276°
Posted 20 hours ago

ASUS TUF FX505 - 15.6 Inch IPS Full HD Gaming Laptop - Intel i5-9300H, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 4 GB, 8 GB RAM, 512 GB NMVe PCI-e SSD, Windows 10), Stealth Black

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

ASUS TUF Gaming FX505 hadir setelah baru saja dirilisnya FX504. Sebenarnya seri ini dirilis bersamaan dengan FX705. Walaupun bukan dari keluarga lini ROG, laptop gaming ini memiliki beragam fitur keren yang nggak kalah ciamik dengan apa yang dimiliki oleh laptop ROG. Kamu dapat menemukan fitur-fitur seperti Anti-Dust Cooling, AURA Sync RGB Keyboard, dan juga NanoEdge Display. Yang lebih kerennya lagi laptop gaming ini di banderol dengan harga yang sangat murah untuk kelasnya. The price tag is very reasonable for a gaming laptop, pitting it against budget and midrange machines, such as the Acer Nitro 5, and previous Asus TUF laptops, like the Asus TUF FX504GD. The Asus TUF lineup is perhaps better known for its selection of durable gaming motherboards, but there are now a handful of laptops on offer as well. An acronym for “The Ultimate Force” (not a reference to Ross Kemp’s SAS show), the TUF range of laptops, according to Asus, offer the perfect blend of performance and durability. I was nonetheless expecting better CPU/GPU thermals given the design of the thermal module. Perhaps the limited intake cuts on the bottom have a saying in this, but the bigger issue is also the fact that there’s no way to tweak, undervolt or limit the AMD Ryzen 7 processor, as Ryzen Master does not support Ryzen mobile at this point. For comparison, Intel mobile processors can be tweaked with either XTU or Throttlestop, and that helps with temperatures and performance in most laptops, especially in those in the lower-tier such as this one, with the more limited thermal implementations. Unless otherwise stated, all performance claims are based on theoretical performance. Actual figures may vary in real-world situations.

Third is the noise of the fans. They are extraordinarily loud. With all the noise, I would think they'd do a better job cooling, but they don't. The GPU is running at 80C+ nearly the second I start a game with moderate settings. I was able to make it run a little bit cooler by playing on an external monitor, closing the lid of the laptop, and turning it upside down. Still, it only dropped to 75C but was even louder. You can also configure the Asus TUF Gaming FX505DY with up to 32GB of RAM and up to 1TB of SSHD storage, or 512GB of PCIe SSD storage. Of course, these additional specifications will come with different price points.The actual transfer speed of USB 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, and/or Type-C will vary depending on many factors including the processing speed of the host device, file attributes and other factors related to system configuration and your operating environment.

The recently unveiled 15in TUF FX505 and 17in TUF FX705 laptops both use a combination of AMD and Nvidia chipsets, but it’s the smaller and (slightly) cheaper TUF FX505 that’s the most interesting of the two.

Packed with AMD gaming tech

For connectivity, there’s Gigabit Lan and Wireless AC through Realtek chips, as well as Bluetooth 5.0. We’ve mostly used our sample on wireless, and it performed alright near the router and at 30+ feet away with obstacles in between, without drops or other issues, but didn’t reach the high speeds that some of the other laptops were capable with our setup. For that kind of money, you’re also getting a well built and compact chassis, a 120 Hz IPS display and an RGB keyboard. At the same time, though, you’ll have to settle for an all-plastic construction, a fairly dim and washed out panel and only average battery life and speaker quality.

Follow this link for updated configurations and prices in your region at the time you’re reading the article. Final thoughts At its ROG Re:Define conference in New York, Asus launched a plethora of high-powered premium gaming laptops. In addition to all the fancy, top-end ROG-branded goodies, there were some brand-new laptops on show from the budget-friendly TUF range. While trying to set it up to my liking and play some COD: Modern Warfare, I found all of the graphics settings are set to make it run with the Radeon Vega and NOT the Nvidia RTX 2060 which is the reason I bought this thing in the first place. It looks to me like you can't run the laptop panel with the Nvidia, but instead that is only there to run an external monitor. Am I correct on this? I have not played with the Armoury Crate app yet, just with the GEForce Experience and GEForce apps so far. I played through a few games of MW last night, a couple on the laptop display and a couple on an external display, and I'll say the gaming experience was 10x better on the external display. I was able to get about 60fps externally, but the GPU was running 80-85C the entire time which worried me. On the included display it was topping out around 50fps, though I don't remember looking at the GPU temp at that time. It was also a bit laggy on the laptop display. I was pretty disappointed in the performance to be quite frank. I just built a desktop PC with nearly the same specs and using the same external monitor and I see 120fps with GPU temps that never exceed 60C even after hours of play. I know there's a lot of thermal dynamics that go into effect here, but it's essentially the same GPU and GPU RAM in both rigs and I'd expect a little bit of a closer experience. Bezel layar pada seri lamanya pun tebal. Nah, pada seri FX505 ini ASUS sepertinya ingin memberikan pengalaman yang sama bagi para gamers dengan budget pas-pasan seperti memiliki laptop dari keluarga ROG dengan menampilkan tampilan khas laptop gaming yang memiliki ornamen futuristik. Seri FX505 juga tampil lebih elegan karena layar dengan bezel tipis. Maka dari itu, ukurannya jika dibandingkan dengan pendahulunya, FX504, nampak lebih kecil. The FX505DV gets a more complex thermal module than what Asus put on last’s years Intel/Nvidia models, with two large fans (with dust exhaust channels) and several heatpipes. At the same time, this also needs to clear more heat than the 2018 models, and as you’ve seen in the previous section, it still barely copes with the components inside.The speakers on this unit were barely average in terms of volume, at up to 72-74 dB at head-level, and rather subpar in terms of quality. However, the driver did not install the Audio Wizard software on either of our FX505 samples, which normally helps with the volumes and quality, so I’d take our findings with a grain of salt, perhaps the output can be further improved if you can get that software installed. Even so, the actuals chambers are small, the sound comes through narrow cuts on the sides and is tinny, with little on the low-end, but alright mids and highs. Asus offers with 2019 FX505 variants with IPS-level 60 or 120 Hz screens, both with mid-level brightness and contrast, but fairly low color coverage. Our configuration comes with the Panda LM156LF-GL03 120 Hz panel we’ve also seen on the Zephyrus G GA502, while lower-tier models ship with the 60 Hz Panda LM156LF panel analyzed in this article. Its competitive pricing is what primarily puts this laptop on most maps. In fact, in most regions, this is the most affordable RTX 2060 notebook you can find in stores, and it’s not even a regular RTX 2060, it’s the 90W OC variant you’d normally get on much more expensive gaming notebooks like the Asus ROG Scar III or the MSI GE65 Raider.

The other differences are the larger and heavier size of the FX705DY (as to be expected), and the larger laptop comes with a bigger 64Wh battery compared to the 48Wh of the FX505DY. With the battery needing to power the larger screen, however, we’d guess that battery life will actually be pretty similar between the two models. Also, I have all the same settings on otherwise you listed such as turbo mode and making sure the GPU is configured right in the Nvidia control panel).Next, we’ve included a set of benchmarks, for those of you interested in numbers. We ran them on the default Turbo profile first, and here’s what we got: Last year they completely redesigned it. This year they further updated the configurations and made them even more price-competitive, by opting for a mix of AMD Ryzen and Nvidia Turing hardware, without sacrificing important aspects like a fast refresh-rate IPS screen, an RGB keyboard or a chassis built to last. Our test model is the top-tier Asus TUF Gaming FX505DV configuration in the 2019 FX505 lineup, with the Ryzen 7 3750H processor, 32 GB of RAM in dual channel, M.2 PCIe x2 SSD storage and dual graphics, with the 90W version of the RTX 2060 6GB chip, alongside the Radeon RX Vega 10 chip within the AMD CPU. If you want a bigger screen, then there’s also the Asus TUF FX705DY, which has pretty much exactly the same spec, except its 1080p screen is 17.3 inches and refresh rate is half at 60Hz. The testing regime includes the requirements of both military-grade standards and ASUS quality tests, and varies depending on device. MIL-STD-810 testing is conducted on selected ASUS products only. Note that the MIL-STD-810 testing helps to ensure the quality of ASUS products but does not indicate a particular fitness for military use. The test is performed under laboratory conditions. Any damage caused by attempts to replicate these test conditions would be considered accidental, and would not be covered by the standard ASUS warranty. Additional coverage is available with ASUS Premium Care.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment