276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Grandma and Grandad keepsake wooden plaque/sign

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

In the Philippines, Grandparents' Day is celebrated every second Sunday of September. The country started celebrating this event in 1987. I grew up with my grandparents around. I think that's important for a child. If for no other reason than to hear stories about their parents when they were children." — Al Roker I'm going to be your grandpa! I have the biggest smile. I've been waiting to meet you for such a long, long while." — Billy Crystal

But of course, even the most golden-hearted grandparent deserves the chance to treat themselves to the finer things in life. We asked what, if anything, grandparents spend their spare money on. Here are the top five results:

Goodman, Catherine; Silverstein, Merril (2002-10-01). "Grandmothers Raising Grandchildren". The Gerontologist. 42 (5): 676–689. doi: 10.1093/geront/42.5.676. ISSN 0016-9013. PMID 12351803. Being pregnant is the most natural thing our bodies can do. Our grandparents did it without all these books, and they came out okay." — Jamie-Lynn Sigler

André Burguière (1993). "Les transformations de la culture familiale et des structures domestiques autour de la Révolution". Annales de Bretagne et des pays de l'Ouest. 100 (4): 405. It's funny what happens when you become a grandparent. You start to act all goofy and do things you never thought you'd do. It's terrific." — Mike KrzyzewskiLife is made for living, and if you’re looking to free up some cash to spend in your later years, or to help family members, why not consider Saga Equity Release provided by HUB Financial Solutions Limited? It gives the opportunity for UK homeowners aged over 55 to release tax-free cash and spend it on whatever you like – from home improvements and replacing a car to gifting money to your loved ones. Note that equity release will reduce the value of your estate and can affect your eligibility for means-tested state benefits. Gifted money may be subject to inheritance tax. Methodology of grandparents who have lent or gifted money to grandchildren said they would do so again in the future.

Aviva is a Living Wage, Living Pension and Living Hours employer and provides market-leading benefits for our people, including flexible working, paid carers leave and equal parental leave. Find out more at https://www.aviva.com/about-us/our-people/ Arber, Sara; Timonen, Virpi (2012). "Grandparenting in the 21st century: New directions". In Arber, Sara; Timonen, Virpi (eds.). Contemporary Grandparenting: Changing Family Relationships in Global Contexts. Great Britain: The Policy Press. pp.247–264.Doing the naming yourself can be particularly helpful when you're dealing with difficult emotions or relationships. "I'd like my stepmother to be called Gigi (for Grandma Ginny) instead of Grandma," one mom explains. "I think it will hurt my mom less." a b Ruiz, Sarah A.; Silverstein, Merril (2007). "Relationships with grandparents and the emotional well-being of late adolescent and young adult grandchildren". Journal of Social Issues. 63 (4): 793–808. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-4560.2007.00537.x.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment