276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Synology 2-Bay NAS DS223 (Diskless)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Many people use wireless earbuds nowadays, and for good reason: they’re small and light, comfortable to wear, and easy to take with you everywhere you go. They also tend to provide good battery life because their charging case recharges them... ASUS ExpertWiFi EBR63 review: The mid-range router for SMBs! AFAIK with QNAP value-series, their Apps are available as per QTS version, not as per what (QNAP) you are using? As the amount of data we each generate daily continues to grow at an unprecedented pace, the need for effective file management has never been greater," said Michael Wang, Product Manager at Synology. "The DS223 is the perfect solution for home users looking to manage their data in a smart way with a centralized, comprehensive platform that goes beyond basic storage capabilities." Private cloud for easy data organization and sharing

For the life of me … I can’t see the value of this product when still existing the TS253 or the even cheaper Terramaster F2-210. The DS223 enables users to consolidate files from various sources on their own private cloud, making their data easily accessible and simple to manage from any device. Up to 36TB of raw storage 1provides plenty of space for storing users' documents, media, and other files in one secure location. Insert the biggest thing I hate about Synology outside of their “hard drive requirements” (if the damn hard drive says Nas supported then it should just work you shouldn’t need a specific hard drive) is them telling you where to put your media or files for specific programs they own you should be able to tell the programs just like in Plex where the files are where you wanting to put the files and have one way think as an option with no deletion

J series with 1Gb, play series with 2Gb and value series with 4Gb (this is the maximum available for this CPU). In terms of external ports, all of the models have one RJ-45 1GbE LAN port and 2 USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports. The DS220j and DS223 do not have a USB 2.0 port, while the DS218 and DS218play have one USB 2.0 port. It’s worth noting that these are general comparisons, and the performance of each SoC can also depend on other factors such as the memory, storage, and specific implementation of the software. Then there is the default network connection of the Synology DS223 NAS of 1x 1GbE. Now, despite my protests and complaints about the default connections of bigger and/or more aggressive NAS systems having 1GbE in the last few months, I am actually less bothered about it’s appearance on the DS223. First and foremost, the ARM v8 CPU inside might well only have limited network support of 2.5GBASE-T/2.5G, as well as be less capable of fully saturating that bandwidth effectively despite the 2x SATA Drives. Then there is Synology maintaining their price point for this device when factoring in DSM. The option to add USB network upgrades would have been desirable (especially given the number of USB ports on offer here), but the DS223 having 1GbE is not the dealbreaker in my eyes that it might have been on a bigger or more powerful system. I was surprised at how highly you two spoke of the arm processors in the 223j. My first nas was a 220j and it was terribly underwhelming in performance. Maybe it was the 512MB of Ram, but it absolutely failed miserably when I tried running multiple applications especially when I was uploading photos and videos from my phone to photo station would make the system completely unusable for anything else as it tried to process the files and index them. I tolerated it for a few months then upgraded to the DS920+ and I LOVE it. It does everything I ask of it with ease.

NPU: The RTD1619B comes with a NPU (Neural Processing Unit) that is able to perform 1.6TOPS of AI operations. This gives the RTD1619B an edge over the RTD1296 in tasks that require AI-related processing, such as image recognition and machine learning. of homes have cat5e, so there’s no question of 10GbE without ripping the walls, which isn’t a problem at 2.5GbE. 95% of WiFi6 APs have 1 GbE LAN, so how do you want to use the full WiFi6 bandwidth, between laptop and NAS, laptop and internet etc. If you want to take full advantage of WIFi 6, you have to buy the most expensive AP which has, guess what… 2.5GbE LAN. Thank you for your valuable insights. I would ignore all the very disrespectful comments. Not worth getting your BP up for it. Cheers. Hot on the heels of their recent releases in the Synology Plus range, Synology has now revealed a new Value Series 2-Bay NAS – The Synology DS223 NAS. Powered by a newer generation Realtek ARM v8 processor, this is the first entry into a no doubt soon to expand value range of diskstation devices to replace the (frankly) long overdue refresh of the DS218, DS118, DS418, DS120j and DS220j devices in their portfolio. Arriving with a similar level of hardware across the rest of the device to the 2018-2020 released value/budget devices in most other regards, the most notable change here is the scale up in processor from the RTD1296 to the RTD1619B. Let’s discuss the hardware that we know, how that will impact DSM and where it improves upon the older gen. What Are the Hardware Specifications of the Synology DS223 NASIt do think that Intel are part of the Synology problem. There celeron release schedule has really hindered Synology. So far, I have been informed that the Synology DS923+ Expandable and Fully Featured 4-Bay and FOUR new revisions of the Diskstation 2-Bay are in the works. The 2 Bay systems are the Synology DS723+ Expandable Premium NAS, a DS223+ mid-range fully software featured 2-Bay, a DS223 standard value series NAS and, finally, a DS223j cost-effective 2-Bay system. No details on the hardware have been provided, but these will almost certainly follow in the footsteps of previously released Diskstation 2/4-Bay Devices in this hardware tier, such as the DS420+ and DS220+. Unfortunately, I cannot disclose the source of this information. This is as much information as I can share right now, other than a rather wide release window (see at the bottom of the article), that is about it. Now, I can already hear the complaints in the comments about this, but you are going to have to trust me on this one, as I trust the source and in 6 months all this will play out. Additionally, I received further information on other planned Synology hardware accessories/add-ons that I need to verify in the meantime before I publish. So, let’s discuss what we think the hardware of the DS223+ and other Diskstations are likely to be. Synology seem to be ignoring the Plex users and won’t put all the media hardware bits n pieces in the same box at an affordable price and start dominating their competition. Mr Qnap must be Mr synology’s brother in-law or something ???? Közösségi hálók sütijei Ezek a sütik lehetővé teszik számunkra, hogy kényelmesen összekapcsoljuk Önt a közösségi média profiljával, és például lehetővé teszik, hogy termékeket és szolgáltatásokat osszon meg barátaival és családtagjaival.

If you have been looking at Synology or a more cost-effective, low-price and highly power-efficient NAS drive in 2022/2023, then there is a very good chance that you have been wondering about the release of the DS223j, as the current value series offering of the DS220j has been available now for well over two years and looking a little old now. Well, I am pleased to share that I have been informed that Synology has plans to release the newest entry into their budget/cost-effective tier with this new 2-Bay NAS in the last quarter of 2022 (or possibly the start of 2023). This little snippet of information (alongside mention of other new desktop NAS’, such as the DS223, DS223+, DS723+ and DS923+), details which units are going to form the bulk of the brand’s home-prosumer-SMB diskstation portfolio. The DS2xxj series has always been highly desirable as the entry point for most first-time Synology NAS users and although is a solution that arrives with hardware that could arguably be called ‘economical’, it is worth also remembering that it will almost certainly arrive with support of DSM 7 – so you are going to be looking at an affordably jumping off point into a complete hardware+software solution. Although the details we have on the DS223j are incredibly thin on the ground at the time of writing, this information DOES come from a very trustworthy source that I am sorry to say I cannot share. I am sure this will result in many having doubts about the reliability of this information (I would feel the same), but you are just going to have to trust me on this and/or wait out the rest of 2022 as this all plays out. Let’s discuss the DS223j a little further.Synology Office – Create documents, spreadsheets, and slides in a multi-user environment. Real-time synchronization and saving make collaboration a breeze. This allows you to view and edit your office documents in a native Synology application (no internet access needed) and keep all file management and handling internally. Synology Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) – It was always going to be completely off the cards for the DS223 to support the Synology Virtual Machine application. Aside from the 2GB of default memory that cannot be upgraded, the Realtek CPU inside this system is built around instruction compression and efficiency – something VMs are not known for when delivering commands! Im not expecting all of this to happen now. But it may well in the next few years, and will also give additional overhead room for shared bandwidth on the network if multiple machines are heavily active at a given time. Again, not designing around whats capable now,. but what may happen in the next few years. Trying not to Buy any New 1GbE products from Synology Need to have 2.GbE cards min. . New Computers buying all have 2.5GbE in them , Coming up 2.5GbE on Fiber for Internet about 3 months from now. So the Nas will be the slowest Link in the Network. Qnap has had 1.5Gbe since the Middle of 2019. I called Synology Tech Support and they said not many people have asked for 2.5Gbe , Asked more than once other time Tech acted like maybe they would skip over 2.5 GbE , like it would only be around for a short period of time in the market.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment