276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Ellie Pillai is Brown

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I truly enjoyed reading this book, it was a pleasant read that brought a smile to my face when I needed it most.

She’s pretty much the only brown girl in her school and she’s hiding a big secret from her first generation immigrant parents (they think she took computer science GCSE when really she’s doing drama, a subject she’s actually not doing even doing well in). This funny, heartfelt, true-to-life, coming-of-age page-turner fizzes with emotional energy and the power of music. It really did enhance the story and I am sure readers will absolutely love this element of the book. This was so incredibly young-adult (YA) and thus, the perfect palate cleanser after all the heavy dystopian books.

One of the main reasons as to why I didn't really enjoy this because I just felt that this is for really a young audience and because of this, even the writing and plot felt childish and very exaggerated and made me not really want to carry on.

Faber Members get access to live and online author events and receive regular e-newsletters with book previews, promotional offers, articles and quizzes.There were so many times I was cringing but I think that’s just because I’m not the target audience.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment