276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Live at the Hollywood Bowl

£9.3£18.60Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Beck has surrounded himself with a cast of young players—much like the great bluesmen, John Lee Hooker, Muddy Waters and, yes, Buddy Guy, have done. That’s what happened in the summer of 2016, and thankfully a film and sound crew were on hand to capture it all. And I went to alot of Allman Brothers, Lynard Skynard, Blues, Rock, Quadrofonic, and Progressive Rock ” Yes”, “Jethro Tull” with his Flute, and Frank Zappa. Of course, these were Jeff Beck‘s followers, many of whom had seen him live throughout the various phases of his classic rock career, from the Yardbirds to the days of the Jeff Beck Group with Rod Stewart, out on the Jan Hammer Highway and into the future with Beck’s 2016 album, Loud Hailer.

For the 2014 tour, the musician whose genius for picking young talent first brought Rod Stewart to fame, will be accompanied by four brilliant musicians he brought together for the first time last year: bassist Rhonda Smith, guitarist Nic Meier, drummer Jonathan James and Lizzie Ball on violin.Over the last few years he has performed alongside singers Kelly Clarkson and Joss Stone on the most-watched U. It was Great to see my Friend again, still playing and experimenting, and Collaborating, sharing his night with us. From there, the guitarist and his band — guitarist Carmen Vandenberg, bassist Rhonda Smith and drummer Jonathan Joseph — go back in time to the best of the Yardbirds.

He has collaborated with Grammy-Award winning singer Imogen Heap and UK sensation Joss Stone on various albums.Gibbons, Jan Hammer, Beth Hart, Jimmy Hall and Buddy Guy and concluded with an group encore of “Purple Rain” in honor of Prince.

Legendary rock guitarist Jeff Beck has had one of the least flashy yet most influential careers in rock history. The Blow By Blow-era “Freeway Jam” and the heart-rending instrumental “Because We’ve Ended As Lovers” set us up for Beck’s first special guest, Jan Hammer. He experimented with me, He gave me a history lesson on his career with the Yardbirds, these long bus rides he took with them, on Jimmy Page, dragging around his guitar on the ground.What appealed to me was the idea of bringing together these seemingly incongruous styles on different kinds of nonclassical music.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment