276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Cadbury Mini Snowballs Christmas Chocolate Bag, 80g

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This Scottish snowball recipe couldn’t be easier really. But I must warn you folks, this gets messy! Enlist help. Why not invite family and friends over to help you actually make the desserts that will go on the tray?! Not only will it be more fun if baking’s a family affair, it’s a lot easier too. Extra hands = faster baking. You can even make “Christmas cookie baking day” an annual event, or host a cookie decorating day.

Mum's no-bake chocolate snowballs are delicious easy to make chocolate balls made from just 6 ingredients. This is a fantastic holiday recipe kids will love!

I hope you have enjoyed this recipe for snowballs, I will share with you a couple more recipes we enjoy making over the Christmas season. Snowballs rolled in coconut, ready to enjoy with your family or freeze them for another day. Once you’ve made your coconut snowball cakes they will keep for a few days in a sealed container, but I bet they won’t last that long….. Can you freeze Scottish snowballs? Sift the flour, cocoa, baking powder, allspice and a pinch of salt into the bowl and mix well to combine. Stir in the pecans. Chill, covered, for 3 hours, or overnight. Leave them to set completely for about half an hour before eating or you’ll get covered in coconut and icing How long do Scottish snowballs keep? Prepare some items ahead of time. At the end of the year, things get real hectic… real fast. So do your future self a favor and begin soon. Review how to freeze cookie doughand you’ll be thankful you had a head start!

In 1998, Lees created massive new premises an 82,000 sqaure foot factory, purpose built for them - still in Coatbridge, where all of Lees products being manufactured there. You can freeze these chocolate balls by placing the airtight container in your freezer for up to 3 months. Meanwhile, pulse the remaining coconut in a food processor to break it down. It’s easier to coat the balls when the coconut shreds are broken up/smaller. Spread your jam once your snowballs are cool enough to touch but still warm. Like our Empire Biscuits, by adding the jam while the buns are warm, it acts like a glue as they cool; adding the jam when the buns have already cooled will mean they continue to slip around – not what you want when it comes to the icing and coconut!

Lost my password

Either will do and it’s personal preference to which you choose. I opt for margarine as a way to omit the dairy but whatever you choose, have it at room temperature before baking. So what are these snowball cakes? Well, Scottish snowballs are almost like a cross between shortbread and a scone. They aren’t out and out cake-like in texture. In this recipe, milk is needed to add a little more moisture to the snowball buns. It’s personal preference as to what kind of milk you use – dairy, soya and coconut are all great options. On the inside is a sponge-cake type filling. Which goes perfectly with the chocolate and coconut it’s dipped into! We already have the raising-agents in the self-raising flour but we add just a smidgen more with some baking powder, just to give the buns a little more lift.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment