276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Comfort and Joy: Irresistible pleasures from a vegetarian kitchen

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This is a cookbook of great bounty, promising fortifying curries and stews, the warm embrace of aromatic fried bhajis and rich, satisfying desserts. From the IACP award-winning author of Jikoni, a cookbook celebrating indulgence in vegetarian and vegan home cooking. From Mango and Golden Coin Curry, Shiro Miso Udon Mushroom and Kale Carbonara to Strawberry Falooda Milk Cake , this is food as pursuit of pleasure.

Ravinder Bhogal's Comfort And Joy is a revelation-you will never look at "the vegetarian option” in the same way after diving into her inventive, bewitching and mouth watering book. And the recipe I’m delightedly sharing with you today is her Pea, Preserved Lemon and Mint Dip with Radish Salsa, which ticks all the boxes for me! In this book, Ravinder brings together her signature style of storytelling, with a collection of everyday vegetarian recipes that are elegant yet completely practical. We use Google Analytics to see what pages are most visited, and where in the world visitors are visiting from. You can change your choices at any time by visiting Cookie preferences, as described in the Cookie notice.Ravinder Bhogal's Comfort And Joy is a revelation-you will never look at "the vegetarian option" in the same way after diving into her inventive, bewitching and mouth watering book. Measurements are in metric or occasionally vague like "a thumb of ginger", or "handfull of cashews".

This cookbook by Ravinder Bhogal is a fresh take on vegetarian and vegan cooking; not geared towards health or denial but indulging all the senses with a decadent global larder. I already have Ravinder’a other cook books so was quick to purchase this one knowing how much I love the others.

Her writing is surely some of the best in Britain today… this is a gamechanger in vegetarian cookbooks' - Gilly Smith, Cooking the Books podcast You may also be interested in.

There is so much I want to make and eat within its pages-from the okra fries with kale-the mango gold coin curry-the strawberry faluda cheesecake-and blissfully a whole chapter on Bread. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. With Bhogal's creative, approachable, veg-centric recipes for home cooks, each recipe in Comfort and Joy is the key to a new culinary life where wellness and indulgence are allies, deep frying is vegetable baptism, and "the vegetarian option" is always first choice. If the Jikoni cookbook was a feast for the soul, with its nourishing stories and aspiring dishes, then Comfort and Joy is a real feast for the body. Her debut restaurant, Jikoni, was ranked 56th in the UK by the National Restaurant Awards within 7 months of opening and achieved a coveted place in the Michelin Guide in the same year.The 103 third parties who use cookies on this service do so for their purposes of displaying and measuring personalized ads, generating audience insights, and developing and improving products. She has authored two books; her last Jikoni: Proudly Inauthentic Recipes from an Immigrant Kitchen , (Bloomsbury July 2020) won an IACP award for Best Restaurant Cookbook and was been shortlisted for the André Simon Award, and a Fortnum and Mason Award for Best Cookery Book . Raw, modern and sensual, Comfort and Joy applies Ravinder’s creative ingenuity to approachable veg-centric recipes for home cooks. Her debut book Cook in Boots (HarperCollins, 2009) won the Gourmand World Cookbook Award for the UK's Best First Cookbook and was awarded the first runners-up prize of the World's Best First Cookbook at the Paris Cookbook Fair in February 2010. So it is not an exaggeration to say to say that the Burnt Courgette and Cardamom Dip with Crispy Capers (page 25 of the book) that I made this weekend is THE most delicious dip I have ever tasted.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment