276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Woodies Walnut Wood Sunglasses with Polarized Lens for Men and Women

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

They boast a clear frame, which is very popular at the moment, polarized anti-reflective lenses that are also UV-protected, and their signature wood temples, which are handmade from real walnut wood. Bamboo is a popular type of wood for wooden shades because it’s the fastest growing plant in the world, making it one of the most affordable and sustainable materials to use.

The result is a pair of wood frames that’s based on one of the most classic sunglass styles of all time, but feels totally fresh and unique. Ollie - another combination of wood and acetate in a wayfarer style design. The contrast between the bamboo wood and white acetate gives them a very distinctive look that will definitely get you noticed. Because of the way the light is filtered, polarized sunglasses can increase clarity and color when you’re outside, even making the views more enjoyable. Having less light reaching your eyes, however, means that visibility in gloomy weather will be limited with polarized lenses. It combines the timeless and sophisticated cool of Clubmasters with oak, which is one of those types of wood that provides a rugged earthiness. Murphy - made from sustainably sourced zebrano wood, this classic style is made unique because of the stripes in the wood.

Customer reviews

That’s why most fishermen and skiers prefer to wear polarized lenses while fishing or skiing. The glare from the water or snow can be straining on the eyes so, the protective film perfectly solves this problem. Price wasn’t the most important consideration. It really came down to a comfort level with the supplier. The rep that I would work with closely spoke great English, they presented themselves well, they showed me their equipment and let me tour the factory while they were in production. In addition to being significantly cheaper than a typical pair of sunglasses from the major sunglass brands, wood sunglasses also give you a cool, rugged and natural look that feels both stylish and down-to-earth. Handcrafted from sustainable materials that combine our classic styles with a playful twist, our wooden frames are individually handmade from unique cuts of sustainably sourced wood to create a look and feel that simply cannot be replicated in plastic form."

This is one of the few “cheat” pairs on this list, meaning that the frame isn’t actually wood at all – it’s a plastic frame that’s designed to look like wood. This pair of light weight bamboo frames from Woodword has a deep mahogany color, giving them a unique look that’s both more masculine and (in my opinion) more sophisticated. Rough-sea approved and made from eco-friendly material, this is one of the coolest sunglasses on the market right now–and one of our favorites too! Above, we briefly mentioned how polarizing films filter the light that gets through the glass and reaches your eyes. You have a filter applied to each lens. The film filters the horizontal light-waves and lets only vertical light-waves pass through. The 6 models have deliciously (and slightly obscure) British names - Alfie, Murphy, Riley, Ollie, Monty, and Hartley.

It wasn’t 15 minutes until we had a line of people offering to buy watches from us. We didn’t take their cash, but we drank free all afternoon long and had a hell of a time. So, you have a pair of sunglasses, but you really didn’t pay attention when you bought them if they were polarized or no. How do you know if they’re polarized?

Simply put, polarized lenses have a plastic film that will filter out all the horizontal orientated light . This means that only vertical sunlight gets to your eyes, thus eliminating glare and reducing the strain in your eyes. Many of the wood frames on this list were inspired by classic Ray-Ban designs, but this is one of the few pairs of wooden sunglasses actually made by the iconic company itself. Polarization reduces glare and helps you see details in harsh direct sunlight, that usually you wouldn’t. That’s why polarized sunglasses are great for driving, fishing, skiing and a variety of other activities. It combines a metallic frame with wood-lined lenses, and is available in both walnut wood and zebra wood. And speaking of color, while most men’s wooden sunglasses come in various shades of brown, you don’t automatically have to turn to plastic sunglasses if you’re looking for a little color.I read the 4-Hour Workweek many many years ago and it really set my thinking from day one. I just wanted to be really really good at one thing, and that’s what happened with my best selling product. I was able to ‘set’ the market.

These shades are pretty well-crafted, they fit nicely, and do a great job at filtering the sun while also providing amazing clarity. They’re also super stylish and affordable. The keyhole shape on the bridge of the nose and the double dots on the rivet (which is the name for the little symbol that often appears in the corner of glasses frames). Granted, there are a lot of disgusting bathrooms all over China. But these factories have millions of dollars worth of machinery, if they can’t put together a decent bathroom for their workers, then they are probably corner-cutters.Adding polarization to a pair of regular sunglasses can be expensive, and sometimes the results aren’t that good. That’s because when sunglasses are made, the polarizing filter is made to precisely fit the lens and its specifications. Hartley - this 80s inspired retro wayfarer design also combines wooden frames (sustainably sourced birch wood) with multi-coloured, mirrored lenses, making them a unique choice that fits in perfectly with the trend this summer. A lot of the wooden frames on this list are modelled after Ray-Ban’s classic Clubmaster design, but why settle for an imitation when you can have the original? Unfortunately, while the sheer quantity of wood frame sunglasses has been exploding at a crazy clip, the quality of these shades varies pretty wildly. In addition to a perfect medium-brown maple wood color, the arms are engraved with a unique pattern you won’t find on other wooden sunglasses, while the rims are layered with a pop of color that adds a fun further distinction.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment