276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Meet the Twitches (Teacup House #1)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Emily Barnes is an interior designer and had no idea that the twins are witches because she is a mortal. In the DCOM: She finds out Camryn is a witch after Cam and Alex meet. She is very fun and easygoing, and is very supportive of Camryn. Notes: It is revealed that Alex's real name is Artemis and Camryn's real name is Apolla. It is likely that they were named after the Greek Olympian Twins Apollo and Artemis, but on the contrary Apollo is a boy. Another allusion to the Olympian Twins is that Artemis is the goddess of the Moon while Alex (Artemis) wears a moon amulet and Apollo is the god of the sun while Camryn (Apolla) wears a sun amulet. Thantos is also derived from Thantos, the Greek 'grim reaper'. Twitch is an engaging character, living with his mum, looking after his birds and building the coolest huts that even a police-hunt overlook. He copes with bullies with a shrug, stands up to them when he’s able, and is disappointed and angry when a supposed friend lets him down. It's kind of hard to believe that Dave sees a girl that looks JUST LIKE his daughter and does NOTHING? And then weren't they all together when they went in the theme park? Shouldn't Cam and Alex have noticed each other then?

Marble Bay, Massachusetts: Music & More Store, Marble Bay High School, Cambridge, Boston University, Endicott Drive, Webster Road, Barneses residence, Gladstone residence, Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, Pie in the Sky pizzeria Although Cam has had dreams of Karsh and the Coventry world as a little girl, her first encounter of her magical powers was at a school soccer game when she accidentally blinds an opponent while attempting to score a goal. She especially remembers this because after the game she blames herself for making the team lose. As the school's star athlete, she had never allowed their team to lose before and she blinded a girl on the other team during the game. Also, she has always had premonitions. It is then that she suspects something must be up and wrong with her. It's the moment they've been waiting for. Cam and Alex are about to be initiated. In just a month, the girls will be welcomed as full-fledged witches in a blowout bash on Coventry. Another allusion to the Olympian Twins is that Artemis is the goddess of the Moon while Alex (Artemis) wears a moon amulet and Apollo is the god of the sun while Camryn (Apolla) wears a sun amulet. Thantos is also derived from Thanatos, the Greek 'grim reaper'. In the first installment of the T*witches series, Cam and Alex are twins who were separated at birth and run into each other at an amusement park. After a tragedy, Alex moves in with Cam and together they solve "The Case of the Missing Pop Star". There are also a few other elements in this book that are touched upon throughout the series, such as a murderous uncle and a missing mother, albeit briefly.

Follow us

Account icon An icon in the shape of a person's head and shoulders. It often indicates a user profile. Cam is sent to the fictional town of Marble Bay, Massachusetts, or suburban Boston to live with Dave and Emily Barnes, a couple who had always wanted a child but couldn't so they decided to adopt Cam. Dave, a lawyer, adopted her from Karsh by private adoption. He knows of Cam's powers but does not know of the Coventry world, and his wife Emily does not know about it at all. Nearly a year later, the Barneses conceived a child for the first time, and Cam's little brother Dylan is born, making him the Barneses' second child. The family now consists of Cam, the older sister and adopted child; and Dylan, the younger brother and biological child; although Cam herself never knew she was adopted until she was 14. Emily Barnes is an interior designer and had no idea that the twins are witches because she is a mortal. She finds out Camryn is a witch after Cam and Alex meet. She is very fun and easygoing, and is very supportive of Camryn. Amazing book and Twitch was just so innocent and oiesfdni ewhsdn AND I love how his family also was super supportive and loved birds as well, instead of a family who thought he was weird - because most books with a social outcast as the main character would also have a weirded-out, rude/unsupportive family as a side plot as well, so I really like how M. G. Leonard actually had a family as bird-loving (well, less, actually, because how is anyone supposed to beat Twitch in the Birder departement!?) as he did! As the summer holidays begin though, a series of events occur to turn Twitch's world upside down. From bullies to a suspected murderer, Twitch must learn to navigate a dangerous new world in which he will have to learn to read people as well as he can read birds and in which his trust in others will be tested to the limit.

Alex was born on October 31st, as the moon was setting, her sister Apolla was born as the sun rose. Cam and Alex are about to discover they're twin witches separated at birth. When an incredibly well-planned coincidence ends up with them meeting for the first time, their lives will never be the same. However, as a kid I loved Alex. I thought she was the coolest person ever, and I still like her the most. Cryokinesis: Karsh implied that Alex had some affinity for coldness, as when she and her sister were practicing the vanquishing spell, he noted that the most important part of the spell was balance (i.e. Alex needed to provide the forces of the moon and cold to the spell). I'm also really torn about the characters. They ride the line of being stereo-types. The only thing that makes me hesitate to say they are, is because there is more to them than their characteristics. They have friends, family, homes, and many more things that support their characteristics while also making them individuals. Again, it is a fine line.

Keep in touch

There is also Billy, a man who comes to Twitch’s rescue, when he’s being bullied again. Twitch wants to like Billy, and he says he’s also in the wood for the birdwatching too, but Twitch isn’t so sure.

To this day, I would struggle to name another series where the main character lives in a trailer. If it's not dystopian wastelands, then most YA is filled with perky middle-class kids who live in the suburbs or, possibly, poor inner-city kids. Alex, named after my favorite goddess, lived in a trailer like me. It was a sign. Twitch tells the story of a boy who rescues a pigeon from some nasty kids at school, resulting in a new found relationship and interest in birds. This allows the boy to utilise his new found friends to become a sort of detective, or at least a detective's assistant. Pyrokinesis: Karsh implied that Camryn had some affinity for heat, as when she and her sister were practicing the vanquishing spell, he noted that the most important part of the spell was balance (i.e. Cam needed to provide the power of the sun and heat to the spell).A sequel, Twitches Too, premiered on October 12, 2007 in the US, November 2, 2007 in the UK, and October 26, 2007 in Canada. Ileana DuBaer is a cousin to the twins, and their guardian. Her parents are Thantos DuBaer and Beatrice Hazlitt. After her mother died giving birth to her and Thantos abandoned her, Karsh Antayus, a distant relative of her mother, and close friend to her uncle Aron and grandfather Nathanial, reared her. Her mother had little or no power, though her mothers ancestors were quite powerful as is Ileana. Ileana herself is a very powerful witch until she finds out who her father is. Soon, Ileana recovers her powers and remains a powerful witch. Ileana is sometimes self-centered and has a temper but she is caring and dependable, and at heart pure, unlike her father. Her boyfriend is Brice Stanley. Her specialized powers are telekinesis, precognition, hyperactive sight, levitation, shape-shifting, telepathy. You know time and time again how it’s drummed into you that you must never talk to strangers or accept sweets. This strange man takes Twitch to a sweet shop and buys Twitch some sweet and a newspaper for himself.

I’ll also admit that I know this series was made into two movies featuring the Mowry twins. I never actually watched them. They seemed kind of goofy and by the time the movies came out, I was in a different phase where all the teen lingo that was popular didn’t appeal to me and I almost found it annoying.

Twitch enjoys spending time with his bird friends far more than human ones, which makes him an easy target for the school bullies. His favourite place to watch the birds is in Aves Woods but on the first day of the school holidays, the place is crawling with police.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment