276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Reincarnationist Papers: A memoir of past lives - the account of Evan Michaels

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Reincarnation and remembering past lives is at the core. There is a secret society and a young man who through this group discovers that he is one of the few that can remember his past lives. The plot line is well done and we witness his and others' experiences over many millenia.

I found Evan's story exciting. Suddenly remembering past lives in his late teens, realizing he can read and write in Bulgarian, Evan goes on to lead a solitary existence until he meets up with Poppy and eventually, the Cognomina. Little did he know, he's not the only one in the world who is a Reincarnationist. For fans of The Matrix and Memento, a twisty, exciting adventure!” Diana Gabaldon, #1 New York Times bestselling author of the Outlander series Mark Wahlberg movie Infinite closes Cardiff road for stunt". BBC News. 21 October 2019. Archived from the original on 2019-10-28 . Retrieved 2019-10-28. Give me a book about reincarnation, I'm going to read it. I believe in reincarnation. I have ever since reading about the possibility of a child's imaginary friend actually being said child's persona in another life. Having had an imaginary friend myself until the age of four or five, I have made it a kind of quest to read as much information about the phenomenon, fiction and non-fiction. D'Alessandro, Anthony (June 28, 2019). "Mark Wahlberg In Talks To Replace Chris Evans In Paramount's 'Infinite' ". Deadline Hollywood. Archived from the original on June 30, 2019 . Retrieved September 21, 2019.What happens to the psyche of a person who has lived (and continues to live) a multitude of lifetimes? Found in Rome twenty years ago, The Reincarnationist Papers follows Evan Michaels, a troubled young man who struggles with having memories from two other lives. Believing that he is the only one in the world burdened with other people's complete memories nearly leads to his self-destruction, until he meets a mysterious woman named Poppy. [3] She understands Evan's struggle because she is exactly like him, only she remembers seven lives. Poppy changes Evan's world forever when she invites him into a centuries-old secret society of 28 others who are like them and he realizes that he is not alone. The Reincarnationists, collectively known as the Cognomina, recall all their past lives and experiences and find one another over and over again in each new incarnation. But to become part of this secretive group, Evan must first prove that he is truly one of them. [4] Characters [ edit ] The high-speed, Fast & Furious-style opening takes place in the Mexican capital in “The Last Life.” A man driving a red Ferrari, later identified as Heinrich Treadway (Dylan O’Brien), zips through the streets with cop cars and other vehicles in pursuit, including one carrying his comrades, Leona (Joana Ribeiro) and Abel (Tom Hughes), who remind him of the importance of keeping “the egg” out of their adversaries’ hands. They have just enough time to reaffirm their love before an assassin blows them to smithereens and Treadway takes a death-defying leap out of his car as it flies off an under-construction bridge. Sure enough, Bathurst ( Chiwetel Ejiofor, in glowering form) turns up at the prison where Evan is being held and starts playing Russian Roulette while quizzing him about his past lives until Nora busts him out with an armored sports car. Another big chase follows with a hailstorm of bullets before she whisks him off in a private jet to an isolated mountain retreat somewhere in Asia, promising to sort out his jumbled memories.

Discovered as three notebooks in an antique store in Rome at the turn of the millennium, Infinite, previously published as The Reincarnationist Papers, offers a tantalizing glimpse into the Cognomina, a secret society of people who possess total recall of their past lives. Evan Michaels struggles with being different, with having the complete memories of two other people who lived sequentially before him. He fights loneliness and believes he is unique until he meets Poppy. She recognizes his struggle because she is like him, except that she is much older, remembering seven consecutive lives. But there is something else she must share with Evan--she is a member of the secretive Cognomina. They are, in effect, immortals--compiling experiences and skills over lifetimes into near superhuman abilities that they have used to drive history over centuries. Poppy invites Evan into the Cognomina, but he must face their tests before entering this mysterious society as their equal. After watching the movie, I decided to look into the novel again. I read several review, wasn't quite sure that I'd like the novel so, I started with this prequel. Discovered in an antique store in Rome at the turn of the millennium, The Reincarnationist Papers offers a tantalizing glimpse into the Cognomina, a secret society of people who possess total recall of their past lives. I read this book (and the first notebook) in the hopes that it would be based around some of the emerging western mystery teachings, that maybe the author had done some research into them. But he has assumed that there is nothing but the physical existence, despite the reincarnation and perfect memory aspect. Heavens and Hells of the Mind by Imre Vallyon gives an abundance of clear and easy to follow teachings around the concept of reincarnation from a western perspective. It is just one example of many. Multilayered and complex, The Reincarnationist Papers opens a door into a world that seems both plausible and fantastical. Maikranz succeeds at mixing philosophy and history with a highly suspenseful plot, resulting in a book that’s both thought-provoking and entertaining.” Sarina Dahlan, author of Reset

Whereas the "intro" to The Reincarnationist Papers tells of the discovery and translation in a very truncated way, this little novella add-on goes much more in depth about that process. Instead of just a paragraph, we get several chapters. Epic…thrilling and haunting…Already slated to be a motion picture, this is a fascinating and fast-paced story that will keep readers engaged until the very end.” Library Journal, Reviewed by Ron Samul. [7] Release details [ edit ] There were some moments in the movie where the laws of physics were simply and blatantly just disregarded, which made me curl my toes. But it was just a minor thing, because the movie proved to be entertaining.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment