276°
Posted 20 hours ago

CARAN D'ACHE Cardboard Box with 76 Assorted Colours +2 blenders

£1.13£2.26Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

But – as is practical, you might also have your charts in one physical place while you draw in another. I’ve been trying to do my own tri tone book using luminance but struggling so I for one am so happy to see this! The image below shows that the expanded range of 100 coloured pencil set includes 9 violet coloured pencils. Its delicate texture, along with the vibrancy of the many recently developed shades, open up exciting new vistas in the realms of overlaying, mixed techniques and gradation and the new leads are designed for works intended for exhibition, collection and museum purposes.

Luminance coloured pencils - a closer look – Artnitso The 100 Luminance coloured pencils - a closer look – Artnitso

As with everything in life, there has to be a best and a worst, although I am very young in terms of my time as a colored pencil artist, even I can tell what the finest quality coloured pencil is, and Caran D'ache Luminancetakes the crown. As the name suggest, these tools are used to smoothly blend colours together and can also be used as a wax resist tool also. Now to get a look a closer look, let’s separate these into two groups – the colour wheel colours, and the neutral colours.

If you have a set of the previous 76 range of pencils, you can find out more about them in a previous blog post. When they launched their set of 24 new colours in July 2020, the writing was now white and much more legible. Previously I worked with the Derwent Coloursoft pencils which are ideal for skin tones as they are soft and offer a smooth finish, but the Luminance pencils can achieve smooth applications and allow for the finer detail. On the barrel of the pencil is the Caran Dache Swiss made print along with the brand which is Luminance. It will also help you get a better understanding of what pencils are available in the Caran d’Ache Luminance coloured pencil range.

CARAN DACHE LUMINANCE - STEP BY STEP ART CARAN DACHE LUMINANCE - STEP BY STEP ART

You will find the donation buttons below and can follow us on ko-fi to stay informed of the latest news.Therefore, of the total 100 pencil range, 78 pencils have a lightfast rating of I, and 22 pencils have a lightfast rating of II. core, the Luminance range is a wax based pencil and although when laying down the colour it is thick and creamy, the core is not ridiculously soft and holds a fine point quite well. I have also completed a review of these beautiful Caran D'ache Luminance pencils on my YouTube channelwhere I have conducted a few test's which are better witnessed, so if you are interested follow the link and watch the video.

Caran d’Ache Luminance 6901 Free 100 Color Swatch Chart Caran d’Ache Luminance 6901 Free 100 Color Swatch Chart

These waxes are added early in the pasteurisation process to achieve perfect blending with the pigment mixture. With the Luminance pencils, I can apply fine details over tonal bases that I created using the Derwent pencils. As I layer extensively in my work, wax based pencils are more suited and the Luminance pencils are highly pigmented, lightfast and layer well. But after I got over my fear, I actually started to enjoy using these wonderful pencils, works of art in their own right.Their blenders are available as the 'Full Blender', which is a stick made purely of a colourless wax, and a pencil blender which is the same colourless wax encased in wood, and presented much like a coloured pencil. Incorporating a wide range of browns and greys which animal artists use regularly, they provide a useful selection of 'barely there' colour tints such as Buff Titanium (801) and Silver grey (002), through to the deeper tones like Sepia (407) and Payne's grey (508). The following table shows the naming discrepancies between the Luminance pencil bodies and the official color charts. The bar chart shows the comparative numbers of each colour family and neutral colours available in the range. However, it takes a long time to make your own chart, and it usually is something that we don’t get around to doing.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment