276°
Posted 20 hours ago

NOW Yearbook Extra 1979

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Selected items are only available for delivery via the Royal Mail 48® service and other items are available for delivery using this service for a charge. was also saw some great cover versions, including Paul Young’s ‘I'm Gonna Tear Your Playhouse Down’, Sandie Shaw’s version of The Smiths’ ‘Hand In Glove’, and some novelty pop including ‘Hole In My Shoe’ by Neil peaking at No. 2, and ‘Nellie The Elephant’ by Toy Dolls. I do appreciate the effort that's gone into them by including the correct single versions (unlike on some of the earlier numbered reissues) and trying to use the best remasters - Spandau Ballet's To Cut A Long Story Short being a prime example, the easy option of the awful 2010 remaster has been avoided in favour of an earlier one (or original even?) that has bass, warmth and dynamics! I thought I would make my first thread one about the Now Yearbooks series that covers the years 1980-1984 (so far) along with the 'Extra' 3CD volumes that come out shortly after the release of the main edition (I would have uploaded images but, being new, I can't work out how to as I don't know how/where to find an 'image URL' as required). The second CD includes floor-fillers from The Pointer Sisters, and The Dazz Band, alongside Freddie Mercury’s ‘Love Kills’, and synth-pop hits from Howard Jones, Nik Kershaw and Tears For Fears, together with soul infused ballads from Kool & The Gang and Jeffrey Osborne.

Four of 1979s most beautiful songs open Disc 3 from ABBA with ‘Chiquitita’, ‘Every Day Hurts’ from Sad Café, Elton John’s ‘Song For Guy’, and the best-selling single of the year: ‘Bright Eyes’ by Art Garfunkel, before presenting a stellar line-up of dance-floor gold including massive hits from Amii Stewart, The Crusaders, The Real Thing, Eruption and Earth, Wind & Fire With The Emotions on the epic ‘Boogie Wonderland’, before finishing with one of the most influential singles of all time: ‘Rapper's Delight’ from The Sugarhill Gang. was incredibly rich for classic hit singles, and CD2 opens with a breath-taking sequence of punk and new wave classics including ‘The Sound Of The Suburbs’ from The Members, ‘Babylon’s Burning’ from The Ruts along with The Jam, The Clash, The Stranglers, Siouxsie And The Banshees and Sex Pistols. Early releases from some of the next decades’ most influential artists – Japan, Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark, and The Tourists featuring Annie Lennox and Dave Stewart – are included, and the disc finishes with soul-inflected dancefloor gold from Shalamar, Edwin Starr, Diana Ross and Cher. NOW is proud to present NOW - Yearbook Extra 1984 with 60 more essential hits from the year. Released as a limited edition 3CD set, collectors and 80s pop lovers will find it a great compliment to their Yearbook collection. Hits· 4CD Series· 4CD Series, Christmas Series· Anniversary Series· Christmas Series· Country Series· DVD Series· Dance Series· Main Series· Now 12" 80s· Now 80s Dancefloor· Now Millennium· Now Presents· Now Vinyl Series· Now Yearbooks· Other· Specials· The Millennium Series (1999)

Contributors

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment