276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Logitech G POWERPLAY Wireless Charging Mouse Pad, Cloth and Hard Gaming Mouse Pad Included, USB-Connection, RGB Lighting, Compatible with G502 LIGHTSPEED, G PRO Wireless & SUPERLIGHT, G903, G703

£45£90Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The only downside to these pads is their size. This is especially noticeable if you like to play on low sensitivities with a cloth pad in games like CSGO. If you play on medium-to-low sensitivity the mats will probably be big enough, but if you’re an ultra-low sens player they might be too small for you.

With this arrangement, the Logitech G903 can pull a constant current of electricity to both power its operation and recharge its internal batteries. Not only that, the PowerPlay mat comes equipped with a wireless receiver that connects with your mouse, so you won’t need to occupy another USB port for a separate dongle – which you can instead plug into a laptop. Some will argue that optical sensors are better than five-year-old laser technology, meanwhile, on paper Razer has a leg up on the sensitivity department. Ultimately, though, after using both mice for a week at the same time, we can confidently say they’re both equally as accurate and reliable.One cool feature that I didn’t previously know about is that the PowerPlay’s RGB logo automatically syncs to in-game events in certain games, thanks to the G Hub Software. For example, in CSGO I noticed that whenever I died the logo would turn red. Comfort This is where Logitech’s G PowerPlay charging system comes in: a mouse mat that charges your compatible wireless mouse without you having to lift a finger. It charged my Superlight from 13% battery to 90% in about four hours. But remember, charging speed doesn’t really matter with the PowerPlay, since the idea is that you never have to ‘put it on’ or ‘take it off’ charge – just leave it on the mouse pad and it will always be fine. It keeps my mouse consistently between 80% and 90% charge. That being said, Powerplay is one of the most forward-thinking technologies I’ve seen in years. Logitech’s been pushing wireless hard for a while now, with better batteries, better sensors, better response times, and so on. Powerplay feels like the last piece of the puzzle, the tipping point where wireless truly starts to replace wired.

That said, as convenient as the PowerPlay is, it isn’t going to get the Logitech G903 fully charged in a jiffy. Going from 0% battery to a full charge with your mouse on the PowerPlay would take between 12 and 14 hours, by Logitech’s estimate.Logitech’s PowerPlay mouse pad is expensive, but for the price you get a quality-of-life improvement that’s constantly appreciated. No more rushing to charge your mouse as it hits 1% battery mid-game, and no more rooting around for your charging cable. Just leave your mouse and let PowerPlay handle everything for you.

Logitech makes some of the best wireless gaming mice on the market, but despite significant improvements to battery life technology, charging them can still be a pain. PowerPlay uses Logitech’s LIGHTSPEED technology, which it defines as an “end-to-end wireless solution that delivers low-latency and reliable performance”. This bold claim certainly bore out in my testing of previous LIGHTSPEED connection products like Logitech’s G Pro X Superlight and G502 Lightspeed mice, and its G435 Lightspeed headset. Let’s take a look at exactly what you’re getting with the PowerPlay pad, and whether it’s worth such an admittedly steep price. What is Logitech’s G PowerPlay Charging System? Once the base is plugged in, your chosen mouse pad surface is applied, and Powercore is inserted, that’s it. You’re ready to go. The wireless receiver for the G703 or G903 is embedded in the Powerplay base, so there’s no need for a second dongle. You don’t even need to pair the mouse manually the first time—whichever one you power on and set on the mouse pad, works. IDG / Hayden Dingman

Mouse Pad Surface

The Logitech G903 might be a wireless gaming mouse, but it feels as seamless as a wired one. That’s no small feat, and that’s all thanks to the same Lightspeed Wireless technology that was also in the G900. We never experienced any latency or loss if signal despite using the peripheral in an office saturated with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and every other type of wireless signal. Whichever you choose, you simply lay it down atop the base. The base is rubberized, so your chosen surface shouldn’t slip around—I’ve tried, and at least with the cloth, it’s pretty much impossible under normal conditions. Nope. As advertised, the G903 has cycled between 80 and 95 percent battery, discharging and recharging to keep the battery healthy but otherwise staying “fully charged.” After about a week you stop thinking about it. It helps that Logitech’s wireless mice are damn good, too. They wake and are ready to go within milliseconds of being shaken, and I’ve never noticed a single stutter or even a hint of interference (in my signal-noisy city apartment). Like many gamers I’m traditionally skeptical of wireless mice, but Logitech’s shaken me of those concerns. Wallet strainer

I’ve been using the cloth surface. Hard surfaces have less friction, which can be better for rapid movements and put less strain on your wrist, but…well, I just prefer cloth. It’s softer, it’s quieter, and it’s (marginally) more precise. It’s ultimately a matter of personal preference, and therefore smart of Logitech to include both options. Expensive. Proprietary. Limited choices. These are all real hurdles for Logitech to overcome. Bottom lineThe G PowerPlay charging system connects to your PC via a 6ft standard USB cable, and it then connects to your mouse to charge it wirelessly – think of it like a giant dongle and charging station. Logitech’s G Pro PowerPlay does exactly what it says on the box, and it does it flawlessly. Using it means you never again have to worry about charging your compatible wireless mouse. And you never have to worry about dodgy wireless connectivity, because LIGHTSPEED technology feels just as good as wired technology. You’re not getting anything revolutionary with the PowerPlay system’s comfort, at least as far as its included mouse pads are concerned. But you don’t need revolutionary comfort, rather just something that is known to work, and that’s what you get with its altered G440 and G240 pads. The charging pad underneath is unnoticeable, so comfort comes down to the mouse pads themselves. Edit - After 2 months i finally have it working. I guess it was just in a usb port that doesn't supply enough power so it wouldn't charge. Got it working after replugging in my mat to a different port while redoing my setup. So try a different usb port like 3.0 or a one that can change the amount of power

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment