276°
Posted 20 hours ago

LEGO Creator Expert Gingerbread House 10267 Building Kit (1,477 Pieces)

£79.5£159Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

At the time he had recently moved from Lego Duplo to Lego so the first step was to empty the drawers of Lego Duplo. These were passed on to his younger sister. While the price might be a little higher than what most people are used to, I think the pricetag is entirely justified and I’m actually glad that LEGO didn’t cut any corners with this set to give us the full Gingerbread House experience. The architectural details of the Gingerbread House are astounding, and it seems like I discover little design flourishes, such as the railings beneath the windows. LEGO 10267 Gingerbread House receives a rare 5/5 rating, only the third perfect score I’ve issued this year.

Let’s meet the Gingerbread family! We have Mr Gingerbread, with a very respectable dad moustache, and Mrs Gingerbread who sports a gingerbread skirt. The concept of a Gingerbread House translates amazingly well to the LEGO form factor, and the aesthetics also fit in seamlessly with the wider Winter Village sub-theme. The last time LEGO veered from your typical Winter Village build was with 2014’s Santa’s Workshop, so this kind of feels like we get a fantasy build every 5 years. I also love that the designers included a pram for the Gingerbread bub, and a bottle of milk as well. The pram has some neat little details such as chocolate bars for decoration, and also chocolate cookie-rimmed wheels.It does raise a few questions. Firstly, it’s good to know that Gingerbread people poo just like us, but more importantly, what is the bathtub filled with? Don’t they get soggy if Gingerbread gets soaked in water? They’re based off the same Gingerbread Man mould from LEGO Minifigures Series 13, with a few small cosmetic changes such as the aforementioned facial features, but also red candy buttons on their bodies. The Lego Gingerbread House 40139 is a limited edition set for 2015 and contained 4 bags of Lego, one loose piece and the instruction booklet. Then we attached the base plates. I bought a few and spray painted one of them with white paint. My son had received lots of Lego Arctic sets for Christmas, so I thought it would be fun if he had a snowy looking base plate.

I absolutely love the roof on the gingerbread house, which gives this model its signature look. It mimics the look of icing on the gingerbread house which also doubles as a heavy cover of snow. It was fun to build and I quite liked that everyone made a bit of it. It’s part of the Creator range but we didn’t find it particularly difficult to build. The set includes a lovely gingerbread house with lots of detail, a gingerbread man and lady figure with baby, a Christmas tree with presents and toys.Final thoughts: After the less-than-spectacular last few years of Winter Village sets, LEGO have managed to hit it out of the park with the Gingerbread House. Thanks so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed this review! Did you manage to buy the LEGO Gingerbread House and have you built it? I’d love to hear that you thought of the set in the comments! The build was also really fun and I was engaged throughout, despite some repetitive sections building the slopes roof, but I really loved seeing it all come together. Speaking on the aesthetics of the LEGO Gingerbread House, I don’t think its hyperbolic to state that this is one of the best designed sets in the entire Winter Village theme.

As the Gingerbread Baby is still an infant, he/she (it?) is still co-sleeping and has a cute little crib set up right next to its parents’ bed.It’s kind of a shame that LEGO didn’t modify the baby mould and turn it into some infant gingerbread monstrosity, but the printed gingerbread baby tile is still adorable as anything. LEGO have another classic Winter set on their hands with 10267 Gingerbread House, and it’s not an understatement to call this one of the best Winter Village sets of all time. The size of the LEGO Gingerbread House, and all its other accompaniments make this seem like great value for the pricetag. It’s not the largest set, but because there’s so much going on with the design, it feels substantially larger than it really is. Apart from being a stunning display piece thanks to the highly detailed roof and decorative icing, I also appreciated the play features baked (heh) into the set.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment