276°
Posted 20 hours ago

TUG! Family Board Game - The Tug of War Trivia Quiz Game | Best Fun Party Games for Adults, Kids & Teens | Perfect for Game Night | Funny Travel & Couples Game

£9.985£19.97Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

While I appreciate that a large number of gamers out there love this two-player historic board game, Watergate just doesn’t seem to be the right fit for me and my wife. Evidence collected is played onto the board. The Editor places evidence face up trying to create a connected path of evidence tokens between two face-up witnesses and Nixon who is in the centre of the board. The Nixon player places evidence tokens face down trying to stop The Editor from connecting witnesses. Watergate plays with two players and two players only, with games lasting anywhere from fifteen minutes to an hour. Most of the games I played lasted closer to twenty to thirty minutes. Or the Star Realms Starter Set Bundle with Star Realms, Colony Wars and Frontiers https://amzn.to/3uffjNa In Watergate one player takes on the role of the Nixon administration while another plays the Washington Press. The goal of the Washington Press is to connect two witnesses, by a chain of evidence, to Nixon. The Nixon player’s goal is to build enough momentum to stay in office before that happens. All of this plays out through a card-driven tug of war style mechanic.

Some of these cards will allow players to place witness markers on the board. Placing these markers and later connecting two of them with evidence tokens is how the editor wins. When placing witnesses, the Nixon player places them face down, making that witness unavailable to the Editor for that game.

Sharing is Caring

Overall while I was impressed by the mechanics and concept of Watergate I just didn’t find it all that fun. While the tug of war mechanic is an interesting concept, I just didn’t find it all that engaging. The entire game is much more abstract than I expected and despite having a really strong theme, there wasn’t a lot here that made me feel like I was either trying to connect evidence and build a case or trying to prevent the other player from doing that.

In this episode, we each share the top ten items from our 2023 Holiday Wishlists. Some practical and others, not so much. Don't be confused by the name. While it shares a title with the 2006 video game, Tomb Raider Legends: The Board Game is entirely its own beast. It casts you in what sounds like a Lara Croft fever dream after she's been on an all-night bender; although there are the obligatory traps and dinosaurs as she hunts down a mysterious artefact (just another day at the office, in other words), she'll also need to face… herself. No, not in a self-reflective sort of way. I mean that literally. Each player controls a different version of Lara from the character's long history, and every one of you will battle it out to decide who the real Tomb Raider is once and for all. As such, it's hardly what you'd call the best cooperative board game. This is every Lara for herself. No honor among thieves Each card can be played for its value or its action. Every card shows a number in the top left under which one or more of the three evidence colours will be shown. In addition, each card has a text action on it. Players can use each card for only one of these two things each time it is played. The gameplay is pretty simple despite these high stakes, though. All you need to do is grab the artefact and hotfoot it over the finish line before your opponents. TUG proudly wears the badge of a new family game, offering a travel-friendly trivia quiz experience that accommodates 2-20 players. Developed by the creators of the award-winning CONFIDENT?, TUG brings the same level of entertainment in an easily transportable format.It's fine once you've gotten your head around the mechanics themselves, but that's not really the point - the journey there is a struggle. Overall - should you buy the Tomb Raider board game? The first thing that grabs your attention is the innovative game box itself. As it unfolds, a mini tug of war arena materializes, complete with a suspended rope and a flag. The attention to detail in crafting this portable battleground is fun, immediately setting the stage for a family favourite game. To start a game the board is placed between the two players. Players take their personal momentum cards and place them beside the board. Then they shuffle their twenty remaining cards. The initiative card is placed beside the board and it starts facing The Press. All of the evidence tokens are placed into the bag. The witness tokens are left beside the board.

The only thing you'll get more enjoyment from is giggling at what I'm 90% certain is cheeky innuendo In conclusion, TUG stands out as a brilliant board game that seamlessly combines physical and mental challenges. From its innovative arena setup to its escalating gameplay, TUG delivers a gaming experience that is as entertaining as it is unique. Whether you’re a seasoned board game enthusiast or a family looking for a new addition to your game night repertoire, TUG is a must-try. So, assemble your Tug Teams and get ready for a battle of wits and strength that will leave everyone eagerly awaiting the next round. Are you looking for a new board game for all the family to play together? TUG emerges as a delightful addition, this is a two-team battle that brilliantly combines brains and brawn. From its unique setup to its engaging mechanics, TUG offers a refreshing take on the classic tug of war, creating an arena of entertainment inside its very box.

More info

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment