276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Parent Agency

£3.495£6.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

He decided to miss out Numbers 8 and 9 - ‘Not being glamorous’ and ‘Being poor’ - since even in his rage he knew that they might just sound a bit too horrible out loud, especially as loud as he was speaking now. Somehow, with the help of his heroes Bond and Messi, he's whisked away to a land where parents don't have children as a right, but have to beg, bribe or plead their way to a family, and he feels things are going his way at last.

Ask kids to come up with their own Parent Agency lists, and try to debunk them – playing devil’s advocate can be fun! Jake, Lucas and Taj - Barry's friends who work at The Parent Agency in the alternate universe, with Jake 'The Head' of the agency, and Lucas and Taj as PCs (Parent Controllers) 890 and 891. Parents that will let them do anything, get anything, be anything they want, but there’s always a catch. Disclosure: I was sent a copy of 'The Parent Agency'* for review purposes, but the opinions in this post are honest and unbiased. The Parent Agency received positive praise from editorials such as The Guardian [5] and HuffPost UK, [6] while The Independent critiqued it, saying that '[Baddiel] just tries too hard to be funny'.Readers will laugh out loud at the ridiculous situations he gets himself into, the eccentricity of the adults, and the abundance of smelliness, stickiness and general gloopiness.

I will not go into it, so as not to spoil anything for those people who still want to read this book after my downpour of hate onto it, but this book's plot sucks.Barry was secretly quite proud of the throw; his wrist had flicked sharply as he’d released the disc, like an Olympic discus champion. Baddiel will keep young readers entertained with his childish sense of humour, though the unlikeable characters and constant potty humour will drive off older audiences. One of the low points of the book was when i found out he had a list of things he blamed his parents for. Sembra tutto magnifico, visto che la selezione avviene attraverso le richieste di Harry, ma alla fine di ogni prova si accorge che manca qualcosa, quel qualcosa che solo i suoi veri genitori gli hanno saputo dare. Oddly enough, as he moves from home to home, the same people keep turning up in the background, including a man and woman who seem vaguely familiar.

I was worried he would be happy and delighted to find a world where he can ask for any parent and that he would just forget all about his parents. In 2016, Deadline reported that Fox 2000 Pictures had acquired the film rights to The Parent Agency, to be produced by Snowed-In Productions. Our resources are crucial for knowledge lovers everywhere—so if you find all these bits and bytes useful, please pitch in.The parents: Not one of the parents the main character chooses seem to have anything appealing going for them. In the first extract, Barry is planning his birthday party and his younger twin sisters, who he refers to as TSE, The Sisterly Entity, are winding him up with their dad.

Barry is not the first boy in the world to say “I wish I had better parents” but in his case, the third time he says it, there are some quite startling results. All his mates have cool names and even cooler parents, and their tenth birthday parties were amazing.After studying at Haberdashers' Aske's Boys' School in Elstree, he read English at King's College, Cambridge and graduated with a double first. After a slightly wobbly start for me (silly immature jokes and lists), I quickly saw that this was going to turn into an excellent wish-fulfilment adventure for young readers.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment