276°
Posted 20 hours ago

NIKE Women's Speedrep Gymnastics Shoe

£31.285£62.57Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The SuperRep is for high impact boutique style fitness classes, which was evident from Nike’s social media marketing of the SuperRep at the beginning of 2020. When taking them out the box, its quite clear they’re not like any other training shoes out there. The first stand out feature is the sole.

From Zoom Air pods to increase cushioning in the forefoot, and encourage you to spring into the next rep of whatever you’re doing, to a big split in the sole unit to encourage and support multi directional movement. Aimed at people who participate in high intensity interval training (HIIT) classes, these people probably aren’t lifting the heaviest weights in the gym, or running the furthest or fastest in that specific session, so what do they look for and need in a shoe? Consider spending a little more and getting the Reebok Nano 9‘s or Nike Metcon 5’s. High Intensity Training (Burpees, Box Jumps, Kettlebells, Lunges)

Underfoot I felt like my weight was being tipped forwards towards my toes when walking due to the slanted sole underneath the toes. This took some getting used to, and I was really conscious of this for the first few hours.

Most people with a bit of cash to spend on a premium training shoe will turn to a Nike Metcon or Reebok Nano to fit the bill. The high cushioning underfoot also made me feel like I was even jumping higher and more easily out of the burpee;- placebo effect perhaps, but if anything makes a burpee feel easier and more fun then it’s a positive in my book. Yes, the heel did feel a little unstable, but my weight stayed comfortably over my heels, and I was able to get the feeling of gripping the floor with my feet in the concentric (raising up) phase of the squat. If the main focus of your workout is building muscle and strength, and your workout focuses primarily on free weights and/ or resistance machines, the SuperReps aren’t for you. Overall, if you’re committed to only doing high intensity, high energy, normally class-based workouts, the SuperReps are great. They’re FUN.I took them out for a long walk before wearing the next day to the gym and I’m glad I did, as bodyweight squats and lunges also took time to get used to, and not feel like I was leaning forwards too much.

Currently, my training consists of Olympic lifting, Crossfit workouts, and HIIT classes incorporating rowing, treadmill running, TRX and kettlebells. The SuperRep is a whole new type of training shoe designed especially for high intensity, fast paced exercise. However, these were designed to take on rough and tough workouts and aimed at a different type of gym environment. Nike has used it vast experience across practically every sport out there to come up with its attempt at the perfect all rounder.I enjoyed wearing them and I’d recommend a pair for the purpose of this specific exercise. Nike has already released more bright colorways since its original launch and I’ve seen other people with them on in my classes. It offers the stability for lifting weights through a chunky, wide sole, but cushioned landings to keep energy levels high in a vigorous class. For this purpose only, the SuperReps came into their own. For burpees, the break in the forefoot bends exactly where the toes do, and the slanted sole underneath the toes genuinely felt like I was going faster.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment