276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Nemo Switchback Foam Sleeping Pad

£31.235£62.47Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The good news is, it’s the year 2023 and there are plenty of options for great camping sleeping pads. In fact, there are so many options that you may need some help narrowing down the options. From the best affordable sleeping pad to the absolute top-end option on the market, there’s lots of choices. This pad is well suited for thru-hiking. The insulation factor means it can be used functionally even on the coldest nights, yet I never had issues with it being too warm in the summer months. It held up pretty well for most of the PCT where I used it and has only recently received its first pinhole. As mentioned above, even on the slightly taller side of the spectrum, this pad is plenty of bed to get cozy on. If you want the comfort of an inflatable without the whopping price tag, the Static V line is your best bet. Noteworthy Features I doubt that it's just sleeping bag filling between two layers of fabric in the Snugpak Antarctic mat without valve, that doesn't work well as far as I am informed. It's surely a polyester thread filled airmat.

Nemo Switchback Foldable Foam Sleeping Mat | Absolute-Snow

It’s the most wonderful time of the year for all of us adventure seekers - the @rei Anniversary Sale! May 19th-29th is REI’s biggest sale of the year. Dave wearing the REI Sahara Shade Sun Hoodie and prAna Stretch Zion Shorts on Silver Star Mountain. Premium dual-density Axiotomic foam offers a supple layer for comfort and a resilient layer for support. However, this pad is not for the adventurer who needs a super-comfortable night’s sleep. For that, look into blowup pads. Also, as stated above, the pad comes in only two sizes. I’m 5’1″, so I had to work around this by trimming the pad, as I wanted it to be even shorter and lighter.

Yes, -25*C in the night, -20*C during the day is exceptional around Berlin, we got such weather conditions a few years ago for several weeks. The bigger longevity issue of inflatables has to do with the durability of the insulation. Synthetic insulation, such as that used in the Sea to Summit Ether Light XT Insulated Air Sleeping Mat, can compress over time, just like a foam pad. And the aluminized film insulation found on Therm-a-Rest and NEMO pads can flake off with use. Some manufacturers recommend that you try not to introduce moisture into your pad, to begin with, and then store it uncompressed and with the valve open to mitigate these issues. It’s an entirely personal choice, as both have pros and cons. Closed-cell foam (CCF) pads are more versatile and durable than inflatables at a fraction of the cost. They set up instantly and can double as sit pads and yoga mats. Best Inflatable Ultralight Sleeping Pad — Runner-Up: Sea to Summit Ultralight Insulated Air Sleeping Mat

NEMO Switchback Sleeping Pad | REI Co-op

As you see, that's more my personal minimalistic and nomadic lifestyle than a shorter recreational hiking tour. And apart from the fact that I keep my stuff easily portable, I don't really plan to walk really long distances with the heavy version. Now I have always had mixed feelings about double pads. Kind of like double sleeping bags – I love the concept – but the reality does not always produce the best night’s sleep.The NeoAir Xtherm ditches the mainstream rectangular shape for a contoured build. This makes it overall more weight-effective, without compromising comfort and it’s a seriously comfortable, seriously lightweight sleeping pad – as an all rounder, the Xtherm is hard to beat, but it ain’t cheap and there are some better value options out there.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment