276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Dermatica Ultralight Recovery Moisturiser 30ml

£6.38£12.76Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It can be used in many types of formulations as it has great thermal stability (can be heated up to 85°C) and works on a wide range of pH levels (ph 3-10). Has antimicrobial and cell-communicating properties and is considered to be part of the skin's natural defence system. I really love that Dermatica haven’t skimped on hydrating ingredients here – oily skin needs moisture too! If you’re unsure whether something contains oil, check the ingredient list and don’t use anything with an oil listed within the first four ingredients.

If you’re already using a retinoid, you might find that your skin is hardy enough to use this morning and evening but I generally prefer to use this just at night. Ceramide eop, ceramide np, phytosphingosine, cholesterol and squalane in this product help decrease the water evoporation from the skin, so that it stays hydrated for longer.

Compared to the pure form it's more stable, has longer shelf life, but it's also more poorly absorbed by the skin. A 2007 study showed that Phytosphingosine even works against evil acne-causing bacteria, Propionibacterium acnes and shows promise as a complementing active ingredient in treating acne-prone skin thanks to its anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial activities.

In other words, it's a superb moisturizer that makes your skin nice and smooth, without being heavy or greasy. Azelaic acid, with its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, is the perfect companion to tretinoin because it amplifies the effects of your retinoid while minimising irritation. It also helps to stabilize oil-water mixes (emulsions), though it does not function as an emulsifier in itself.

I have been subscribed to their personalised treatments for over 2 years but I have never tried their over the counter products. cait eyelid skin is thinner and has less oil glands, so the delicate skin is more prone to dryness and irritation. I believe they were already selling a couple of routine essentials beforehand – like their Purifying Cleansing Gel and Ultralight Recovery Moisturiser – but these have since been discontinued. You’ll find glycerin, shea butter, grape seed oil and hyaluronic acid in here, all of which provide and lock in moisture.

It contains key ingredients to help soothe and protect the skin which is super important when using actives to prevent damaging the skin barrier and causing irritation with the inclusion of ceramides, niacinamide, panthenol, vitamin E and hyaluronic acid. Although, I have to say that the silicone finish is very subtle – this doesn’t feel at all slippery or waxy. As for skin-brightening, there is a trade publication with in-vivo data showing that SAP can fade brown spots.While pure shea butter is a rich emollient that might feel greasy on the skin, this one is designed for its light, silky-soft feeling.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment