276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Leading With the Heart: Coach K's Successful Strategies for Basketball, Business, and Life

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Swifties Threaten To Boycott Netflix When 'Taylor Swift: The Reputation Stadium Tour' Is Removed Next Month: "Does Netflix Realize How Many People Are Going To Cancel Their Subscription?" Mike Krzyzewski: The person who has inspired me my whole life is my Mom, because she taught me commitment. She sacrificed. We weren’t dirt poor, but we weren’t real rich or anything. I would always have what I needed, and when I looked in her closet, she would have two dresses. She taught me to be outside of yourself, to get outside of yourself, and to be committed to somebody. That’s the same thing that I try to teach. Mike Krzyzewski: I did. It may sound so arrogant — not that I thought I was better — but I felt that the game couldn’t start unless I organized it, or that it wasn’t going to be run as well. It sounds arrogant, but I really believed that. I would try to impose my will in those settings, because I found that if you didn’t, people would just stand around and do nothing.

Notable. A helpful and/or enlightening book that stands out by at least one aspect, e.g. is particularly well structured. When they go on that court, even though I’m coaching them, they’re alone out there. They’re in their underwear. I mean, they wear short and they’re exposed. They have to know that they can do it. Am I there for them? Yes, but they have to know that they do it. I tell them that. “I’m impressed with how you can do that.” He served as an officer in the army from 1969-1974. In 1980, Krzyzewski was made head coach of Duke University‘s basketball team.

More on this topic

Mike Krzyzewski: Yes, to get them moving. I didn’t like just standing and not doing anything. I needed to be doing something. That’s why sport was so good. That’s why basketball was so good, because I didn’t really need you or anyone else to play it. It would be better if we played four-on-four or five-on-five, but I could go out there alone. I wouldn’t just practice my shooting, I would play a whole game in my mind. I didn’t need anyone else, and at least I’d be doing something.

As the brief snippets from Coach K's videos in The Bear season 2 hint, Sydney learns through his books and lectures that in times of extreme pressure, a team should continue grinding while keeping composure. She also absorbs that true leadership comes from failing and understanding what may or may not work. Out of all the lessons from the book, the one that seemingly holds the most importance in Sydney's arc is Coach K's emphasis on being a good listener and thoughtful communicator. In The Bear season 2's finale, when they finally open their restaurant, Sydney's efforts into honing her leadership skills through Coach K's lessons finally pay off. Here Coach K’s strategic concepts come alive with stories and examples. Among them are: thoughts about purity equaling innocence equaling enjoyment of the game in and of itself; inclusion of his teams into his family, teaching his players not only about basketball but strategies about how to win in life, sometimes with such simple tools as time management, setting priorities, and asking for help. For ease of reading and remembering, each chapter ends with its main lessons learned: “Coach K’s Tips.” Stream It Or Skip It: 'A Nearly Normal Family' On Netflix, Where A Family's Secrets Come Out When The Daughter Is Accused Of Murder Stream It Or Skip It: 'Doctor Who' "The Star Beast" on Disney+, A Doctor/Donna Reunion Dripping in NostalgiaGeneral Rogers eventually became the Chief of Army Staff and Supreme Allied Commander in Europe and Mike not only played but also coached basketball. Describing a formula to make any team great, Coach K spells five fundamental qualities: communication, mutual trust, collective responsibility, caring and pride. I think in the pursuit of a championship or, when you have that exceptional team, it's not one moment," Coach K told Esquire in October. "A lot of times you're having a ball getting over an obstacle. Having a rough time. When you figure it out, then it leads to something more. And the relationships that I've had with my coaches, the guys on my staff, the guys on the team, and where they are at now. So, the friendships and relationships that have developed—those are better than any just one moment." In alongitudinal study, Barsade and O’Neill found that employees working in a compassionate culture showed higher levels of job satisfaction and teamwork, organizational commitment, accountability on the job, and lower levels of absenteeism.

Taylor Swift Made A Surprise Appearance On ‘Dancing With The Stars’ For This Week’s "Eras" Themed Night: “Sending You Guys All My Love” In high school, in sport, I had a coach who told me I was much better than I thought I was, and would make me do more in a positive sense. He was the first person who taught me not to be afraid of failure. He’d tell me to shoot 25 times a game, and I’d say, “No, I can’t do that, everyone will hate me.”“You do it.” And even though I didn’t do that all the time, he kept pushing me to be better. If success or talent were on floors, maybe I saw myself on the fifth floor. He always saw me on the twentieth floor. As a result, I climbed more floors when I was with him. I’ve tried to use that in my way of teaching. He even helped me choose West Point to go to school, where I was afraid of that. He felt that that would give me many more floors in my building, and he was right.In his book, Mike has written about how to build any team, establish discipline, develop leadership qualities and team work ethics, how to turn negatives into positives, how to react to crises, and how to develop character of the players. why hasn't it taken it to the next level? Either in the NBA or by beating Coach Dean or Wooden in the statistics arena? What I’m able to do is bring in kids who want to do something besides play basketball. To me, that adds depth to them. They passionately want to be good basketball players, and play on a championship level team, but they also have another passion, whether it be business, law, medicine or engineering. I like that.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment