276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Miracle Rice - Shirataki, Konjac (150g)

£8.4£16.80Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This recipe is wonderful and I like the taste and texture better than cauliflower rice. However, at the end of the cooking process when the rice starts popping a lot of it pops right out of my pan and ends up on my stove! Does the same thing happen to you and do you have a secret for keeping this from happening?

The price of rice is half what it used to be before the Green Revolution. In the 1980s, 50% of the population in Asia was hungry. Now, it is 12%,” said Dr. Gurdev Singh Khush, one of the scientists who developed the miracle rice. You can also get konjac rice in noodle form. The most popular brands of konjac noodles are skinny noodles and miracle noodle brands. They make a fantastic substitute for traditional noodles or pasta on keto. Robert F. Chandler, IRRI’s first director, in 1960, assembled a team of scientists with a singular mission—to develop high-yielding rice varieties. They knew that the architecture of the tropical rice plant was the main constraint to any significant yield increase. Traditional rice varieties are tall, with long, weak stems. When a farmer fertilizes a tall plant, it “lodges,” or falls over. So, they needed to create a shorter rice plant!Essentially, you’ll follow the same steps as you would to turn a head of cauliflower into rice. Just make sure you shave off the knobs from the broccoli stem before processing. This recipe requires almost zero prep, sliced scallions are the only thing that’s not already prepared. You can substitute ground beef or another thinly sliced steak if you don’t want to use steak umms but I have a soft spot for this nostalgic frozen product.Trader Joe’s has a fresh thinly sliced Ribeye that is fantastic as a higher quality option. With the help of these keto-friendly options, you can make virtually any of your favorite rice-based dishes, including:

Very good question! In my opinion, Shirataki has a bland, neutral taste which makes it perfect for as a blank canvas for any recipe sauce you’d like to use it for. It’s a bit on the chewy side but it helps with my rice cravings so buy it quite often. Ingredients needed Serve immediately with optional parsley to garnish or let the rice cool and store covered in the fridge for up to 4 days. Does Miracle Rice Taste Like Rice? A serving of miracle rice contains 30 calories, 3g in carbs, and 3g of fiber. Some brands even have zero calories! Do not freeze shirataki rice – It changes texture when frozen, so do not freeze any konjac made products!Yes you can. I recommend cooking the rice, let cool, and store in an airtight container in the fridge. It should last 3-4 days. Can you freeze shirataki rice? I prefer to use them up. They don’t take time to make and have one or two portions per bag. Unopened Konjac noodles can be stored in your pantry as it’s shelf stable but can also store in the refrigerator if that’s your preference. An assortment of problems continue to plague our agricultural sector today. With all the talk about the Green Revolution, was it nothing more than a massive failure? Though shirataki rice or miracle rice is still fairly new to the Western culinary world, it has been a part of the Asian diet for nearly 2000 years. The rice is prepared from a flour that is obtained from a root(like a potato) called the konnyaku and is from the Konjac plant. The konnyaku flour is also known as "glucomannan. Shirataki Rice Popular?

Tofu noodles. Similar to shirataki noodles, these are typically a combination of tofu and glucomannan (the fiber found in konjac root). This yields a much more pleasant, less crunchy low-carb noodle. Once the moisture is removed and when you start hearing the rice popping sound, add the cooking oil and seasonings that you prefer using. Though you wouldn't want to eat riced cabbage raw, "as cabbage cooks, its bitterness reduces and its flavor becomes milder, which makes it a nice addition to many dishes,” says Lewis. Miracle rice is available in most health food stores or online. You may also see it called “shirataki rice,” “slim rice,” or “konjac rice” as well. There are some that have better consistencies than others, so shop around and try a few different brands to see which fit your tastes more.Sauté steak until about halfway cooked then add cauliflower, scallion, mushrooms and drained and rinsed miracle rice. Continue cooking for about 4 minutes until cauliflower and mushrooms are softened. Both red and green cabbage are keto-friendly options, with green cabbage having a slightly lower net carb count: Similar to Miracle Rice, Better Than Rice is made from purified water and organic konjac flour, but also adds organic oat fiber to the mix.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment