276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Catch: The utterly gripping thriller - now a major NETFLIX drama

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Abbie Collier is hopelessly in love with her boyfriend Ryan Wilson and the happy couple plan to marry. But there's a problem - Abbie's father, Ed, doesn't like the suave, sophisticated Ryan and suspects him of hiding something, although mother, Claire, supports her daughter's choice and thinks he's a good catch. Desperate to prevent Abbie from marrying the wrong man, Ed digs into Ryan's past and in doing so he alienates his wife and daughter. But maybe Ed has other reasons for mistrusting his future son-in-law. The extent of Ryan’s disturbing hunting behavior is also made clear in The Catch book ending. Prior to his demise, he explained in his narrative that he pre-dug graves on the moors and filled them with a lilo to keep the shape so they were ready for his victims. He also had night-vision goggles and drugs ready for use too and it was made clear that Abbie was part of his cover, not the end of his desire to carry on killing. How could Channel 5’s The Catch ending differ? The Catch stars Jason Watkins and Poppy Gilbert (Credit: Channel 5) What is The Catch on Channel 5 about?

T.M. Logan always manages to come up with the basics of a realistic scenario, that then spins entirely out of control. The Catch is no different. A father who doesn’t approve of his daughter’s choice of partner isn’t that hard to imagine. In Ed’s case, it’s not just the close bond between Abbey and himself that is causing this overprotectiveness. There is more to it than that, but that’s something you’ll have to discover for yourself.Ed is now determined to discover and expose who the real Ryan is. Yes, he may have disliked Abbie’s other boyfriends in the past. I mean, no one is really good enough for Ed’s daughter. But this time it’s different. This time Ed sees true evil behind Ryan’s eyes! Well, I have been working my way through the Prime Ministers – I popped up in BBC1’s SAS: Rogue Heroes as Winston Churchill – so maybe I could do a few more of those and get to Liz Truss. That’d be interesting!" Interview: Aneurin Barnard on playing Ryan Wilson Three-dimensional characters, a family unit under stress, with a tragedy at the heart – all brilliantly framed in the thriller genre.

The thing I most enjoy about TM Logan books is that the mystery and suspense builds steadily through the majority of the book then towards the end, as more information comes to light, it hurtles towards an satisfying and unpredictable end. Every one of T.M Logan's books that I've read follows this pattern and it's this that keeps me wanting more. The reader isn't spoon fed, we're simply given snippets of information to piece together to create our own theories and conspiracies. At the moment, we have no details on the premiere date or the streamer that would harbor this title. However, there are ways to watch The Catch online on My5 in the US, Canada, and Australia - find out how to watch My5 outside the UK. The Catch Episode Guide and Release Schedule I found the storyline of the new boyfriend/ over protective father a little bit predictable and the whole plot did seem to be exhausted in parts during the first half however that being said the second half of the book was when everything began to unfold and it managed to redeem itself. The Curfew follows the events of a hot midsummer's night, when five teenagers go up to the woods to celebrate the end of exams, and only four come out...

Where is The Catch set?

Ryan is perfect, handsome, intelligent, debonair and even plays his guitar to the very ill at his local hospice in his spare time This story is literally a cat and mouse game - who is following who? Who is the one with the upper hand? Is Ryan a psychopath or is Ed just an overprotective father who cannot overcome his deep grief and guilt over the death of Jonathan, desperate not to let Abbie (his daughter) down like he feels he did Jonathan.

The Catch begins on Wednesday, January 25 at 9pm on Channel 5. Episodes will be available on MY5 after airing.

Is The Catch a true story?

Set against the hauntingly beautiful coastline of the south-west of England, this suspense-driven drama revolves around the themes of toxic masculinity and grief. The emotional complex story raises the pertinent moral questions; should we be judged by the actions of our distant past and at what point do we have to stop blaming other people for the life we’ve led? As he is faced with the very real possibility of losing everything he’s worked so hard to achieve, can Ed discover the truth about his daughter’s new boyfriend before it’s too late? The Catch is led by BAFTA-winning actor Jason Watkins as Ed Collier. He’s best known for his roles in McDonald & Dodds, The Crown and The Nativity films. The Catch, starring Aneurin Barnard and Poppy Gilbert, is shaping up to be an exciting drama… (Credit: Channel 5) How many episodes of The Catch are there?

There’s a lot of turmoil beneath the surface of anyone who’s had this sort of trauma and he’s tested all the way. When people hit a crisis in their lives, it’s often a combination of issues. You can deal with one problem, but when you have several, that’s when people struggle." The book takes you on Ed’s journey to find this out and how his own life takes a steep downward turn as he tries to prove what he feels I knew I wanted to write so journalism seemed an obvious choice, and after five years as a reporter and then education correspondent on the Nottingham Evening Post I moved to London to work on the Daily Mail. At the Mail I became the paper’s Science Reporter, covering all kinds of stories from new technology to the environment, space, genetics, health and medicine. I enjoyed being a national newspaper journalist but it didn’t leave much time for anything else – like thriller writing. In The Catch book ending Abbie finds documents that a private detective had found for Ed which include newspaper articles about Ryan’s past. It turned out he’d been lying through his teeth and had burned his family home to the ground as an 11-year-old in Canada, killing his parents and sister Stacey. His birth name was Ryan Steven Getzler and in a chapter from his perspective readers see him joyfully recall the memory of standing in the snow watching the house burn. The Catch is a Channel 5 and My5 four-part drama series set in the west of England, adapted by Michael Crompton [1] from the 2020 novel of the same name by T.M.Logan. [2] Starring Jason Watkins, Aneurin Barnard, Poppy Gilbert and Cathy Belton. The first episode was broadcast on Channel 5 and My5 in the UK on 25 January 2023.I love Mr Logan's thrillers they never fail to entertain, the characters always highly engaging and always with clever underlying faultlines to mess with your perception of them A teaser shares: “Set against the hauntingly beautiful coastline of the west of England, The Catch introduces us to Ed Collier, a proud husband, father and local fisherman determined to do whatever it takes to keep his family together. As secrets and lies are exposed from Ed’s own past to new revelations, he’s faced with the very real possibility of losing everything he’s worked so hard to achieve. Bestselling author TM Logan was a national newspaper journalist before turning to novel-writing full time. His thrillers have sold more than two million copies in the UK and are published in translation in 22 countries around the world including France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Germany, South Korea, Poland, Hungary, Serbia, Greece, Romania and the Netherlands.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment