes your carpets may have the look of abstract art – but it doesn’t have to be that way forever. With the help of the best carpet shampoo and a little elbow grease, you may be able to get your shagpile looking clean and pristine once more. My Rug Doctor is much better than either of these two products - with that said these two products do have a place for occasional use when I don't have the time to get out my Rug Doctor and the time to allow for the carpet to dry thoroughly. Spray cleaners are targeted treatments for spot stains, such as wine or tea spillages. Spray the product directly onto the stain, work it in, then wait for it to dry before vacuuming it up.Then a few days later, it smelled a bit worse. I’m guessing the cleaner itself is kind of gross n dirty inside because two hundred and forty seven other people before me have cleaned their carpets with the same machine, which itself doesn’t get cleaned, just sorta rinsed out, if that. Will your rug look different? Maybe if your rug was very dirty. Did it do anything for my rug? Not sure, but the rug felt cleaner because I vacuumed several times trying to remove all remnants of the powder. Does it work? In theory, it should work; the sponges absorb dirt, you vacuum the sponges/dirt, and voila, a fresh feeling rug. It feels like it works. I didn't apply too much powder this first time, so maybe next time I'll apply more. I got this to try to do some cleaning on a carpet that was new when we built and moved into the house in 2005. My son at the time was 2 years old, and over the last 7 years he's done some damage to the off white carpet we have in the great room, in the hallways, and in his bedroom.

Again, though, the odor lifting (and, in my opinion, just the subtle, oddly nice smell) warrant buying this. Like another reviewer of this product indicates, regular systematic cleaning of your carpets is key to making them last much longer. We also rate it more highly than many others for pet stains, leaving carpets feeling super-soft after treatment. Vax Ultra+ works faster than most cleaners, even on large surface areas, although for really stubborn stains you might want to pre-treat the area by rubbing in a little extra shampoo.

Facebook

Then I tried the Zorb. It is weird stuff. As other people have said it is a bit like fine saw dust. Fine orange-yellow saw dust, with a pleasing citrus scent. Powder cleaners work fast on spot stains or more day-to-day dirt, with no need to dry out the carpet afterwards. Simply sprinkle on the powder, leave it for the specified time, then vacuum it up. Both Zorb and Capture dry relatively fast (about 30+ minutes, depending on the humidity in the room; using a fan helps drying). The Zorb granules while tiny are several times larger than the Capture granules; and the Zorb granules feel more like tiny sponges than do the Capture granules. The Zorb seems to work better into the carpet fibers than the Capture. Also, Zorb and Capture both have sprays that can be used on spots, stains and dirt to aid in cleaning. Anyhow, that perception and the (unique, actually—a bit wet-seemimg, but not truly, really wet) "feel" of the powder are (for whatever reasons) evidence for me that this stuff really *does* absorb not-great smells (e.g., that resulting from a big dog rolling around on the rugs a lot, since you last did "floor care" too long ago). So, this stuff isn't just masking a doggy smell with a "QUITE-overly-perfumed-person-in-the-same-elevator-as-you smell (or its nicer smell).

Here, we’ve rounded up the best carpet shampoo to have at hand for everyday dirt, as well as the most stubborn of stains, for when your carpet needs a bit of a refresh. If you’re looking for more general cleanining products for furniture and soft furnishings, though, then head on over to our guide to the best upholstery cleaners. Others have commented on a scent, but nothing stood out in my mind when I was doing it, but my powder was two years old unopened. We got the zorb as a last resort. I took the rug out to an empty room and followed the instruction on the 8x5 foot rug. Rubbed the zorb in with a stiff bristle brush since I had no tool. Left it for a good 3-4 hours and then got our old dyson vaccum out and swept the rug 2-3 times. The improvement was astonishing. I vacuumed a couple more times because of our pets. And a surprising amount of gross grey brown matter still came out. Eventually I got to the stage where almost no powdery sponge residue appeared in the canister.We have a wool rug in the study that has been there for a couple of years till we got puppies last autumn. It got soiled a few to many times and we were all but ready to throw it away. I love my Dyson portable vacuum so I figured I'd buy some official Dyson cleaning products. This is a wet powder/sand of sorts, which are actually tiny little sponges. The sponges are supposed to attract dirt and once it dries, you vacuum it all up.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment