276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Harley Quinn Black + White + Red

£6.425£12.85Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I also didn’t care so much for Leah William’s Harley voice. It sounded more on the side of “edgy, crude” Harley. DC needs to decide what Harley’s personality really is. I would recommend that the “cute but villainess” Harley would have the most broad appeal. During my time reviewing at Batman News, I’ve given most comics scores of about 6 or lower. That’s because, quite simply, I don’t think most comics released today even manage to be of average quality. I’m especially harsh on Harley comics. The problems DC has with writing her character run very deep and seem to be never ending in mainstream comics. DC editorial seems not to care about doing anything to remedy the situation. (This is disheartening to me since Harley Quinn is supposed to be my favorite character). Whether you're hoping to put together an elaborate costume or something simple and last-minute, then there's a Harley Quinn-inspired idea out there for you, and we've rounded up all the best.

His name is Red Tool, and he wants to prove his love for Harley…by murdering people, kidnapping her and trying to force her to marry him!David Mandel: I moved out to LA in ’95, and I went to work on Seinfeld. I think (we met) that year or later that year. When you’re done creating your shape, layer matching eyeshadow over your base to set the look. You might also find it easier to blend any harsh smudges out with your powder shadows. Usually, when I read a book of short stories (each be a different writer, artist, or creative team), I find usually prefer the teams closest to the way I see the character. With Harley's psychosis/multiple personalities, I can see every version being true to character. She continuously produces cover work for Marvel Comics, DC Comics and an assortment of independent titles. As to the stories themselves, I enjoy the ones that I actually read with care, these stories are humorous with a few fresh ideas here and there e.g. Harley Quinn and Catwoman all dressed up pretty and become fashion icons (or do they really?), Harley as a working girl, having business meetings with the Legion of Doom and the henchmen actually has an workers' union? Great! I like the story with Harley battling her way through the Hip Hop street battle version of the Riddler, Huntress, Bane, Two Face and last but not least, Scarface and Joker! You know how much I love when Scarface shows up! Plus the Goth.I.Am... or should I say, the Hip Hop version of Bruce Wayne/Batman is great too. LOL

We lost an insanely entertaining dynamic when DC banned Harley and Joker. Joker lost the only partner that ever worked with him and showed a different side of him. Harley Quinn lost what made her unique and so relatable to so many people. And I have to say, given the low sales of all of Harley’s subsequent “independent hero” work, I have to wonder if people really like who Harley is sans Joker, or if they just like the *idea* of her independence. Through this story, we get a natural and HONEST exploration of the matter of Harley trying to make up for her mistakes from the past. Gordon is portrayed very much in character as someone who would have a hard time ever forgiving Harley. Harley, however, is portrayed as someone who is going to have an even harder time ever forgiving herself. Hello? Is that character depth I see for Harley Quinn? Finally?!? The first story in this book features Harley dragging Ivy on a snowy quest to the Fortress of Solitude. Harley is hoping to loot the place. What I liked about this story is that I could instantly recognize that the character I was reading about WAS Harley! She wants to rob places! She’s childish without being an actual child! The banter between her and Ivy – who is portrayed as her exasperated friend here rather than her doe-eyed girlfriend – was also fun. It reminded me of just how changed the characters have become in recent years just to facilitate their new romantic relationship.

To my surprise, this is ANOTHER good Harley story! I was a little bit concerned when I saw the very exaggerated facial expressions on Harley, that she would be written very obnoxiously in the story. I was wrong, though. Like Kelly Thompson, Brett and Stein nail Harley’s voice and personality! This book actually started really well. At first I was wary of Red Tool, a very thinly-veiled Deadpool pastiche (but Rob Liefeld assures us Deadpool wasn't lifted from any coincidentally similar DC characters) and was worried it would just be cheap shots at DC's chief rival. However, Red Tool is so convincingly written and makes such a good foil for Harley's own brand of comedic mayhem that it genuinely got me wishing to see a real crossover between Miss Quin and the Merc with the Mouth. Despite my blasting the last story, I will say that it was nice to read a Harley book where I could recognize that I was reading Harley Quinn. Noticeably, every writer so far has chosen to write Harley as a villain here. That shows how people are still viewing the character apart from editorial constraints. However, we can still see the confusion about who Harley is even supposed to be as a character. We can also see that DC just doesn’t have the greatest pool of writers to pull from right now. Mandel: They asked me to do a holiday story and I thought I would do a Hanukkah story, because those are few and far between. I figured, who better to explain Hanukkah than Harley? In talking to Paul, he reminded me that she’s half-Jewish and once I had that, I was off to the races. As we all know, nothing says the holidays like a good Hanukkah story in June. Chad Hardin's art is serviceable but I've a feeling he's probably a dependable guy who turns in work on time. Elsa Charretier, the penciler who closes out the collection, is absolutely a cut above.

Wow, I owe Kelly Thompson a BIG apology! She got a lot of hate for including Harley in her upcoming Birds of Prey run, and I was with that dissenting opinion. However, I am so pleased to say that she writes Harley better than anyone I’ve read in years! This is just a silly story where Harley is desperate to defeat Robin in a pet show with her hyenas, Bud and Lou. Harley definitely comes off as over-bearing and selfish. As someone who is trying so desperately to win something, but keeps falling on her face, however, we can feel some sympathy for her in the midst of her ridiculousness. Striking the right balance between silly, villainess, and slightly sympathetic? That sounds like Harley Quinn to me! I’ve reviewed and read so many bad Harley comics, I started to think no one could write the character anymore. I now see that the people who know how to write the character are RIGHT HERE! They just have to be given more of a chance. Amanda’s work can also be seen outside the comic book community in such places as ABC’S Nightline, the New York Times, Mad Magazine, the new sci-fi Stan lee “So You Want to be a Superhero” series and the upcoming Disney Underdog movie character designs for film and television, character designs for the Los Angeles Avengers stadium football team and is featured in a Biography magazine commercial on A&E. Amanda does spot illustrations in “Revolver” magazine each month and has had a huge success with the JSA Powergirl miniseries in previous years, each issue going into 3rd printings.Harley Quinn is the super villain of DC Comics. The psychologist who was originally appointed to treat The Joker was attracted by the crazy personality of the Joker and became a patient obsessed with him. Harley Quinn is a violent and unpredictable felon because the clown's cruel and capricious nature makes Harley Quinn another victim of him in a sense. After The Suicide Squad premieres worldwide, it remains to be seen what's next for Harley. Robbie has said that she'd love to play Harley again, while Gunn has stated he'd love to make a solo Harley Quinn film. The future of Harley Quinn in the DCEU may be a mystery at this point, but there's no doubt that she'll return to the big screen one way or another, likely with a big gun in hand. Da notare che la storia di Sejic è collegata al suo Harleen e quella di Murphy al suo Cavaliere Bianco (che poi la storia sta anche dentro il volume Panini "Batman cavaliere bianco presenta: Harley Quinn", ma vabè). One of the biggest problems, if not the biggest problem with Harley today, is that writers at DC have forgotten what her voice is supposed to sound like. They just write her as a generic, loud, gross, looney tune. Other writers attempt to do Harley’s traditional voice, but still make it a little too grating, and therefore, fail at the comedy. Kelly Thompson NAILS Harley’s traditional voice – the voice she’s supposed to have – perfectly! She also handles the comedy of the character well! Getting It All Right

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment