276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Every Word You Cannot Say

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This is written beautifully, both in terms of voice/style and the visual presentation of words on the page. I know this is listed as poetry, and free verse is a thing, but there was a very poetic prose element to this collection that I think bears at least remarking on.

In other words, second person— even in the title, we see the word “you”, and this is a motif throughout the book. Everyone can be at a different stage in their lives experiencing different emotions and are in different situations.

Sometimes because it hurts and sometimes because you’re just not supposed to talk about what you wantto talk about. It reminded you to notice the magic you have now, the magic of self love and appreciating the world around you. Di antaranya “I Wrote This For You (2011)”, “25 Love Poems to NSA”, dan “Who You Were Before You Were You”.

I think this may be my favorite of his work or it could be I’m writing this review immediately after finishing reading it without letting it sink in for awhile like I usually do. As for the theme, I can’t quite say exactly what it was— and not because it was unclear, but because it was such a universal feeling.You actually feel like they’re the words running through your head—in fact, I’m pretty sure they have sometimes! Getting hurt is part of life, messing up is part of life, wanting to be alone at times is part of life; but so is being there when it's important, being brave even when you think you're not, trying again and again and again each day, and being open to all the joys and good the world holds. From abuse from my peers, to emotional neglect, to mental health issues, to trauma inflicted on my person. I loved that, that kind of feeling from these books and these poems in particular, I always believe that that is irreplaceable – after all, I haven’t experienced it anywhere else or with any other author. Love yourself, love others, love your significant others, unlove them, unlove toxic person, they all have the same thread.

I believe there were poems that would speak to different people included within the pages of this book.

The book touches on the concept of "Here", inviting readers to invent their own concept of "Here", staying grounded in the present and looking for things that matter. I sometimes feel that I am completely alone in situations and this book helped by just being a companion. It’s like everything inside me, everything I have ever wanted to say when my father told me I wouldn’t succeed because I was depressed, when my mother told me to leave her house, when I was the talk of the household and I couldn’t find my voice, when I was bleeding and nobody said anything. This just puts into word every feeling, every thought, every emotion I have never even knew I still carry inside me. I enjoy seeing how others piece together what they are experiencing and how it brings some insight into my own life.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment