276°
Posted 20 hours ago

EVO 16-24 in/24 out USB audio interface with Smartgain

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

With Audient parenting EVO, there’s plenty of that brains and technology going the EVO 16. However, it stays affordably priced and novice-friendly. An uncomplicated interface with lots of room to plug stuff into that’s non-expensive is definitely something I can get behind. Is there anything in the unit itself stopping one from making the next chart-topper? I seriously doubt it. EVO 16 Key Features Audio interfaces have EVOlved. The EVO audio interface employs its own custom microphone preamps. The EVO preamps are specially-designed for this interface, providing pristine sound with incredible warmth and accuracy. It provides you with 58dB of gain range, allowing you to record everything from loud vocals to softer-sounding instruments. The class-leading converters deliver a dynamic range of 113dB, with ultra-low latency performance. One of the things that differentiates the EVO range from Audient’s more costly ID and ASP products is the use of generic audio circuitry rather than bespoke designs. However, that doesn’t necessarily mean that you can expect inferior performance, and the audio specifications for the EVO 16 are actually rather good. (They’re also commendably clear and comprehensive, especially in regard to things like headphone output level, which is often overlooked.) If you’re thinking of interfacing the EVO 16 with other studio gear, though, be aware that like many other affordable interfaces, it doesn’t quite operate at ‘professional’ levels. The outputs generate a maximum level of +12dBu, while the hottest that can be accommodated at the inputs is +16dBu. The EVO By Audient EVO 16 USB Audio Interface is perfect for professionals featuring an 8-in/8-out design, equipped with Audient's custom EVO mic preamps and the new 'Motion# user interface. The Audient EVO 16 provides ultra-low latency performance delivering pristine sound thanks to the 24-bit/192kHz audio resolution. The eight EVO mic pres deliver exceptional warmth whilst remaining accurate and nuanced, providing up to 58dB of gain range. You can record both instruments and vocals thanks to the built-in Phantom Power and JFET input. With 25 years of experience behind them, Audient's mic preamps have been designed to deliver the most accurate, clean and true to source version of your audio no matter what you're recording. The EVO Preamp technology has the advantages of an analogue mic preamp combined with digitally controlled precision which gives you the ability to set your gain with pin-point accuracy!

EVO Downloads - EVO

I mentioned the ability to adjust preamp gain from software as one of the pluses of the digital approach, and in this case, the software in question is simply called EVO. As the EVO 16 is a class‑compliant device and uses the Mac’s built‑in Core Audio driver, you can actually operate it on Apple devices without installing the EVO software, but I can’t imagine why anyone would do so! In look and feel, EVO adopts the ‘clean and clear’ look also favoured by manufacturers such as Focusrite and Arturia, and which probably owes a lot in the first instance to Ableton Live. When you first load it up, in fact, you might think everything is greyed out, but you soon realise that it’s just very grey. Working alongside EVO 16’s hardware controls, Motion UI provides a centralised, one-knob control system for adjusting all EVO 16’s hardware parameters,” continues Andy. “Simply put, every adjustment is displayed on the screen in real time, letting the user make changes on the fly and take full control of the recording session without ever needing to look at the computer.” However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers. EVO 16 breaks convention with its high resolution, full colour screen built into the unit. “With our all-new Motion UI (user interface) control system, we’ve found a new way of doing things,” explains Andy. “Motion UI uses the wide angle screen to intelligently display information on your session as and when you need it, making any interaction with EVO 16 a fully immersive, easy-to-use experience – more comparable to what you might expect when using a Smart device, with no menu deep diving required to activate features. You should get an instant answer on whether your application has been successful, though in some rare cases Klarna or V12 may need to look at the application in more detail.

The EVO software mixer is clear and simple, but gives access to some surprisingly deep functionality. An audio interface that is bringing an awful lot more to the table than you’re paying for, and that allows you to concentrate on making music without being distracted by the technicalities." Simple though this is, it’s made much simpler thanks to EVO 16’s LCD display. And this tiny display is not only crystal clear but thanks to the IPS technology, easy to view even when you’re way off axis. The total gain range on the mic preamps is 58dB, and the alignment is quite nicely judged. At one end of the scale, you can get a healthy level from close‑miked speech with a moving‑coil dynamic mic, and on the other, you can record drums without clipping. Equivalent Input Noise is less than ‑127.5dB (presumably A‑weighted, though this is not stated) and the A‑D converters deliver a dynamic range of 112.5dB A‑weighted; the practical upshot is that even with the headroom that Smartgain leaves, the noise floor of the EVO 16 itself is always going to be way, way below that of your source. Input impedance in high‑impedance mode is 500kΩ, which is on the low side, but of course you can easily attach a DI box if you feel this is loading down your electric guitar. I’m a big fan of Audient gear. I own a Gen 1 iD14 and I used to teach at a college that had both an ASP8024 and an ASP4816. They all work and sound great. Take that as a brand endorsement before we even start.

24out Audio Interface - A new way of doing things - EVO 16

EVO 16’s 8 EVO Preamps provide 58dB Mic Gain, while its advanced converter technology offers a staggering 121dB dynamic range, providing professional grade audio performance across the board. MusicRadar verdict: Audient’s goal with EVO is to make recording easy. EVO 16 achieves this and makes it flexible and affordable too. A really great product. Audient EVO 16: The web says The software only allows 4 mixes, it would have been nice to allow more if using mono mixes as it does have 8 outputs. The EVO 16 is expected to ship sometime in June and retail for EUR 469 (VAT included). Learn more about the EVO 16 One of the most unique and groundbreaking features of the interface is "Smartgain Mode". Once you start playing or singing with Smartgain Mode, the interface will automatically adjust the levels of your microphones, so you can avoid clipping and distortion. It will even match and adjust gain to both channels at the same time for added versatility. This makes the recording process easier than ever before, eliminating the need to adjust levels manually. This is perfect for beginners and professionals alike, streamlining your workflow. Detailed, warm sound with EVO mic preamps

There is also room for expansion with plenty of optical inputs and outputs, making it possible to record anything from just drums to a full band. Ensuring the studio can grow with time, there are both ADAT and SPDIF options to add up to 16 extra channels of mic preamps. The much touted Smartgain feature has not previously interested me on their smaller interfaces for a simple guitar or vocal, but on an 8-channel device, for setting multiple levels like with a drum kit or small ensemble, it makes more sense. I am yet to test it but I assume/hope it leaves enough headroom on super-fast HF sources like ride cymbals and tambourines. For musicians who don’t want to faff around doing boring tech stuff, this can get you sorted in seconds, and you always have the option to manually tweak anything if you choose. Want to grow your studio business? Invest in Audient. – Audient on Audient keeps Lito’s Place on Top of Film Work

Audient EVO 16 24-in 28-out USB-C Audio Interface

Audient’s recently announced EVO 16 promises a glimpse of things to come for the interface market, but how well does it actually perform? See it and hear it as three Experts give their verdict… Evolving The Interface British audio company, EVO by Audient is delighted to announce the launch of the latest product in its range, EVO 16. A 24 in / 24 out Audio Interface, this newest release features eight award-winning EVO Preamps, advanced converter technology as well as the ingenious Smartgain feature which can be used on all 8 channels simultaneously, and continues to deliver on the EVO promise to ‘make recording easy’. Further options for the routing and configuration of inputs and outputs along with ultra-low latency monitoring functionality is provided by the EVO Mixer software, with both macOS and Windows operating systems supported. The Audient EVO 16 Audio Interface is a studio powerhouse, designed from the ground up to ensure users have the easiest experience possible while offering enough I/O firepower to handle even the biggest of recording sessions!

EVO By Audient EVO 16 USB Audio Interface Overview

Powered by Audient's lightning fast Smartgain algorithm, Smartgain uses advanced peak analysis to automatically analyse and set your gain to the perfect level in under 20 seconds! All you need to do is set up your mics, engage Smartgain and the EVO 16 will take it from there.Set the gain for all 8 Mic preamps with the touch of a button! Future-proof your Setup The ID‑series interfaces are competitively priced, but on the pure value‑for‑money front, they are undercut by rival products that use mass‑market, off‑the‑shelf components and circuits. Hence the launch of Audient’s EVO series of interfaces, brought to market more affordably by the use of generic audio circuitry instead of the Audient custom designs employed in the ID series. But price isn’t the only thing differentiating the EVO interfaces from their ID brethren. Tabula Rasa Featuring 8 award winning EVO preamps alongside Audient's advanced converter technology ensures your recordings sound the best they possibly can. Intelligent mic preamps set their own levels with Smartgain and make use of the new, ground-breaking Motion UI control system. Key Features For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.

EVO 16 – Thomann UK

As with the smaller EVO products, EVO 16 comes with the Smartgain feature, which automatically sets the gain with the touch of a button. “The added bonus with EVO 16, is that it can automatically set the gain for all 8 channels at once, ideal for drummers who have multiple mic inputs and synth players needing lots of line inputs,” explains Andy. “Smartgain has been designed to take the guesswork out of setting gain. Not only does it save time for the user, but it eliminates the hassle for those working on their own, which means users can spend less time figuring out the tech and more time recording.” If that wasn’t enough, you can customise your advanced monitoring controls by using the assignable ‘F’ (function) button. You can assign the function button to any of the interfaces monitoring controls and program it to suit your needs. The fully immersive UI and sleek design make it one of the most streamlined interfaces on the market. JFET instrument inputs and 48V Phantom Power Audient started out as manufacturers of large‑ and medium‑format analogue mixing consoles, drawing on the immense experience of designer Dave Dearden. When they moved into making audio interfaces, one of the key selling points was their ability to apply this analogue design expertise in the new sector. Audient’s ID range thus combines ergonomic desktop form factors with mic preamps and other circuit designs closely related to those used in their flagship ASP consoles. The compact and portable design make the EVO perfect for musicians on the move. Whether you’re recording vocals for your latest song or podcasting with friends on the go, the EVO is the perfect choice. The EVO interface comes complete with a professional software bundle including premium-grade plugins to get you started straight out of the box. It even features Cubase LE - a streamlined version of the award-winning digital audio workstation providing everything you need to make and record music. FeaturesIn every Expert review we ask three of our team of contributors to give their first impressions of the product. We ask them to give the product a hit or miss, based on factors such as originality, innovation, usefulness, quality and value for money. For each hit the products gets an Expert Award. One hit and it gets our bronze award, two hits gets silver and for a hit from all three of the panel it gets a coveted gold award. Of course if there’s three misses, there’s no award. Luke Goddard On EVO 16 Also, the fabulous Audient JFET instrument inputs are on this device. The quality of these caught me by surprise on my iD14 when I first plugged a bass into it. Short of a dedicated high quality DI and preamp combination, this input really sounds great. I like the flexibility of the software and the fact that it can easily be driven from the front panel. My daily driver is a (distinctly premium) Focusrite Red4Pre and I control that almost exclusively front the front panel. Having an easy to use interface with a clear and informative front panel display in a unit at this price is great. In its default state, EVO seems designed to present the simplest and least intimidating array of controls possible, presumably so as not to put off newcomers. Delve a little deeper, however, and you’ll find that it offers a surprisingly comprehensive level of control, including a number of features that are more typical of expensive ‘professional’ interfaces. I’ve already mentioned the ability to apply a level offset to the Alt Speaker mix, for level‑matched speaker switching. That and all the other possible function button settings are all available simultaneously from the right‑hand side of the EVO panel, and many are further configurable from the Settings window. A particularly great feature is that you can choose whether you want the mono fold‑down to be routed to the left, right, or both speakers — single‑speaker mono is incredibly useful, and I can’t think of many other interfaces that make it easily accessible at a single button press. Routing is as flexible as you’re ever likely to need it to be, and unless you wanted to use the EVO 16 to drive a surround speaker setup, I can’t imagine feeling limited by its capabilities.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment