276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Duck, Death and the Tulip

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Most adults don’t know exactly how to breech the ominous subject of death with their children and often come up with a euphemistic metaphor that may far from adequately explain the end of life. So for a book to be able to offer children, and their parents, a clear and uncompromising view of death without being too scary or saccharine is a triumph. NL: Dit is zeker weten een van mijn favoriete prentenboeken. Het is kort, lief en de illustraties zijn prachtig. Ik denk dat dit boek enorm handig kan zijn als je aan een kind moet uitleggen dat iemand overleden is, of ze vragen hebben over de dood. Het boek voelt enorm vredig en dat lijkt mij de perfecte manier om dit natuurlijke proces uit te leggen zonder onnodige angst in te boezemen.

Tender and direct, this is an excellent tool for helping to explain and talk about death, dying and bereavement with children In 2011, director Andrea Simon released a short film of the same name; in her version, two young sisters cope with the death of their mother by reading the book. The book itself is acted out by two dancers, "blending real characters with the story." [10] See also [ edit ] Loved by adults and children, parents and grandparents, also suitable for schools, grief centers and counsellors guy says Death is envious of Life and I like the idea that they were kind of companions, in sort of conflict a lot Few readers could fail to be impressed in one way or another, by this outstanding book. It’s haunting and it’s hopeful. What more could anyone ask of great literature?Soft Philosophical" (ปรัชาสายนุ่มนวล) เป็นหนังสือที่บอกเล่าถึงสัจธรรมแห่งการจากลาและความตายได้อย่างอบอุ่นและอ่อนโยน ลายเส้นก็ดูสะอาดตา มีความละมุนและเรียบง่าย การออกแบบตัวละครก็ไม่ได้มีความซับซ้อนใดๆ โดยเฉพาะตัวละครที่ชื่อว่า "ความตาย" ที่ไม่ได้ดูน่าหวาดกลัวหวาดหวั่น กลับทำให้รู้สึก "ธรรมดา" เสียด้วยซ้ำ ราวกับผู้เขียนพยายามบอกว่า แท้จริงแล้ว ความตายไม่ได้หน้าตาน่ากลัวอย่างที่คิดด้วยซ้ำ

just the other side of the coin. Hasn’t he got the most endearing face? Do you think of him as a he? Wolf Erlbruch was a German Illustrator, writer and Academic. He was born on June 30, 1948, in Wuppertal, Germany. He attended the Folkwang Hochschule (1967-1974) and studied graphic design. As a student he worked in advertising. He also worked as an illustrator for magazines, which included Stern and Esquire. In 1985, he illustrated, Der Adler, der nicht fliegen wollte by James Aggrey. He continued to write and illustrate many books. He is best known for his illustrations in, The Story of Little Mole Who Knew It Was None of His Business by Werner Holzwarth. Erlbruch was a professor at several universities, Fachhochschule Düsseldorf (1990-1997), University of Wuppertal (starting in 1997), and Folkwang University of the Arts (2009-2011). He received many awards and honors for his work. He received the 2006 Hans Christian Anderson Award. He was given the 2014 E. O. Plauen Prize. In 2017, he was presented the Astrid Lindgren Memorial Award. Wolf Erlbruch died on December 11, 2022. He was 74. I used the story this fall in discussions with undergraduate students. I also read it with my fourteen-year-old son and it led to a conversation about whether we would live forever if we could choose to do so. He said that he thought if we didn’t have death we’d have “no incentive to do anything” and that it would be hard to get older and weaker and never die. I asked him what he would do if he could choose to live forever at a certain age and stay that age always. We agreed that without change life would seem lifeless. We then talked about what happens when you die, whether the body’s death means the end of all consciousness and whether it’s possible that there are planes of existence beyond our ability to imagine.This is a large-size picture book with an equally big heart. Its author/illustrator won the 2006 Hans Christian Andersen Award for illustration. In the jury citation he was described as `one of the great innovators and experimenters of contemporary children’s book illustration. Sometimes simple and elemental, at other times dense and intricate, he is always playful, humorous and philosophical.’. This is the final installment of Aprils’s My Take/Your Take. To follow the whole conversation, start with Cry, Heart, but Never Break, followed by What’s Your Story? and Samira and the Skeletons. array(9) { At the moment Older Brother, Little Brother and I are in the middle of an intense week of rehearsals for the Ryedale Festival’s Community Opera (in North Yorkshire, UK) – this year’s production is a modernised version of the 15th Century English morality play Everyman by Em Whitfield Brookes and Tim Brookes. In a nutshell, it is about Death sent by God to summon Everyman, who is not at all ready, spiritually, to meet his Maker.

With great economy of words and minimalist yet enormously expressive illustrations, Erlbruch conveys the quiet ease that develops between the two as they relax into an unlikely camaraderie. Lenteren, Pjotr van (18 January 2008). "Een dode eend, een verlepte tulp en een extravagante hoed voor de koningin". de Volkskrant . Retrieved 8 May 2012. The second thing the reader notices is the extraordinary courage of the book – the uncluttered nature of its graphics, the uncompromising excellence of its design and production and its honest message that `Death is always with us’. I appreciate that this book presents death as a normal part of life. I repeat—normal! Simple. Real. An ending. Both pathos and wry humor. I could see using it as a book club selection; also as a way into discussions about dying and death with family members, even children.Explaining the topic of death in a way that is honest, lightly philosophical and with gentle humour, this enchanting book has been translated into multiple languages, adapted into an animated movie and short film and performed on stages worldwide. I guess the big question for anyone before they read this, is what is the philosophical conclusion of this book if it is not heaven or hell? Give it a read and it might give you something to consider as you take one more step towards the inevitable. Loved by adults and children, parents and grandparents, also suitable for schools, grief centres and counsellors Me lo sono dovuto annotare, qua, per archiviarlo a lungo termine in questa memoria digitale che è il mio giornale di lettura e, quindi, per tangenza, un diario di vita. Ente, Tod und Tulpe: Andrea Simon stellt Tanzfilm vor". Hofheimer Zeitung. 18 November 2011. Archived from the original on 1 August 2012 . Retrieved 8 May 2012.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment