276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Wilson US Open Tennis Balls

£8.11£16.22Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I think people underestimate how mental and strategic the sport is, so they don't understand how big of a difference it is.

Sandpaper is used to clean and buff the half-shell seam's surface. To prepare shells for molding into a core, adhesive is then applied to the seam. Jessica Pegula, the US No 1, believes they yield more errors: “I feel like the first couple weeks there are a lot of double faults, because the balls are just kind of flying a bit more,” she said. Iga Swiatek was only half-joking when declaring “you’ve just started a war” at the Western and Southern Open earlier this month. Wilson Tennis Balls, namely US Open tennis balls are a monumental product in the tennis industry. Legends such as Roger Federer and Serena Williams play with the Wilson Open tennis Ball at the US grand slam. The flushing meadows grand slam places tougher demands on a tennis ball than any other tennis tournament in the world. The Wilson US Open ball has been the ball of choice at the US Open since 1978 giving it a formidable reputation as being one of the most durable tennis balls on the circuit.

Novak Djokovic has held talks with ATP chiefs on big topic amid player complaints

I have played with both of the balls as I played mixed doubles with the men’s ball and the lighter ball for the singles,” said four-time US Open champion Martina Navratilova on Sky Sports.

Other players on tour are relatively easy-going on the matter. “I’m fine with it,” said Coco Gauff. “Whatever the majority wants, I’m cool with it.” The father of Greece's Stefanos Tsitsipas has often been caught trying to coach his son, most notably at this year's Australian Open, where an umpire was stationed underneath his box to catch any comments. questionnaire given to players at the Australian Open revealed this truth – when asked which brand they French Open runner-up Coco Gauff said she could "definitely tell there's a difference" when it came to using the US Open balls.I’m personally not a huge fan. I don’t see why we couldn’t switch to extra duty. I played with them when I’m at home or when I can’t find any balls. They just don’t fly as much. But it’s easier said than done, so hopefully the player council can work on that.” Whenever I open a new can of the Wilson US Open ball, it gives me a great feeling of certainty and joy. Knowing it is the best ball in the game, with great control and feel – I just love it.” -Patrik Kuhnen Wilson: The tennis ball goes through three different compression mould phases – the first to mould the half-shell, the second to mould and pressurize the core, and the third to adhere the felt. Selecting the felt is where a lot of the play characteristics come from. There is an incredible amount of technology that goes into the entire production process, from felt to core. Once we have a concept and have gone through the processes of making a tennis ball- we are continually testing – existing and new concepts – we are always trying to learn and improve. This is a big change from Head’s ATP outing since that ball is excellent for more methodical match players and feels like it’s been designed to create spin where a player has imparted none. Dunlop’s ATP Championship ball is one of the best balls if you like to hit big and play flat shots. Most of all, it’s well balanced. Using this ball against a slower, more defensive player won’t give you an unfair advantage, and spins can still throw a real spanner in the works. These are super-consistent for about five hours on carpet and hard court, but when they die, they go extremely flat and they don’t bounce—they roll.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment