276°
Posted 20 hours ago

SanDisk 512GB microSDXC UHS-I card for Nintendo Switch - Nintendo licensed Product

£21.42£42.84Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

JaxonH Granted, that shpiel I went on mostly only applies if you go digital, or you're accessing hundreds of pictures/videos or music files like I do on the New 3DS. (Although a 3DS doesn't really benefit much from 95 MB/s instead of 40 MB/s or something...) And even then, it mostly only matters for large open world games. If you're reading off of the NS game card, the SD card type probably won't matter much at all. So if you're going mostly or all physical, getting the best value with the most memory should be the best way to go. No, only Sony did that w/my 12GB PS3 superslim. I'm pretty sure I can't even find it, though I haven't looked for it in years. You want something officially licensed: If you would rather have peace of mind then and officially licensed card could be a better choice. Dakt @JaxonH That's a specs point I've been trying to find for a while now. The UHS-II cards are way, way faster, but they use an extra row of pins to utilize the extra speed. Otherwise, they only use one row, which maxes out at around 95 MB/s read speed. I haven't been able to find anyone who can confirm whether the microSD slot uses one or two rows of pins.

But are EA and Activision and Ubisoft going to compress everything and have it complete on day 1? I don't think so. That's not the way the modern gaming world works, everything is beta. The answer? Expand your Switch's memory by getting a great deal on a Micro SD card to store more games. Fortunately, there are plenty of cheap memory upgrade options for Switch in 2023 including mighty 1TB and 1.5TB Micro SD cards that will erase your storage woes for good (the Switch supports cards up to 2TB in size, although they don't actually exist just yet). You can also find fancy cards featuring Nintendo artwork that would make great gifts.Add 512GB of storage to your Nintendo Switch in a matter of seconds, and rest easy knowing you have room for your favorite games. And that population of hundreds of millions IS online, so you're failing to grasp that one as well. And an important part of that equation is the professional gaming media, which actually has quite a bit of influence on what the modern day gamer says, does or buys. True enough that it got no AAA games, but even the launch games had modest size patches (AC3, AC3.5, Mass Effect, Batman, etc.) The 7-14+GB patches on Sony are like they're sending it uncompressed. How do you have a patch that's BIGGER than all of BotW? I swear they just update archive files and push the whole thing rather than just sending the delta. It's an absurd system, and I truly can't see that flying on a largely portable system where metered hotspot use will probably be highly used. Even with "unlimited" data they limit hotspotting to a few gig. A few gig for a patch, sure. 7-15GB? No. (EA habits aside, if your patch is larger than other similarly sized entire games, something is wrong with your release process.)

Note: These tests were performed before Nintendo added a so-called 'boost mode' to Breath of the Wild, which pushes the Switch's processor to its limits to speed up the loading process when you first enter a game or move to a new area. However, the hierarchy of different storage methods remains the same.And you're WAY too hung up on the whole graphics thing. It's just one of the factors in the decision making process for Switch owners, but not the main one, so I'm suspecting that this is your personal sentiment, not a factually proven one. Keep in mind that the current top of the line SD flash has now reached 300 MB/s, with top of the line microSD currently at around 275 MB/s. The SD flash price/performance ratio will improve tremendously over the next 5 years of the base console cycle, whereas the price/performance ratio for the flash chip (maybe NAND) onboard the NS will likely not improve much at all from the customer's standpoint. Paying for more onboard flash chip memory than is needed to get going would be the real ripoff. Make sure it's at least 80mb/s read speed. That seems to be good and make use of the card slot's speed. too much more than 80mb/s, like 90+ is waste as the Switch can't make use of that extra speed. 80MB/s seems to be roughly the most it can handle before you get no more speed boosts from the even faster cards.

everything is beta" Yep, that about sums up modern gaming at least 3rd party gaming (increasingly nintendo too, but not quite there yet.) DLC for MK, Splatoon, Hyrule Warriors, Xenoblade etc, file size wise were never terribly huge. That might really be the difference, and I hope it is, that Sony pushes every updated archive file while Nintendo pushes only the delta to save bandwidth. Shame on Sony if that's the case. If someone is just brand loyal though the Sandisk Ultra and UltraPro are solid choices too. But the runner up went to that very Lexar 633x card you put into your story. cleveland124 If you're talking about cards, sure, but we're talking about flash memory chips, perhaps NAND flash chips, and we can't be sure on that until we get a teardown going after launch. NAND and other flash chip memory is much more expensive than SD flash memory. Even with manufacturing costs being low, they are typically sold higher corresponding to the higher memory size, especially when it's not removable.I have all my VC games (aside from Wii) on my internal 32gb storage and everything else on my hard drive. The best micro SD card for Nintendo Switchhelps cement it as one of the best portable gaming consoles. Without a micro SD card, having to uninstall and reinstall all your favourite games over and over can get frustrating – but when you have one in place, you can fill your console with the best Nintendo Switch games. As a sales person, you should know that most companies are glad to make people pay for things at every opportunity if it helps to keep cash in the bank." Only Nintendo gets a teeny-tiny percentage of a profit margin on those Switch-specific Micro SD cards that Sandisk is bringing out, but that is so insignificant, that it might as well be neglected. As for Wii U games, what games? How many big AAA 3rd party games did it get? How big of a patch was Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash going to need, it's a tennis game w/ only 1 arena. Or Animal Crossing amiibo Festival, it's a board game.

Glad I'm waiting until Christmas, I predict at least 3 firmware updates that make improvements by then. Though it does look god so far, much better than 3DS or Wii U at launch. I just need time to wrap my head around the whole hybrid idea and how that's going to work w/ myself and 2 teenage sons. 3DS is easy, they each have their own, Wii U, PS4 are mine, Wii is in my sons room w/ his NES Mini and my old Atari 7800. Not sure what to do w/ a hybrid and 3 gamers.Any parent may frantically Google “best micro SD card Switch” after buying a fresh new Nintendo Switch for a little one – not realizing that the console’s storage isn’t exactly overflowing. With between 32GB and 64GB available on the system, you’re gonna wanna upgrade. But even 3rd parties on WiiU, the patches never got that obscene in size. (Perhaps Dimensions notwithstanding.)

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment