276°
Posted 20 hours ago

His Forsaken Bride (Vawdrey Brothers Book 2)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Indeed ‘tis so.” Her sister-in-law held up her letter with a flourish. “Do you wish to see it in his own hand?” she asked. “I don’t wish to be indelicate… Of course my brother writes to tell me all. It was always so, ever since he was a babe he has always confided in me and me alone,” she gloated. You know, I'm not one for liking books where the hero treats the heroine badly. That's not the best description for this series though. Their words are cutting and they start out selfish, but their actions are protective and they are very jealous and possessive. It's a combination that you wouldn't think mix and yet the author pulls it off. You might be surprised,” she answered with a soft smile. “He would have been pleased to see you making your own stamp on the place.” A sudden suspicion had his mind reeling. Surely, surely that bastard Thane could not be so inept, that she knew not the pleasures of the marriage bed?

His Forsaken Bride by Alice Coldbreath - online free at Epub

But it is the quirkiness of the plot and characters that both elevates and diminishes the story. While the conflict of an absentee husband petitioning for a divorce from his faithful wife is interesting, the way it plays out is jarring and random. The king seems a silly sort who makes rash decisions and sulks about while parading his mistresses within his own wife’s court. It’s hard to enjoy the romance of the H and h when the king and queen are these front-and-center antiheroes. And I like the queen and hate to see her humiliated and disrespected.I feel like there’s something corrosive inside my chest.” He said slowly, touching his fingers to his heart. “It’s going to eat its way out. You don’t have the first idea.”

His Forsaken Bride by Alice Coldbreath with a Listen Free to His Forsaken Bride by Alice Coldbreath with a

Linnet nodded, considering this. “Enid’s first marriage was a love-match so doubtless she would not understand a marriage of convenience. But there are many eligible ladies who would understand that sort of arrangement only too well.”

Few Mus, few differences, some spats happen but the H's will prevails. Vawdrey hs are too sweet and amenable for their own good. Fen has been tossed aside by her husband and in an attempt to salvage herself she carries her betrothal papers to court in an effort to force Oswald to champion her before the King. Within moments of entering his office, she discovers some most astounding news that turns her life upside down. Oswald uses the opportunity with Fen to untangle himself from an unwanted situation, intending to carry on his life as usual., but he soon finds that he wants Fen as close as possible, and is determined that no one can dispute his relationship with her. Mason pursed his lips and fetched a pitcher of apple wine off a side-table. He poured two goblets. “Not for want of trying,” said Mason with a sigh, thinking of their late father's seat which lay some fifty miles north of Cadwallader. “If you would wait for a month or so, then I could accompany you...”

Alice Coldbreath — read the author’s books online | Bookmate Alice Coldbreath — read the author’s books online | Bookmate

I want to understand why a hero falls in love with a heroine and cannot imagine his life without her. In this book I never understood why Oswald wanted to be with the heroine and the only thing I ever felt towards her was pity. In addition I never cared if the heroine and Oswald were together. I just loved everything about this. The set-up was a little bit longer than I expected but once Oswald and Fenella are married, I was so hooked on everything. I loved Oswald's obsession with Fenella and his machinations behind the scenes. I loved Fenella learning the ways of the court. I loved every miscommunication.This second Vawdrey Brothers book was surprisingly good. The hero, Oswald, was far more complex and not as beta as he comes across in the first book. Oswald Vawdrey was a revelation. He put his hands to her waist and yanked her almost roughly toward him. As his fingers worked on the strings, his mind raced. He wanted her. And why the hell shouldn’t he have her? She was his. He had the documents to prove it. It would help make it believable if other men were interested in her or at least someone found her attractive. However no one wanted her including her ex-husband. He had not even touched her in two years and left her for another woman who was attractive. Of course, that is where you’ll be placed as a cast-off wife. You can hardly hold a property unwed.” There is just one slim chance to avoid this fate, one person of prominence at court who she knows has the ear of the King. Oswald Vawdrey, the man who cruelly jilted her when she was a starry-eyed fifteen year old with a head full of romantic dreams.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment