276°
Posted 20 hours ago

OLYMPUS Tough TG-6 Waterproof Camera, Red

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Suppose you want to capture a silky waterfall photo. Normally, you need control over your shutter speed to make it go slow enough to capture the motion. But with the TG-6 you don’t have control over the shutter speed. Depends on which smartphone? Smartphones have more powerful processing and there is more money thrown at sensor design so many will exceed this camera in pure image quality though often the strong processing going on in smartphones shows through. The great-value price includes a six-month warranty extension 5 if new owners register their camera at www.my.olympus.eu.

A number of accessories are available, with a new fisheye converter, a new underwater case, and a new lens cap. Many of the accessories can attach to the front bayonet on the camera, which is behind the removable front ring. These new accessories are in addition to the existing fisheye converter, tele converter, flash diffuser, light guide, plus floating straps, and silicone cases. Get the latest photography news straight to your inbox by signing up to our newsletter. Newsletter Signup

MPB puts photo and video kit into more hands, more sustainably. Every month, visual storytellers sell more than 20,000 cameras and lenses to MPB. Choose used and get affordable access to kit that doesn’t cost the earth.

The TG-6 is a pretty standard point-and-shoot from a handling perspective. Its handgrip is decently deep, and the camera ships with a cloth wrist strap that you can use on land and under water. All of the scene modes feature an example photo, giving you an idea of when it's best to use the mode, and there is a built-in help to explain the modes and options on the camera. There are a number of underwater modes available: underwater snapshot, underwater wide, underwater macro, underwater microscope, and underwater HDR. Art filters are available, with a number of different versions of each.There is no full-manual mode on this camera. But if you know what you’re doing, you can still take full control. This is the best waterproof tough compact you can buy, with all the positives and negatives that the descriptor implies. It can shoot and keep on shooting in tough conditions that would instantly murder a normal camera, and it has a number of features that other tough compacts simply don’t, like an f/2 aperture and RAW support. It also inevitably has all the pitfalls that tough compact shooters have had to get used to, namely the small sensor and the middling image quality that results from it. Choose an ISO of 100. Choose an aperture of f18. This will effectively choke out the light and force the TG-6 to slow down the shutter speed to let more light in. The slow shutter speed will produce a silky waterfall.

With the TG-6, you can get insanely close and discover the mystery and beauty in the fine details of everyday objects. You’ll be exploring the world in a way you haven’t done since science class. If you read my comment at all, you'd see that I use both Windows (10 of course) and Mac. I am quite fluent in both. I am an IT professional, so I will put that up against whatever googling you might do. The buttons can feel a little small at times, and this could be particularly worrying if you're wearing gloves. The video button was a little difficult to press at times, however this has the added benefit of meaning you don't accidentally start and stop recording. Even water pressure, will of course evenly push the battery door closed the deeper one dives. So the seal is better deeper, within limits, provided there's no grit in the gasket. The OM System Tough TG-7 features an improved grip, a USB-C connector, an improved LCD screen, interval and time-lapse modes, support for vertical video shooting, support for the RM-WR1 weatherproof wireless remote and updated scene modes.I dont care much about extra data written to the file you record. Its pointless. Wideangle shots are fine. Postprocessing in Resolve is a breeze. FCON-T02 Fisheye Converter lens for an easy and fast switch between circular fisheye and diagonal fisheye photography. To attach this lens, the CLA-T01 Converter Adapter (sold separately) is required Yep, I kept TG-5 only two months and sold it after discovering this optical problem. (zoomed at maxi and then light coming from 45°) The renowned Olympus field sensor system makes it possible to record log data such as location, altitude/depth as well as air/water temperature while capturing still images or movies. Impressive image quality delivered through an ultra-bright lens, high-speed sensor and Olympus’ latest image processor The TG-6 has become our dedicated “leave it laying around the house” camera. It’s so small that it doesn’t bother my wife. It’s there when we need it. And, it’s so tough we don’t mind the kids using it.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment