276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Ready to Die

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

A2: Contains sample from " Just To Get A Rep" by Gangstarr, written by Keith Elam, published by Almo/Irving. Courtesy of Chrysalis Music.

Best Hip-Hop Albums of All Time". ThoughtCo. Archived from the original on April 5, 2015 . Retrieved July 11, 2017. The Greatest Hip-Hop Albums of All Time". MTV. Archived from the original on September 5, 2012 . Retrieved July 11, 2017. CDs You Must Own Before You Die: Hip-Hop". Blender. Vol.2, no.3. New York: Dennis Publishing Ltd. April 2003. p.90. ISSN 1534-0554.American album certifications – Notorious B.I.G. – Ready to Die". Recording Industry Association of America. a b Trammell, Matthew (March 9, 2017). "The Notorious B.I.G.: Ready to Die". Pitchfork. Archived from the original on March 9, 2017 . Retrieved March 9, 2017. Ultratop.be – The Notorious B.I.G. – Ready to Die" (in French). Hung Medien. Retrieved October 17, 2021.

a b Shortie (October 1994). "The Notorious B.I.G.: Ready to Die". The Source. No.61. New York. p.79. The Notorious B.I.G. – Ready to Die". Uncut. No.90. London. November 2004. p.128. Archived from the original on September 29, 2006 . Retrieved June 18, 2020. The album was released with a cover depicting an infant resembling the artist, though sporting an afro, which pertains to the album's concept of the artist's life from birth to his death. It has been listed as among the best album covers in hip hop. [6] Lawsuits and sample removal [ edit ] The Notorious B.I.G. Chart History (Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums)". Billboard. Retrieved October 10, 2013. Williams, Todd "Stereo" (September 13, 2019). "Notorious B.I.G.'s 'Ready To Die' Changed the Course of Hip-Hop History 25 Years Ago". Billboard . Retrieved October 19, 2023.Lopez, Julyssa (June 7, 2022). "The 200 Greatest Hip-Hop Albums of All Time". Rolling Stone . Retrieved July 4, 2022.

Canada's Top 200 R&B; albums of 2001". Jam!. Archived from the original on September 6, 2004 . Retrieved March 25, 2022. Ready to Die shipped 57,000 units in its first week of release. [32] However, it was then certified Gold by the RIAA only two months after its release on November 15, 1994. on October 16, 1995, only a year and one month after its release the album was certified double Platinum. [22] Ready to Die was then certified triple Platinum on August 26, 1998, and was later certified 4× Platinum by the RIAA on October 19, 1999. In April 2018, Ready to Die was certified 6 × Platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA). British album certifications – Notorious B.I.G. – Ready to Die". British Phonographic Industry . Retrieved January 22, 2020. Select albums in the Format field. Select Platinum in the Certification field. Type Ready to Die in the "Search BPI Awards" field and then press Enter. Originally released on 13th September 1994, Ready To Die is the debut studio album from hip-hop legend, The Notorious B.I.G. Upon release, the album was met with widespread critical acclaim, with Pitchfork giving it a 10/10 rating along with various other critics praising it for its brutally honest depiction of gang violence and conflict as opposed to the often-glorified portrayal in the genre and the wider media. The album has cemented its place in hip-hop history and has since gone on to achieve 6x platinum certification in the US, selling over 3.5 million copies, and has achieved platinum status in the UK as well.

B3: Contains sample from " I Get Lifted" by George McCray, written by H.W. Casey, published by Sherilyn Publishing/Windswept. Courtesy of 3 Deep Records/Rhino Records. Moon, Tom (2008). "The Notorious B.I.G. – Ready to Die". 1,000 Recordings to Hear Before You Die. Workman Publishing Company. pp.555–556. ISBN 978-0-7611-3963-8. Steve Huey from AllMusic gave it five stars, stating "The album that reinvented East Coast rap for the gangsta age, Ready to Die made the Notorious B.I.G. a star. Today it's recognized as one of the greatest hardcore rap albums ever recorded, and that's mostly due to Biggie's skill as a storyteller". [16] In 2006, Time magazine included it on their 100 Greatest Albums of All Time list, and stated "On Ready to Die, Wallace took his street corner experiences and filtered them through his considerable charm. The result was a record that mixed long stretches of menace with romance and lots of humor. No rapper ever made multi-syllabic rhymes sound as smooth". [40] The album was also included in the book 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die. [41] Accolades [ edit ]

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment